1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sydneysider

Ive always liked the bloke for his fight and love of the Club and the fans. Even when carrying an injury ( eg hip ) still put in a shift when others hid.

For me Broonie is from the Roy Aitken/ Danny McGrain mould. We need his presence and leadership.

2. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Another thing he’s 33yrs old Davis 33 is signing for THEM and Charlie Adam 33 rumoured to be going to hearts. We need his experience this talk of letting him go is utter stupidity

clonbhoy and celtic#1 like this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Davis is 34..

It’s a difficult one this for me, because it’s clear we are much more dynamic without him now, that’s a fact.. however would love him to stay for the 10 and he could still have a role to play.. but would he settle for a more diminished role? And would BR feel obliged to play him even if it was to the detriment of the team?

Would like to see more of Mulumbu when required.

4. MartinoBianco

...when it was clear we were going to lose that game - why didn’t Brown run up to Morelos and jump two footed into his general knee area?!!??
    Effectively ending any ‘title challenge’ and consigning him to the treatment table and ideally an early retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FranceCelt likes this.
  5. joemc

The biggest worry was the lack of support in that game ,any celts being injured were left isolated when at the start of br tenure a host of players would surround the offender , brown was not long back in the side from a lay off for over a month ,takes longer to get up to fitness and speed the older you get ,so I'm no jumping on the broony legs gone again theory ,wot I will say is he was targeted by every rangers player close enough to stop him dictating play and stopped us building any momentum especially with mcgregor missing in there and rogic who both take up great positions in midfield , crucial we have a player who can offer a physical presence in these games and I would keep him no doupt .

Big Shoes likes this.
  6. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Maybe because Scott Brown is not an animal. However an honest mistakenly timed tackle would have been a shame

Sydneysider and Ewang83 like this.
  7. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

Ok 34 on the 1st of January which makes my point more valid with Brown being 6 months younger. He’s still fit and I’d give him another couple of years no problem followed by a coaching role

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic captain Scott Brown has a decision to make after A-League newcomers Western Melbourne yesterday formalised what is believed to be a lucrative move for the 33-year-old midfielder.

And while sources within the Parkhead side remain confident that Brown will take up the offer that has been put forward to keep him in Glasgow, it is also suggested that the player has offers from the MLS from Minnesota United and Sporting Kansas City to consider.

However, if Brown does decide to end his 11-year association with Celtic it is expected that Australia would be his favoured choice.

Western Melbourne are thought to have made Celtic aware of their pitch for Brown out of courtesy this week, although with the midfielder in the final months of his Parkhead contract he is free to speak to any other interested parties.

And while Celtic have made it clear that Brown will be given time and space as he weighs up what will be the final contract of his playing career, they are optimistic that he will see his long-term future with the Parkhead side.

Celtic have put an offer to Brown that would ultimately lead him from the dressing room into a coaching position but they will allow him now to take his time as he deliberates over what his next step will be.

Brown has not travelled to Australia, although talks are believed to have taken place with Western Melbourne representatives as they make their pitch for a marquee signing ahead of their inaugural season in the A-League.

The Australians are due to kick off their season in October this year and want Brown for a July move which would give him ample time to acclimatise and get a full pre-season under his belt before the campaign gets underway.

With the potential for a three-year playing deal on the table for Brown from Western Melbourne, it is an attractive proposition that the current Celtic skipper will have to mull over.

Brown is due to report to Celtic on Saturday as Brendan Rodgers’ side head out to Dubai for a week of warm weather training ahead of the latter part of the campaign.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Surely it wouldn't end with Arfield doing a Broony to him, * dat.

10. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Boyata can go but we can't let Brown go he's too important to the squad as a whole , only McGregor is capable of coming in a doing a good job as Ntcham has been unreliable and Christie is still trying to establish himself.Rogic is the main man just behind the forwardline.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

12. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

13. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    The plan was bring McGinn in to replace Armstrong last window and potentially be Brown's long term successor.
    Now because of Lawwell we could lose all 3 of them .

14. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Shocked.

Life in the old dog yet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Scott brown has been a great player for us. Fantastic servant but the fact he seems to be in two minds about this move to Australia says a lot I think. If broony still felt top of his game he wouldnt be going anywhere. Love the guy and he has given us fond memories. Hate some players have to get older, I really do but it's the inevitable unfortunately.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think he'll go, and I think he'll be a massive loss.

18. LloydsGamble

I want him to stay, his presence around the place is huge for us even if he's not playing.

19. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Broony needs to leave on a high, would be a disgrace to let him stay for too long and become a burden damaging his reputation I.e. Lustig.

Let him top up his pension in the sun, he deserves it. Keeping him here out of nothing more than loyalty actually isn’t the best thing for him or more importantly us. He’s not the best midfielder at the club, bottom line.

The only issue is no one except Tierney has the balls or leadership we sorely lack without him.

20. Mince.Charming

Just losing him around the club and dressing room will be harder to replace than on the field.

Sydneysider likes this.