1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:87:

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Neither were pish..

We're just playing better with both out just now. That's a fact..

Broony will still be here..

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EVERY year, for the Christmas issue of the Celtic View, one Celt chooses some of their favourite songs, and this time around, it’s Hoops boss, Brendan Rodgers, who reveals his top tunes.

Among the songs the manager selected is his No.1 Celtic song, and there are no surprises that he has opted for You’ll Never Walk Alone, as he told this week’s Celtic View.

“This is one I could never leave out because I grew up with this song, and it’s followed me through life and into my football career,” Brendan Rodgers told the View. “It was an important song for me as a young guy growing up, being a Celtic supporter and seeing that being sung with the scarves aloft.

“Then, moving into managing Liverpool, I always felt a real pride when I managed at Anfield, and I heard the song. And then, following that through to now at Celtic Park, where You’ll Never Walk Alone first began for me. “

“So that’s a song and an anthem which has been with me virtually all my life. It’s a special feeling when I hear that song – every game. It gives you such a feeling of pride and responsibility, and it doesn’t change. The scarves are up, the passion is there and it’s an incredible tune. It means so much, the words in it, and the feelings behind it.

“There’s not a point in my life when I can remember not hearing it, so you recognise it from when you’re younger and comes right all the way through with you.”

And the Celtic manager also pointed out that it’s a special song for the rest of the players, as witnessed by the footage of Ryan Christie on the lap of honour following the recent League Cup final, when he scored the winning goal.

The Hoops boss said: “After the League Cup final at Hampden, for example, you could see Ryan Christie had been living for that moment as a Celtic player, and he was enjoying every second of it, holding the cup and singing You’ll Never Walk Alone. He’d probably dreamed of that, and now it was real for him.”

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: "It was important for us to arrive in the last game with it all in our hands. We've put ourself in a great position. We know it's going to be a tough game but we have the chance to show our confidence

BR: "That, combined with our crowd and atmosphere, will hopefully get us a result that takes us into the next stage."

BR: "The support is everything for #CelticFC. It's iconic and gives us a huge advantage when we play at home. That wall of noise gives our team energy and makes it difficult for our opponent."

BR on
    @Leighgriff09
    : "Leigh will be out of football for a little period of time. He's had ongoing issues for a number of months. He's reached a point where it's a struggle for him. We are going to give him all the professional help he needs to get him back in a good place."

BR: "He's a great guy but football and life is tough for him right now. We want to help him with that and we'll let you know when he's back. I'm very close with him. We have a strong relationship but he's had number of issues outside of football."

BR: "The most important thing for managers and coaches is the welfare of players. It's no longer a weakness to talk now. He has all of our support - the team, the staff and the supporters."

BR: "
    @kierantierney1
    is back and available. Nir Bitton played a behind closed doors game yesterday. He's back playing which is great news for us. Dedryck is still unavailable

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Listening to Brendan talking about Griff, i thought he spoke very well, the man is such a class act.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR: First of all, I want to say a huge congratulations to my players. To finish with 9 points is a huge achievement. The best team won tonight. We didn't play well but I'm so happy for the players. To qualify is a great achievement."

BR: "For us to come out on top against a higher ranked team in one of the top European leagues is a big step in the progress of our players. Still a lot to improve but year on year they are getting better and better.

BR: "We didn't play well. It's as simple as that. I was very frustrated. Craig was brilliant in the evening and made some very good saves. He made a mistake and that's ok, sometimes that happens as a keeper.

BR on
    @ryanchristie2
    : "I'm not sure. He was on crutches and we'll see how he is. I don't know the details yet so we'll have to review that

BR: "Everyone looked at the group and thought if we got through that then it would be a magnificent achievement. To finish above a team like Leipzig shows their determination and progression to be in the last 32."

BR on #UELDraw: "It’s really exciting and we’ll look forward to the draw. We are in it which makes us really happy."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we were very naive tonight.. trying to play our expansive domestic game against such top quality opposition didn’t work. It was a real eye-opener tbh, we have being playing our best football since BRs first season really flying domestically and we were simply outclassed tonight. Don’t get me wrong they will be hard to beat in the whole comp but it was a bit deflating to see us bossed that much at home in Europe..

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think we can play our football at this level though.

It's a cliche, but although in the SPL we can just rock up and start spitting out passing combinations, at this level we have to earn the right to play our football and I feel tonight we didn't do that. We have to anticipate more, read second balls better (and sadly in some cases also fight for them a bit more). And you have to be braver on the ball, in giving your teammates options and in the press. They are a better team than us; but they also worked harder than us, read breaking balls better, supported each other's pressing better and earned the right to play.

Too many of our team didn't do that.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, we didn’t turn up..

However, their diamond with their superior players against our 4-1-4-1 left us cruelly exposed.

Random Review likes this.
  15. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We'll never get anywhere against the better European sides unless the manager fundamentally changes his defensive set-up. At present, as far as i can see, against good opposition, what we do is basically zonal-marking in our defensive 3rd and all it seems to lead to is defeat. i often see Celtic players marking fresh air whilst the other side plays unopposed in areas we are not covering. We also drop off and allow the opposition to just come onto us and it simply does not work. Last night Salzburg's CB's and often even their defensive mids were left totally unopposed to saunter forward and ping passes around(in stark contrast to our own who weren't given a moments rest on the ball). Also their RB was given free reign to push on right into our half with rarely a Celtic player near him. This also occurred in the game in Austria. Obviously no lessons were learned. To become a high-class team in modern football you MUST press the ball wherever it is and whichever position has it. English premier league teams(especially the big guns) do it better than anyone and it's one of the main reasons they are currently doing well both in club and international football.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The manager has chosen a very demanding style of play, and he isn't willing to modify it, even in Europe. The only solution as it stands, is him forcing a serious investment into the team. These players could do better if some tactical instructions were changed, but Brendan is so intransigent.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I felt we pressed the ball fairly well against leipzig and was great watch against salzburg like some players shat themselves

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We done it against Leipzig, we’ve done it against City, Anderlecht, Zenit and Bayern.

We need to have more confidence in our own ability.

Random Review likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

And we also need everyone to be an 8/9 on the night, we didn’t have that last night.

Leone Naka Fan and Liam Scales like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member