1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotland set to legally recognise third gender

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Nov 24, 2018.

Discuss Scotland set to legally recognise third gender in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

It's more prominent now as the world has at least given the impression its more open and accepting to it.

3rd genders, or any other name for it is hardly new, this is not a new thing, it's happened and been recorded throughout history one of the most famous ones being the hijra of ancient India.

More needs to be done to help these people who feel lost as they struggle to find any fitting identity, making a legal 3rd gender is great start and more needs to be offered in terms of support groups and other inclusive projects

2. celtic warrior

Go take a dump or have a good *, the toxins are playing with your head, absolute conspiracy theory garbage.

Murph-E likes this.
  3. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    There was 2 subjects i was rubbish in at school, it was maths.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Dev from the start of this I was aware that by me saying parents can/should be able to do this that some people may take that on the nose but I don't intend it to come across like that. Neither of my parents worked in finance but they both managed to be able to point out the mistakes they made and the lessons they learned, so expecting parents to do that for these basic things is reasonable imo.
    Now if you want to teach kids how to go about declaring themselves bankrupt with all that entails or teach them the differences between a Public limited company or a sole trader or the merits of a SASS pension over a SIPP pension then yes the schools may need to do that. However, imo, these types of lessons would simply be wasted on the vast majority of kids as none/few will be needed/used in * life. Whereas the things you have brought up are basic that most parents will have come across in their life - tax, savings accounts, self employed/employed, ISA's, Credit cards/debt and the dangers of racking up debt getting a bad credit score etc.
    Now the problem may be that a 'young' Dev was told this information tips/pointers from his Mum & Dad but still went on to land himself in the * but he is as likely to have ignored it from a teacher as well mate.

I was going to reply and address some of your utter ignorance but you are simply not worth the time. So i'll just go with saying what an intolerant * you are.

5. TimFloyd Gold Member

Quite the interesing read over the last few pages, it seems a majority are still failing to grasp the difference between your psychical gender and identity. It also seems a fair few in here with your uni degrees and what not and all the intellectual smarts you certainly do lack in the understanding of human beings and showing compassion to someone who doesn’t have the same mindset as you.

I don’t think anyone is denying that from birth you have male and female, that isn’t what is being spoke about here.

Identity comes in many forms, we all have our own identity that forms who we are through peer groups, the environment we were brought up in, life experiences and so on.

As far as I see it a 3rd gender is just a term for other, most of us agree that you get men who feel/believe they are more female than male and vice versa, it isn’t too hard to draw the line to people who feel like neither.

As someone pointed out earlier the reason this is becoming more prominent is because as society as it stands today is a lot more welcoming than in previous years so it’s easier to be accepted.

Let’s for arguments sake take catholicism, many of you here “identify” as a catholic right? That is part of your identity. Now you have a belief in something that others don’t, is it fair if I try to deny you your right to hold such a belief? Of course not. Do I agree with you belief? No but do i respect your right to hold such a belief? Yes.

And as for you @leeso-ardoyne are you not the fud that said if your son came out as gay you would knock him out? Saying you are open minded and liberal is probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read on here. In fact it’s almost as bad as saying @Aidan O’Shea is welcoming of ethnic people.

If I were to come on here and say if my son came down the stairs and said “Da I’m going to be a catholic” and I said I would knock him out for doing so...what would that make me?

A * sad little bigot and that is all you are and your * loving son would probably knock you out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    TESLA, Marie, CookieMonster and 10 others like this.
  6. Aidan O’Shea

Officer Doofy and TimFloyd like this.
  7. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Governments are supposed to safeguard laws - laws which are based solidly on facts, not mere opinions and identities.

What if someone identifies as a *, a serial killer, a paedophile, a racist? Should we accept them?

Liberal Society has pushed tolerance so far we’ve now become intolerant of some fundamental harsh truths. If someone is born with a * but feels feminine they should be given access to help from the best psychological doctors, they shouldn’t however be told they’re an entirely new type of human and given preferential treatment.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  8. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Aye but at what cost ?

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  9. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yet again going to far outlandish extremes, since when does a trans person pose the same threat to society as a paedophile or a serial killer?

You do realise the diagnostic and satistical manual, published by the American psychiatric association no longer classes it as a disorder? And one of the main treatments to alleviate stress caused by gender dysphoria is helping the individual transition in a multitude of ways to make them feel comfortable in the gender they identify with.

10. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I think this was all that needed to be said, could have saved ourselves 17 pages worth of discussion. :giggle1:

11. leeso-ardoyne

No, i didnt say id knock my son out if he turned gay. I probably said i wouldnt be happy but cant recall ever saying id knock him out. If you think every father should be happy that their son was sucking cockle then your deluded. Its a natural thinking that one wouldnt be. Itll be like getting hit with a stun gun in teh brain but its just now society has shaped peoples opinions now to be ok with it. If it ever did happen, theres * all i could do about it bit i know one thing, i wouldnt be happy and ill tell every * this, even my son. Its who i am, what you see is what you get, the cold hard truth. If one doesnt like it, i dont give a flying * and that goes for any family member. Ive already said my case on my nephew thinking hes a trans kid. Ill tell you one thing, * never cross my door in womens clothes thats for sure and if it upsets him, i couldnt give a flying *. I have my own kids to protect from that *!

12. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

What’s to fear? A kid in a dress? Sounds pretty dangerous. Better lock the doors amd throw away the key.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

All the twenty year olds are sucking * nowadays, your kid is gonna be the odd one out and * at it when he gets to that age

He’s not gonna be happy with you stunting his * sucking progression.

Should be ashamed of yourself

Senna s1979 and Liam Scales like this.
  14. TimFloyd Gold Member

Did say anything about being happy with it? No I’m talking about respecting people and their decisions on what to do with their own body/life.

Yes society has now shaped peoples opinions, is that not a good thing?

Remember black people and what society used to think of them and treat them like?

Protecting your kids from what exactly? A * serial killer rapist paedophile trans person?

Yeah I guess they do need protecting, protected from your prejudice views.

Think you have already been hit on the head with a stun gun....mate.

15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Iggy, Bowie, Lou Reed, Tupac. They're all sucking each other off.

16. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    It’s not an existential threat to society or a physical threat like murder, terrorism. But I used those extreme examples to highlight the inherent flaw with liberal ideals and free speech. Though it’s not ‘fair’ we simply cannot allow society to pander to every minority whim.

Why would it hypothetically be okay to allow a person to change their gender, but not ok for a white man to wear blackface all year round? Can I lower my age if I want and marry a child? I live in Italy and speak Italian (residence and language - 2 huge parts of any identity), surely this grants me right to an EU passport so I can bypass this brexit shambles?

How far do we push the line? Many people who undergo surgery feel heavy regret and want to change back, but this isn’t acknowledged by those who want to pretend there are 50+ genders and we should recognise each one individually, with separate tailored rights.

Should we have a new law, pronoun and toilet for men who became women then became men again? What about those who changed twice, or thrice? Legal terms such as husband and wife, mr and mrs - should we rewrite every legal document in the English lexicon to appease somebody who can’t acknowledge their genitalia? Again, I’m aware this is harsh on people who are truly conflicted, but I’m sorry the law of a society has to be logical and not emotional.

It becomes ridiculous when you start pandering to these bullshit new fads - and make no mistake, they’re a fad in rich western countries. People in real poverty and war zones aren’t worried about what a stranger calls them.

If we want to focus on real gender issues what about equal pay universally for men and women? An end to genital mutilation of both boys and girls. An end to forced marriage of young kids and teens in many countries. Severe penalties (automatic 10+ years in jail) for both rapists and people who lie about rape and sexual assault. Just to name some actual important issues affecting the (two) sexes...

17. TimFloyd Gold Member

Again with the completely Outlandish extreme scenarios :giggle1:

We are talking about the inclusion of a third gender as “other” to encompass people that fall into that category regarding on which gender they identify with.

This debate is about gender identity.

Identity
    How many times does this need to be repeated?

FYI

the universal pay gap between men and woman is complete myth

Edit: I shouldn’t say complete myth but it’s vastly blown out of proportion and has so many variables.

18. Aidan O’Shea

:56:

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

Sad, unfortunate times we live in. I hope all the 3rd gender people are ok. #whogivesafuck