1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Motherwell v Celtic, SPL, Wed 5th Dec 19:45 BT Sport

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Dec 2, 2018.

Discuss Motherwell v Celtic, SPL, Wed 5th Dec 19:45 BT Sport in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Great crosser his crosses didn’t get past the first mAn good on wee Christie got 1 real chance in the first team and grabbed it by the baws Hayes gamboa and Henry have had several chances and done absolutely * all

spilie likes this.
  2. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Poor, Poor performance from a makeshift team.

3. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wee Christie was decent, thought KT was our best, he should kick Sincy square in the hawmaws for that fk up when he made that brilliant run.

4. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    disagree.

We totally should have the depth of squad to deal with murderwell. I think saying “these things happen coz we’ve played/got so many games” is a lame excuse and disguising the shocking performance.
    Also, playing more games is a result of being successful. They/we should b used to it. Would u rather we were less successful coz we’ll play less games and therefore “these things” won’t happen?? Utter tosh. Our squad depth is stronger than most first teams in the bottom 6, if not more. So it all points to poor application and management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. strike twice

The most disappointing thing is that we should have had the three points in the bag long before their goal . I hate it when we seem to think the work is complete at 1 - 0 . I'd always be keen to push on at 1 - 0 and try your level best to stretch the lead . The refereeing was once again poor , but we should have been top of the table tonight with the stranglehold we had on the game . We have a chance now on Saturday to regain the winning thread , and it's against Killie , so doubly important .

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We have 1 or 2 games in hand over every team, play Killie at the weekend to go back above them with 2 in hand. They will all drop points over this busy period as well.

I’d rather have European football after christmas than risk fatigued key players against a team of hatchet men with that wee slimy * of a ref in charge.

7. stew37

The best teams on the planet lose games against much smaller teams. See Barca/Real etc. It happens.

These forums go bananas after a result like this lol

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I’d rather have squad players with a bit of fight that look as if there trying to get into the first team than guy like gamboa Henry and Hayes who look quite happy with a pathetic wee cameo appearance
    No saying we shouldn’t rest players, just wish the players that came in put in a decent fighting performance

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Pish game, should have still got the win though, goal should have stood, missing another penalty then that Campbell avoiding a second yellow. Motherwell got out of jail.

Hayes though :90:

Griffiths and Edouard hardly getting a kick, Sinclair as well even when he came on.

10. scootz

Now I'm no expert on baloon-knots (not even my own), but if I had to take a guess on the state of Griffs starfish, then I'd put my money on it being fluff-free (and pretty manky).

I base that on the state of the wee shaggers heid!

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  11. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Never wanted to score v muderwell since the Skippy game , listening to that sick, got worse after the game , is he still a coach there aswell?

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Aye I’m failing to understand why Morgan and Johnston weren’t involved, they have impressed and worked their arses off when given a chance. Gamboa usually actually plays well when given a rare chance but it’s clear lack of game time for him and Hayes make them useless as squad players.

Bringing on Sinclair was a mistake.

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Spicy in here aye.

14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Today agree re Morgan and Johnston,

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    The biggest disappointment about tonight is missing the chance to give the Huns a big GIRFUY after their pathetic celebrations on Sunday

16. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    No saying we can’t lose /draw a game, but the players that were brought in should have been good enough. They weren’t. So that must go down to poor application and management not to poor players.

All the players that came in tonight would have walked straight into muderwell team, so we have squad depth to beat them. We didn’t beat them coz of our application and management by BR allowed that.
    In the second half, we done nothing. We can moan about Benkovics goal and pen miss but we done absolutely hee haw in the second half to re-establish our dominance. Not good enough I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The truth is we still be sitting here laughing at the scum being put back in their boxes by the sheep again and being back at the top of the league so aye pretty gutted

18. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

ntcham looked slow and awkward on the left but i thought the longer the 1st half went on he was getting better, not his position clearly though but his strength out there maybe gives us something else

were back to exactly where we were earlier in the season with brown directing a possession game, teams know how to frustrate us with him playing this role, we need the energy and quick thinking and creativity of mcgregor in that role now, he just moves the ball so much quicker, instinctively and teams cant nullify him in the way the can brown

CookieMonster likes this.
  19. Onefootwonder

Disappointing, but not the end of the world.

It gives other teams continued false hope.

20. john2061

we have seen this movie before with brendan making all those changes to the side and blame him for the points dropped tonight and also that * ref .
    think theres a few players need to move on in january and would include sinclair in that was * shocking tonight and wouldnt take on a man and beat him .