1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Member since...

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Keano88, Dec 7, 2018.

Discuss Member since... in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Keano88

I was just looking at the date I signed up to the forum and out of interest went to check who we were playing that day/week to see if there was any particular reason I signed up on that day.

D7D149B3-6DCB-42AB-8D81-A89CF84B6833.jpeg

Think that was the game Dylan McGeouch broke his jaw.

Which game or transfer happened on the day/week you signed up?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    packybhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We had just been beat 2 nil off the filth, May 2007.

*, maybe I am a hundercover :fear: that is some 001690 *.

Gyp Rosetti and Keano88 like this.
  5. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

13th Feb 2013 the day after we got beat 3-0 by Juventus :55:

Probably signed up to stick up for Efe :fear:

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Day before i signed we beat Peterhead 3-0 in Scottish Cup with Stokes scoring a hat trick.

Keano88 likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    20th July 2012. Day after we were pumped 4 nil by Ajax in a friendly..

Was eyeing up my victim's a few month's before I joined..

bagforlife, Avatar Daizen and Keano88 like this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    11/2/2013
    Day before we got best by juventus 3-0

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Keano88 likes this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I googled '13th August 2008 Celtic' and the wikipedia page for that season came up. If I remember correctly, I found it through searching 'Celtic forum' on google. We had just beaten St.Mirren 1-0 on the 10th, with Barry Robson scoring.

Keano88 likes this.
  10. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

May 7th 2010

Celtic 2-1 Rangers

Naylor
    Fortune

Keano88 likes this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Last day of the league season 2013/14.

Clearly had enough of being a Utd fan so thought I’d become a Tim

397022DD-DB19-42D8-BB91-AC1652CDC779.jpeg

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

The week leading up to beating Dundee United 1-0 at Tannadice for the title for Tommy Burns in 2008.

Keano88 likes this.
  13. leeso-ardoyne

i joined a day after this :(

Kilmarnock 1 - 0 Celtic

[​IMG]
    On-loan striker Chris Maguire opened the scoring for Kilmarnock

By Martin Conaghan
    [​IMG]
    Robbie Keane's Celtic debut ended in disappointment as Kilmarnock recorded their first win at home against the Glasgow side in nine years.

On-loan Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire opened the scoring seven minutes into the second half after Mehdi Taouil played a neat cutback.

Celtic's new signing Keane was denied by a series of Cammy Bell saves.

Killie denied a string of late chances and claimed three points against Celtic for the first time in 25 outings.

Keane, who made his first start under Celtic manager Tony Mowbray, was joined in the starting 11 by Diomansy Kamara, while the fit-again Glenn Loovens and Lee Naylor were recalled and Scott Brown featured on the bench following his prolonged ankle injury.

Killie handed a debut to new loan signing Chris Maguire, while Tim Clancy made his first appearance since September.

After seven minutes of intense pressure from Celtic, Ki Sung Yong blasted in a powerful free-kick from 25 yards out that Killie keeper Bell turned around the post.

A few minutes later, Liam Kelly tested the Celtic keeper Artur Boruc with a shot from distance that the Polish stopper almost fumbled.

[​IMG]
    Tony Mowbray's side failed to find the net against Kilmarnock
    Kilmarnock seemed unfazed by the early Celtic pressure, although Garry Hay was forced to clear a Kamara header off the line in the 21st minute.

The on-loan Senegal striker then blasted in a driving right-footed shot from the edge of the box two minutes later that inched past Bell's left-hand post.

Keane's first attempt on goal arrived on the half-hour mark, but the Republic of Ireland captain curved the ball towards the outside of the post and Bell helped it out for a corner.

Four minutes later, the on-loan Spurs striker tried his luck with a lob but missed the target then was kept out by Bell with a fine double-save from close range.

Following the break, Kamara sent a glancing header looping over the bar, but the home side broke the deadlock with seven minutes of the second half played when Taouil played a neat cutback inside the Celtic penalty area and Maguire buried the ball past Boruc.

Kilmarnock continued to pile on the pressure and Celtic showed signs of strain, with Aiden McGeady and Landry N'Guemo soon finding their names in the referee's book for a sequence of harsh challenges.

Shortly after the hour mark, Marc-Antoine Fortune pivoted on the six-yard line and made for the Killie goal with Bell making the block, denying the Frenchman the chance to equalise.

Fortune flighted in an inch-perfect cross from the right-hand side that Keane latched on to and fired goal-bound, but Bell came to the rescue and Celtic remained frustrated.

With less than 20 minutes of the match remaining, Conor Sammon squandered an opportunity to set up Kevin Kyle when he blundered a cross-field pass to the big striker and a rare second-half Killie attack fizzled out.

Loovens was unlucky not to reach the target for Celtic with a header from Ki's corner moments later.

The South Korean midfielder volleyed in from a clearance as the minutes ticked away, but his shot shaved the left-hand post.

Jamie Hamill brought out the best in Boruc in the final five minutes as Killie pressed to finish the game, but the Celtic keeper was up to the challenge.

Keane tested Bell at the other end 60 seconds later and seemed certain to score, but the Killie keeper pulled off a fantastic save with his feet.

Substitute Brown leapt above the Killie defence to nod in from six yards, but again Bell was on-hand to deny and Kilmarnock held out for all three points.

Kilmarnock manager Jimmy Calderwood:
    "It's been a long time and it was wonderful.

"Celtic started strongly and Robbie Keane was causing us all sorts of problems and we never really got into the game.

"But we changed it and got a grip on it, but they're so dangerous on the counter-attack.

"Our keeper made a couple of great saves and we didn't make Artur Boruc work too hard, but we got the goal, which was vital and we hung on to win the game.

"I told my players they were playing against a good side and you need to get the breaks, and we're lucky enough that that's how it worked out.

"Cammy Bell was fabulous. Sometimes you feel the script is written, but we changed the script."

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray:
    "It's not the result we wanted. We needed to hit the ground running with the new signings, but it didn't quite happen tonight.

"We didn't put the ball in the net. We had enough of the ball in their final third, but we didn't put the ball way and they defended really well.

"But that's football - we had enough opportunities to win the game, we didn't take them and we lost the game ultimately.

"But you take it on the chin and move on.

"We have a game at the weekend and we keep going.

"We're trying to build a team that can win football matches week in week out and be successful both domestically and in Europe.

"We have enough talent on the pitch to do that."

Keano88 likes this.
  14. Keano88

Classic Mowbray.

15. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

11th September 2010

Celtic 3-0 Mini Huns

• Forrest 28
    • Maloney 44
    • McCourt 90+1

Keano88 likes this.
  16. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

I was a lurker her for years befor i sign up, to get some news and *..but when i got Celtic tv i thought to get in. So i cant really say...all is in a blur

17. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Aug 13th 2017.

2 days prior, we beat Partick Thistle 1-0 with Ntcham scoring the goal.

Probably signed up to express my dissatisfaction at Kundai Benyu’s lack of game time.

Keano88 likes this.
  18. Keano88

9CECB730-096F-49B6-9631-E28693F4EED9.png

Celtic Frost likes this.
  19. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

That i remember, * thanks mate:50: still feels i was here befor that:)

20. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

in my drunk mind now, i though i wa here with Lennon, * no ronny ...lurking can give you disillusions