1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Barcelona, Paris, Marseille, Brussels, Munich, Berlin, Milan?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Zander, Nov 24, 2018.

Discuss Barcelona, Paris, Marseille, Brussels, Munich, Berlin, Milan? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

If you could go to 2 in February, 3 days each. Which would you pick? Looking for peoples experiences of these places: Food, Culture, Things to do.

Discuss.

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

Only ever been to Barcelona but I’d go Munich or Berlin if it were me.

Germany just seems gid

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Berlin, and Paris is a * dump.

ThisIsGhod and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve been to Barcelona, Paris, Brussels and Munich. I’d recommend Barcelona and Munich out of those. Maybe Paris. Not keen on Brussels. Barca has loads to do and see and should be decent enough weather for the time of year. Munich is better than Paris imo, unless you like the architecture and history of Paris.

I’ve heard good things about Berlin and heard bad things about Marseille. Apparently Milan is decent if you like shopping.

5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I keep hearing that about Paris actually.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

What did you not like about Brussels? I genuinely think I just want to eat chips and waffles

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I've actually be to Barcelona, Paris, Brussells, Munich and Milan and tbh I wouldn't really recommend any of them that much.

They all have decent food obviously, culture Paris has the most sightseeing stuff, things to do I dont think theres anything special except sight seeing. Depends what you want to do, Milan barely has any pubs or nothing though compared to the rest.

Barcelona, Milan and Paris feel very big and busy Munich and Brussells dont.

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

If you were pushed which 2 dod you like best? Where would you recommend outwith those?

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Marseille always wanted to see the Veledrome that's my bucket list stadium and Berlin cause I've heard it's superb

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I was only there for three days but it didn’t seem to have much to do, felt and looked dirty too. Just no-where near what I expected of it. Amsterdam is a million times better to visit imo.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I know you asked ILTC, but I’d highly recommend Budapest and Rome. Budapest has the benefit of being cheaper, but still has a lot to see and do.

Norm Peterson likes this.
  12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye Ive been to Amsterdam a couple of times, as recently as last week. Love it :giggle1:

Callum McGregor likes this.
  13. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Rome is actually an option. The dates we can go the flights to Budapest are a bit inconvenient but its somewhere I'd like to go. What eere your highlights of Rome?

14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I really like Paris. Barcelona is great and a lot more I need to see. I would definitely go Munchen and Berlin. Quieter city and busy city. Milan is only for work and a few sights, nothing special. And no matter what time of the day wherever you are in Milan every * beeps their wee waspish car horns constantly. :triplomur

15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Plan to go pretty soon.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I'd probably say Paris is actually the best, it has the Louvre which I went to with old roman, greek, egyptian stuff and famous paintings like the Mona Lisa. Its easy to get about on public transport as well and it has food places everywhere and park areas and the Eiffel Tower(which tbh I didnt think was anything special though). It has other stuff to do and theres even a Disneyland or whatever near it if you wanted to go.

Milan has much less stuff and is more known for fancy shopping, there probably more pubs on the Gallowgate than there is in the place though lol sight seeing it has the Cathedral in the City center and the Last Supper painting which is great to see.

Barcelona big massive City, to me pretty similar to Paris or Milan but with less big sights and less "nice" looking than Paris, only things I can think of are La Segrada Familia and Nou Camp but it feels nicer than Milan and has more variety it feels like anyway.

Brussels is nice, fancier looking but im not sure on any great sightseeing or things to do.

Munich is the emptiest of the lot, quite small feeling and not a great deal there. Probably similar to something like Newcastle, Glasgow or Manchester but just cleaner.

Id say 1. Paris 2. Barcelona, 3. Brussels, 4. Milan 5. Munich

I have only been to Amsterdam which is my favourite, small and busy, a lot of little things to do and museums etc, Dortmund and Dusseldorf, Dortmund was like Munich but even smaller and more empty seeming and Dusseldorf was probably better than Munich. Zagreb which is pretty small but was quite nice but little to do really.

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Enjoy bud, its amazing

packybhoy likes this.
  18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Youre bored easily arent ya?

Nah, cheers mate, I'll keep this in mind

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Rome is just an explosion of sight seeing and history. I’ve only been once and I was there when Italy won the World Cup, so that was my highlight, watching it there. But you’d struggle to go to Rome and not enjoy it, imo. The colliseum, the Vatican, The trevi fountain, the Spanish steps, Roman forum and so on. Loads to see. Rome is a place everyone should see at least once, I think.

Gyp Rosetti and charlietully like this.
  20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Forgot about Hamburg actually, Hamburg was good also, looked nicer than Dortmund, Dusseldorf or Munich and seemed more things to do and things happening and variety of stuff.

Norm Peterson likes this.