1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I'm going to say something crazy. A shocking admission. Here goes...

I like Craig Gordon.

Wow. That's a load off.

Tommy25, StPauli1916 and scotsbhoy1 like this.
  2. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Im usually one of his biggest defenders but a keeper getting beat like that when thats the only place the striker can go at that angle is * awful from him

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Badly positioned for that goal.

Tommy25 and Sydneysider like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His kicking is atrocious but it's his lack of a * brain that makes him dangerous. He sees our full backs being marked, or the centre backs in line with the by-line under pressure, so what does he do? Pass them the ball and surrender possession.

* genius, Craig.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's *, a flapper and can't kick..

What's new?

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Everyone can see we need an upgrade in goals apart from the only person that matters.

7. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Does he know we play in green and white hoops most of the time

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Play Bain until the summer..

Gordon should be dropped for trying that shot alone, I mean what the actual *. :56:

Slaw, Peej and Sydneysider like this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He's in the priority position to be replaced for me, before any right or centre back.

But I've been banging that drum for a year.

Peej and CodyBhoy like this.
  10. CodyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ninetoes Finder
    I would like to see bain get a run of games. Gordon might be a better shot stopper but when a key aspect of our tactic is playing it from the back then you can't have Craig Gordon in goals

11. jamiebhoy67

This gordon is a better shot stopper thing is doin ma nut in he is a great shot stopper if the shot is straight at him he doesnt command the air if the shot requires him to.move or go to ground hes no where near it ever this guys kicking is sickening and his decision making is worse the rosenborg game he kept punting long balls to sinclair he most unlikely player to bring a ball out the air in the squad and then last night instead of playing it long to griff or out to benko he thinks to himself im gonna play dodgy balls to a guy whos not having the best of games and whos not played in a while thats a great idea craigybhoy lets do that aw * tht didnt work out lets do it again but harder or at a more mid level body height and give away another 2 throw ins and a corner excellent mate honestly superb * walloper of a guy i question his thinking i really do he infuriates me so much

12. Goggzy60

Why are people claiming it to be a shot. For me it was clear as day fair play passing it back to there keeper because the ref made the wrong choice the same thing happens at throws if a team kick it out due to injury. It was obvious to me none of our players came out of our half when it happened and if it was really going to be a shot someone else would have took it.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Eh?

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Even making the allowance that that was the intention, why the * was our keeper taking that kick in the first place? Ball must have been 3 yards from the center circle with the rest of the team around and he's waltzing up with that effort? One slip/poor kick(not unheard of from Gordon) and we have left a completely open goal.

There was a point also last night where he was tracking back while a counter attack was coming against us and the guy actually turned his back on play!

I (and many others) have banged this drum for years now, but he simply is not good enough. He gets by in a lot of dross SPFL games, but even then he is a * liability. His lack of commanding his area, no communication with the backline is making us look extremely unorganised. He can't collect a ball from a cross, he isn't remotely near agile enough for any shot that isn't directed towards him. Combined with Boyata for 2 seasons he was the biggest culprit of us conceding so much. Boyata has came on to a game and looks good alongside Benkovic, but our biggest problem is still Gordon.

15. Goggzy60

Yeah not a fan of him myself. Seen everywhere people complaining about his shot and couldn't fathom why. Also usually if say we were to kick the ball out from a throw due to injury for example usually the opposition would go back to there keeper who would punt it to ours it seemed obvious that's what happened this time it may have been a decision made by BR to play fair and if so I'm happy with the decision. You see it all the time teams get free kicks and penalties and deliberately miss or don't even try because they shouldn't have won them it is a part of the game I do enjoy.

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He is a good shot stopper. The vast majority of keepers we have had would not have saved that. It was a great shot TBF. Forster or Boruc in their prime might have saved it; but they were great shot stoppers. We have no right to expect that.

His kicking, on the other hand, is clearly not good enough.

Xatraps likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He is not a good shot stopper. He had the least saves in Europe vs shot and goals conceded. That's actual stats. He is past it and the shot stopper myth needs put to bed.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Bollocks mate, he done awful. At that angle you can cover the full goal, he bent early and flopped to the ground leaving far too much space. It should have been saved, he done terribly for it.

19. 67MB

I much prefer having Bain in goals. Gordon's distribution is far too slow. The amount of times he could release the ball and start a counter but instead he holds on to the ball, is criminal.
    Bain, from what I have seen of him, is much quicker at releasing the ball and getting us up the field.

Also, I HATE those lofted kicks he does out to the full backs. And I mean HATE!

20. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It was a cracking shot. Right in the corner. He's never getting it. Chap won't hit a better one all season. All the usual stuff from guys who've never played a 90 mins 11 a side between the sticks.
    I'd be more critical of Griff missing a pen rather than this goal in the context of the 2 points dropped.

Having said that, I'd be playing Bain. Bain is better wtih distribution. Not just accuracy but speed and decision making with the ball, I need to see a lot more of him to comment on overall decision making. Usually even if Gordon makes the right decision and gets the ball where he wants it to be, it's so slow. We do need a new gk.

StPauli1916 and 67MB like this.