1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Slippyfist

I've agreed that he's been decent/good since his rat-faced antics, but he's not some defensive colossus or anything like that, and he's only playing BETTER than he did before to put himself in the shop window or curry favour with the support incase he doesn't get a move.

An absolute * scumbag of the highest order. Will never EVER utter the *'s name again, and will be delighted to see the back of him WHEN he * off in January (most likely).

PEI#1 likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don’t disagree but it doesn’t change that he’ll be hard to replace, we’ve tried to for years.

Slaw likes this.
  3. Mr. Slippyfist

Ad what I'm saying is that because those who have either tried to replace him or find better to partner him have failed miserably doesn't in any shape of form mean that HE is HARD to replace, not at all.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Given our budget, it’ll absolutely be difficult to replace him. He’s been excellent for long enough.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Eh?

He was bought for £1.5m (or thereabout)and was never worth anywhere near that amount. He was moulded into whatever level he is at now by Rodgers, so how much do YOU think we're going to need to spend to replace squid ink spaghetti nut?

6. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

You're clearly letting your dislike for him cloud your opinion on his ability. Will Boyata be hard to replace? The answer is absolutely. We've signed Jozo, Sviatchenko, Kolo, Hendry and Compper in relatively recent times off the top of my head. Whoever we sign to replace Boyata is going to need to be better than our last five attempts. That's basically the definition of being difficult to replace.

The fact he cost £1.5m or whatever is irrelevant. Dembele cost £500k and he's also going to be hard to replace.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

No mate, I'm old enough in the tooth to be able to both judge someone fairly whilst still thinking they're a *.

You're going on as this * is some sort of defensive demi-*. He's been a below average player/ban average player/good player over his spell as a Celtic player so far.

Benkovic already looks a better player than him, regardless if he's a loanee or not.

Ajer WILL be a better player than this * has ever been at Celtic.

johnboy19 likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'm not saying we couldn't sign someone for £500k and they go on to be better than Boyata. Of course that could happen. But given the number of centre backs we've signed over the last few years who have ultimately not cut it, then I think it'll be difficult to replace him.

He came back into the team at the start of 2017 and he's been solid since. This season he's upped his game again.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

He was as dreadful as the rest of the defence the start of the season, then refused to play.

He's been good since AFTER his act of petulance, but he certainly hasn't "upped" his game this season whatsoever.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The fact that we’ve really struggled to replace him doesn’t mean that it’s difficult to replace? * ye on about Paddy :56:

11. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm saying that this * is replaceable.

The fact that we have signed defenders who have been utterly rubbish (and they weren't even signed to replace him where they?) should detract from that.

We've signed Benkovic - who looks a better player already, albeit on loan, and have Ajer there who could replace him full time no bother.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Benkovic isn’t ours, he can also leave in January, he is far from a replacement. Benkovic is also a £13m player, to get him permanent wouldn’t be an easy task.

I love Ajer but he isn’t a Boyata replacement in my opinion, his qualities suit partnering a Boyata type defender. I also think big physical destroyers are hard to come by.

He is by no means irreplaceable but pretending it’ll be a complete scoosh to replace him is disengenious.

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Benkovic would cost about £20m to take him off Leicester. Again, difficult to replace. Boyata had his dodgy moments in his first year or two here but since Brendan has come in he has been excellent. He hasn't put a foot wrong on the pitch this season. Forget about what he was. The player we have now will be difficult to replace. He started a few games for Belgium at the WC and he's clearly come a long way.

My point is simply this; we are a far better team with Boyata in it than out of it. We will not find it easy finding an affordable centre half to do that for us.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

I know Benkovic isn't ours - as I've clearly stated - but he's a far superior player, one which our scouting department and management have been able to bring into the club. So for all of their faults, it shows they ARE capable of doing something. Albeit a temporary signing, but still.

I'm not saying this * is EASILY replaceable, but I'm saying he is and that shouldn't be an exceptionally hard task to replace him.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I think if we’re needing to get the level of Benkovic in then we’re * mate.

Think you have far more faith in Congerton than me mate.

Slaw likes this.
  16. Mr. Slippyfist

I disagree. We were supposedly scouting him before Leicester started sniffing about. We know fine well we need to start seriously investing in GOOD players. They're out there. We'll be able to afford them.

I have absolutely * all faith in Congerton, but I think the board and management know fine well we're not going to go anywhere with signing the likes of Compper and Jack Hendry, and that the fans won't be accepting that...

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And yet we didn’t buy him, why?

We’ll just need to wait and see man. I’m expecting us to try and replace him with £1.5m/£2m at most and we’ll * struggle.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

I have no idea mate.

As we all know the price doesn't determine the player, but it's time we put some serious investment in, and I think we'll get it.

Think it will be down to the posturing and bellowing from these bellends across the road anaw...

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Because we aren’t willing to invest in a guy like that, that’s my opinion though but I think history shows that.

I agree with you mate, I just have less faith in the board and Congerton to deliver that.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If we had a competent replacement it wouldn't be so bad and desperate but it's the pure fact it's the other end of the spectrum when he's out and we've the donkey Hendry coming in..