1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Bonobhoy, Aug 7, 2016.

Discuss Honest Mistakes Thread 2016/17 onwards. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

So it is mate, Madden not Beaton.

My apologies.

Sydneysider and McChiellini.. like this.
  2. Mr. Slippyfist

The only circumstantial thing I mentioned that they are cheating. Obviously that's my own opinion, one drawn from years of watching them, but yes there's no concrete evidence they are cheats.

But what I posted about them (with the exception being that I've confused John Beaton with Bobby Madden) is factual.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think it’s important to put in here any clearly wrong decisions we get as well, obviously the penalty on Sunday was never a penalty and not even a free kick.

We’ve had Dallas ref us quite a few games, you can definitely say at times he’s a wee orange biased * but then overall he is an appalling ref and absolutely clueless. Any games I see him in there’s no consistency or control of the game. Another example of a ref who should be nowhere near the top leagues but fast tracked because of his connections.

4. strike twice

Could some of you learned forum members keep tabs on what happens to badly performing refs ? I'd like to think that refs who struggle , and perform poorly time and again . Actually suffer the consequences and get moved to lesser/lower league games . Or get made assistant ref for some games . Some of the refs decisions this season have been brutally bad . And it doesn't help when the appeal process seems like a lottery , or worse , a biased joke .

5. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    They get cup finals

6. Sydneysider

I thought it was a foul and I thought intentional. The strange way the defender dropped with both arms down but close to his body. He was blocking. The only issue for me was location, he dropped just in the pen area but his upper body / arms appeared to be on the line.

Defender was actually sitting in the area in the aftermath, when it was given.

7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It isn't clear if it was intentional or not, we can cut the little sc**** a little slack on that; but it was absolutely clear that it wasn't in the area. It wasn't only that decision, he was laughably bad for a cup final referee. Both managers could legitimately complain about him quite bitterly after the game. Absolutely embarrassing for Scottish football that he has been fast tracked to the top, because he makes Gollum look like Collina TBH.

It must be nice when daddy knows people.

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but the most infuriating decision was when Rogic was pulled up and booked for pulling back an aberdeen player, and subsequently booked, and later Ferguson was pulled up for a clearly more blatant pull and no yellow for him. Either blatant inconsistency, appalling refereeing or cheating. For me it's only the 1st two.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Just taking this in isolation and using it as an example, i would love the referee to be questioned on this, and for him to give an explanation as to why one was a yellow and the other wasn't, because we are seeing this more and more in games.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Ferguson's was that more blatant as well. Rogic's was the slightest of grabs..

It's just like a number of game's where opponent's are allowed to take turns in fouling our player's before being booked, and we make 1 or 2 and go in the book..

Fair enough as mentioned above. Probably should mention decisions that go for us in here, that's fine, but if I could be arsed I'd go back through a lot of our game's this season and bet we could all call an absolute howler that's gone against us..

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Watch it again, it’s clearly outside the box when the ball hits his hand and its not an unnatural position since he’s flung himself down trying to head the ball while running backwards. Not to mention he heads it first, so it barely changes where the ball is going.

12. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Agreed, if you look at our second against Hamilton the other week there it shouldn't of counted- the free kick is inside our box and Benkovic plays the ball to Boyata who is still inside the box. It's one of the most basic rules for the refs to enforce yet he didn't, lucky for Mr Robertson the Hamilton crowd (the whole 200) didn't see it. Surely there should be new refs coming through that would be an improvement over the likes of Collum and Madden.

13. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    This happens week in week out with just about every Scottish whistler regarding a manner of all different types of foul play.

They’re that inconsistent it seems to be like a lottery whether a player is cautioned or not.

They are a joke up here.

Saying that....the fukin rules need to go back to basics ...like in modern society ...some * is sitting behind a desk making the basic rules complicated.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

That is a shocker, peach of a finish and stolen from him.

Sydneysider and The IRA like this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

Sheer incompetency from the ref.

I'm told the sending off along govan way tonight by the referee who just happens to be the brother of norn iron and ex-Rangers player Brian McLean was beyond a joke.

Sydneysider and The IRA like this.
  17. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Disgraceful decision. No foul at any point in that, and what a finish.

The IRA likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Speechless..

This * again..

Perfectly good goal and how that wee fat * in the middle for them stayed on was beyond me. Left Menga on for the headbutt the other week as well..

We should've won that but he's played a blinder * us twice now..

4 points the lanky * has cost us in a matter of week's..

Gabriel and The IRA like this.
  19. DonnyCelt

The refs in this country really are a * embarrassment.

20. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Clancy is definitely one of the worst refs out there, totally incompetent.