1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

I hope you’re joking.

Keano88 and callumrae1967 like this.
  2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He really isn’t mate :56:

Drakhan is the hypothetical situation master :giggle1:

Liam Scales and Callum McGregor like this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

4. Aussie_Dan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Happy 2019 scumbag

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Same to you too.:50:

Goggzy60 likes this.
  6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Mentioned in the Spurs game that Son isnt joining South Korea until after they play Man U on the 13th, so they're letting him miss their first 2 if not 3 Group Games.

Shows how much Australia have made a * of themselves, especially with the Scottish based players who stop anyway that they never let play the last game cause they are playing Jordan for fucksake.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They would never dare treat teams in the greatest league in the stratosphere as they have our pub league.

Maestro 08, celticfan01 and Rydo1888* like this.
  8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Good ol Karma hit that * aussie coach, Martin Boyle has been ruled out of the asian cup due to injury. If he had played vs Hearts he wouldn't have picked up the injury v oman, bhaha get it up ya

9. Mr Cleansheets

My family is a part of the Glencoe McDonalds. I've been to Glencoe and felt the dreadful eeriness of the cuntish Campbell memory. I'm so, so, so proud of my Scottish heritage...

But thank * my great grandfather left for Australia back in the 1890s...

Moan Tam ya Aussie bastert!

10. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Didn't think convicts had much of a choice

11. Mr. Slippyfist

:56::57:

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

*got deported

Edit: Just seen @Raoul Duke beat me to it :54:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  13. Mr Cleansheets

What too many of you chaps are forgetting is this...Tam wants to play for Australia.

Always.

But especially in what is (for us) our second biggest tournament after the World Cup. Call Arnold all sorts of * if you want but the truth is - Tam wants to play at the Asian Cup, and Arnold would've been mad to let him play in a * Old Firm derby a few days before the tournament, dicky knee or no.

Aussie_Dan likes this.
  14. clonbhoy

What are you telling me for?

DoTheBroony likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Greatest Aussie since Crocodile Dundee.

17. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I mean he even said it himself he wanted to play v the huns, then wanted to come into the aus training camp 1-2 days later. The derby was 9 days ago so to say 'a few days before the tournament' is well off. Arnold is a lying hun * that plays the victim card whenever he has questions to answer from the press.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic fans are used to seeing Tom Rogic slamming stunning shots into the top corner.

But it would have been painful viewing for Hoops supporters watching the Aussie ace last night.

Footage of the playmaker in action went viral after he was captured on camera curling a couple of trademark strikes into the net in training in Dubai ahead of Australia’s Asian Cup opener against Jordan tomorrow.

“The f***ing Wizard of Oz” was the response from Socceroos boss Graham Arnold but Parkhead punters are still sore the talisman wasn’t allowed to work his magic in last week’s Old Firm defeat.

Rogic has blasted five goals against Rangers in recent seasons and was a big miss in Govan as the Light Blues finally ended Celtic’s 12-match unbeaten derby streak.

It will come as no consolation to Hoops fans the Aussie gaffer has backed Rogic to be the star turn of the Asian Cup – especially as the better Australia perform, the longer the key man will be gone.

Arnold said: “I expect Tommy to be nearly player of the series.You saw him today. He’s in great shape

He’s a backyard footballer. He’s an indoor footballer who has become a top footballer and he’s doing great at Celtic.”

Arnold reckons Rogic is a backyard genius but he also believes playing at Celtic has helped make the attacker more streetwise.

The Socceroos gaffer was the 25-year-old’s coach at Central Coast Mariners in the A-League where Rogic’s impressive performances secured him a move to Parkhead.

Arnold believes Rogic has come on leaps and bounds since those days – as well as piling on the pounds.

He said: “Ronny Smith put him through to me from Canberra. When I had him he was growing into his body. He was this tall, skinny guy and a little bit uncoordinated.

“But he’s a beast now, he’s a big boy. You look at the size of him and how quick his feet are – and his skill factor is incredible.

“Tommy’s a player who just plays what he feels. He’s unpredictable.

There’s not many talents that have come through Australia with that type of technique and skill as Tommy. He’s a joy to coach.”

Rogic reckons it’s not just him who has improved in their time apart as he hooked up with an old boss with new ideas.

He said: “Graham was my first manager in professional football and I certainly learned a lot from him.

“Fast forward six years and it’s safe to say he has learned

a lot and become a better manager – and along the way I feel like I have become a better player as well.

“In my role on the pitch there’s always a certain element of freedom but there’s just a little more emphasis placed upon that.”

Celtic fans were tearing their hair out Australia refused to allow Rogic to play against Rangers but was then left out of the Socceroos’ bounce game with Oman.

Arnold insisted it was the Parkhead club who requested their man was given time to recover from a slight hip problem. But there didn’t seem to be any issues when he was strolling around in Thursday’s open training session.

Arnold insisted his star man is relishing the sun on his back and is ready to roll against Jordan tomorrow.

He said: “I think the warmer weather will help him recover as well. You play in Scotland in the freezing cold, the joints seize up a little bit.

“When you give him freedom and confidence and belief, get him smiling and make him happy, he’s going to be great.”

That could mean more bad news for Celtic. The Asian Cup rolls on until February 1 and the Aussies have designs on going all the way in a tournament they won last time around.

Rogic would be ruled out of the Scottish Cup clash with Airdrie plus league games against St Mirren, Hamilton and St Johnstone.

There’s another meeting with the Perth Saints on February 3 that would be potentially be too tight with Hibs at Parkhead four days later the most likely return – if the Hoops playmaker comes through the tournament unscathed.

Arnold’s optimism will have the opposite reaction in Glasgow’s East End.

But the boss said: “The boys all play in big leagues. They play away from home with their clubs in big games.

“We’ve got this wonderful environment, this wonderful team spirit – you’ve seen it in training. You see the camaraderie and the intensity and the energy. When you have that the boys will fight for each other.

“If you look at the last four years and the World Cup qualifiers we finished probably fifth best in Asia.

“It’s totally different – a different group of players, different staff. Everything’s different, you can’t compare it.

19. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This guy have an off switch?

Clearly having a dig the *

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's constant. Even from his talking out of turn about Tam playing for us with knee injections..

It's alright for him to fly around the world to play for him taking them though..

A proper bawbag of a guy. Almost sinister and calculated the way he's gone on..

I know Tam loves playing for his country but after this tournament, we should really get him to pull a taken a knock in injury so won't be going for the next international break. Soz Oz..

Marty McFly likes this.