1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmccourt95

The more worrying aspect is that rogic has pretty much played all season with a knee injury and hasn’t contributed his usual level because of that, he’ll not get that 2 week rest the others will get and could set him back another couple months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Lecs

* *. Just checked Aussies group and they have Syria, Palestine and Jordan. * 3 countries that have barely got 11 * with all their limbs due to war and terrorism.

Australia could field 11 kangaroos and still win the group at a canter. Geez our Tam back.

3. clonbhoy

I can safely say that I have never met an Australian that wasn't a *.

kyndig, LectersLuncheon and The IRA like this.
  4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:97:

5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I know it's Christmas - the season of good will - but, and I say this in the nicest possible way... go f*ck yourself, lol. :RedFinger

Well, I know it's not quite the same, but you still have me, lol.

Although not sure what the trade off is worth, having big Taz who knows all what happened when Celtic played Accies 100 years ago, compared to hunskelping big Tam at the top of his game... but still. :)

First game is against Jordan... who have beaten Australia twice in the last 4 meetings. Admittedly, both of those were in WC Qualifying, and were in Jordan (2-1 in 2012 & 2-0 in 2015) - Australia won the return legs in both convincingly (4-0 in 2013 and 5-1 in 2016), and qualified for both 2014 and 2018 WC's - but even still, if history has taught anything it is those that fail to learn from the mistakes of the past will be condemned to repeat them. In a one off game, and while it is a neutral venue the conditions will be similiar to what there is in Jordan, then who knows? Perhaps it if wasn't the first game up, and the compared to the other 2, we would have had a better shot at getting the OK to keep him for the game at the weekend.

So, even though if it turns out Rogic is not available for that game (and as much as I would prefer he were available for the match at Ipox on the 29th), have more than enough faith in BR and whichever combination of CalMac, Christie, Ntcham or Brown he goes for, to still be more than enough to deal with the Sevconians.

Now, if it were my choice then that is no choice at all... Celtic any day of the week or year. I'm a Celtic fan first and foremost, always have and always will be... and am sure Rogic would similiarly wish to play at Ipox, but FIFA rules being what they are, it's not in his hands, not in BR's hands, can only hope FFA and Arnold give an allowance here.

Aussie_Dan likes this.
  6. Heb Celt

Merry Xmas :asshole2:

7. Lecs

Aye absolutely. We will do them.

I was just throwing a bit of comedic exaggeration in there.

8. clonbhoy

Merely my experience of the sexist, racist arseholes I have met from that part of the world, which, as I am well aware, makes me dislike of them ironic.
    While I am having a go at them, any chance ye could use full words, ye *.

Actually, I tell a lie! I met a lovely Aboriginal Australian girl one. She * hated Australians too.

The IRA likes this.
  9. leeso-ardoyne

I don't know if it's been already mentioned in this thread but I'm sure there's at least one daft mad Tim on here or Glasgow that would have a drone and went rogic is about to fly out, well ya know the rest. Shut the airport down untill it's impossible for him to make the game over there. Simple tealre

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Aye and we can orchestrate sonic attacks at Ibrokes anaw. Ya mad *.

11. leeso-ardoyne

Hahaha,. Sure why not lol.

It was tounge and cheek ya daft * Yee. We don't even need rogic to hammer these *'s but would be nice to have him .

12. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I know this is the Rogic thread, but you will see a few pages back I was talking about the Mooy situation at Huddersfield as well. Personally I'm no really interested in compo for when players play Internationals or falling out with Australians generally over this as that seems pretty * stupid or slagging off the tournament or anyone that wants to play in it. However could the Australian FA have not given a bit more slack generally. Is this a one off for this tournament or a more long term strategy to play hardball over international call ups ? If the latter is there not the danger they could be forcing players to make decisions about their international future fairly young. Do I really want to go to Europe and give absolutely everything to try and break into this team or do I prioritise playing International football ?

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

The European clubs will also think harder about recruiting from there.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You make an excellent point, because that is kinda how it used to be, way back in the day.

Take for example in the 1980's, the highest profile Australian player was Craig Johnston who was part of that very successful Liverpool team of that era, winning the European Cup in 1984, along with the league 5 times, the FA Cup and 2 League Cups. Despite being approached repeatedly by Australia he always refused. Obviously the standard and reputation of Australia has vastly improved since then, and if Johnston had really wanted to play international football, he could have done so, as he was also approached by Jock Stein to play for Scotland (he was eligible through his dad), but declined that also.

This was indicative and often the case at the time, where those few Australian players of that era that were forging their career in Europe, rarely, if ever - and in Johnston's case, never - represented Australia. The reasoning may have changed (that the FFA potentially making players choose between national duty and club careers) but the last thing I think anyone would want is a return of that type of scenario.

Let's hope it doesn't evolve into that type of situation for guys like Rogic. The guy obviously takes a considerable amount of pride in representing his country, just as he possesses a love for Celtic, which is reciprocated as he is all too well aware of how he is appreciated here, and only earlier this year agreeing to a long term extension of his contract committing his long term future to the Hoops. The club likewise would have appreciated his desire to represent Australia when they were negotiating the contract extension also.

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

The other thing is, the clubs have the player before the national team are interested & invariably continue with them when the national side casts them adrift.
    That shows who is most loyal to the player. :34:

16. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    What's happened to him? Playing absolutely terribly the past few games. Every ball is bouncing off him and he seems 2 steps behind everyone else on the park.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s underperformed this season.

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Even if he was available, i don't know if i'd start him against the huns, poor today..

19. Keano88

He was a big miss today.

Spring Time and Officer Doofy like this.
  20. Lewis Kerr

He’s been off form for a while. Love the guy but think he needs a wee spell out