1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Sheep greeting about his demeanour and goading players. .

If they spent half as much time trying to play football and no try "do broony " in they might get somewhere.
    The amount of * he puts up with is a joke and he deserves to take the * out of opposition

Gyp Rosetti, StPauli1916 and TESLA like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    bagforlife likes this.
  4. Goggzy60

Should look at moving him to CB from January onwards. Isn't guaranteed a start in Midfield and to important to be on the bench maybe go back 3 with him in the middle of the 3.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's never played at centre back. Would be silly to mess about with the formation just to fit Brown in. If the other midfielders are performing and we're winning then keep it as is, aside from the odd rotation to rest players.

6. Goggzy60

Broony could be a Mascherano type CB. If we lose Boyata in January I'd feel more confident with Broony at CB than the likes of Jozo and Hendry. Brendan has spoke in the past about Broonys future being at CB. After January there's not going to be much we could lose come February we should be starting to build a lead in the league and I would rather start getting Broony use to CB now than in UCL qualifiers.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Mascherano got moved to CB when he was around 26/27. Brown is 33 now. Putting him into a new position at this stage just doesn't make much sense to me.

If we lose Boyata in January then we should be signing a new centre half. Moving Brown there would just be penny pinching.

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. Goggzy60

Brendan has mentioned it in the past about Broony moving to CB so I think it might happen and Broony is quite a dominant player sadly tough tackling CBs are a rare breed now and if we sign a CB I'm January it'll be another young CB and when Boyata goes we need an experienced head at the back especially if Benkovic gets injured or doesn't want to play on the * plastic pitches that we get in Scotland.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Imagine he was unhappy at not playing every game and rejected a new contract and joined the huns... What sort of twisted * up world we would be living in lol.

11. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Of course he still has a big role to play, as does Ntcham.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Good one mate.......

14. Norm Peterson

Was just thinking there for a minute, there's a chance Brown could leave in January so we get a fee for him, as opposed to signing a pre-contract and leaving for nothing.

That would be a * shambles if the board let him do that.

StPauli1916 and Liam Scales like this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Tbf he's earned the right to make whatever decision he wants.

He would have seen how well we''ve done without him and may fancy a new challenge, if his game time is to be more limited.

I hope he stays for 10, but if he wants to try something else then fair play to him.

16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Away tae *! :giggle1:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Your heid..

18. Goggzy60

So where do you see Broony playing in this current 11 either way we lose someone in the team personally I would drop Sinclair and go to a 4-4-2 diamond with Forrest as a free roamer of of Edouard. Edouard always seems to drift to left doing the job Sinclair should be. It's trying to work our leader in to the first 11. When Broony does play he always sits between the 2 CBs anyway and at times is our most defensive player. Mascherano was moved to CB as there was no way he'd start in Barcas midfield.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He wouldn’t be moved to centre half per se, he’d just be dropping deeper as a centre mid. Rodgers stated it was probable literally days into his Celtic managerial career.

It wouldn’t change him much, there’s been plenty games he’s literally almost slotted in beside the centre halves whilst not on the ball or starting attacks.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I get that but for that to be a thing, we'd need to tweak a successful formula. It would essentially be like playing with a back 3 and Tierney and Lustig (or a new right back) playing as wing backs which then shifts Forrest and Sinclair about.

For me, if Brown can't get in the midfield because others are playing at such a high standard...then that's just the way it is. I'm not keen on shuffling the formation/style just to fit him in somewhere. Whatever the case, he'll still be playing regularly.

For years we've all been worried about how we'd get on without Brown in the team. The last few weeks he's been out and we've played great football against tricky opponents and a top side in Leipzig. It's been reassuring.

richardm likes this.