1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Arzani

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by aussiehoops, Jul 25, 2018.

Discuss Daniel Arzani in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Looked a * sore one the way his leg buckled, hopefully just jarred it badly and no ligament damage.

Very tidy on the ball, his change of direction and pace is similar to Paddy but a lot more solid.

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That time when he got clattered into from behind but stayed strong then turned the boy, impressive

JC Anton likes this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Strong and bright on the ball in his wee cameo, can see what type he is but no more than that.

Hopefully not as bad as it looked, he looked in decent enough spirits.

4. Murph-E

@smithiestele
    Huge blow for @Socceroos - I understand early diagnosis is that winger Daniel Arzani has torn his ACL, will be out for most of next year. Story online shortly

No idea if confirmed, hope to * not. Not a windup account or anything though, football correspondent for Sydney Daily Telegraph.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SOCCEROOS young gun Daniel Arzani appears likely to miss January’s Asian Cup amid reports he suffered a serious knee injury in his long-awaited debut for Celtic.
    In a massive blow for the exciting 19-year-old and the Australian national team, Arzani was stretchered off just 20 minutes into his cameo appearance in a Scottish premiership clash with Dundee on Thursday morning (AEDT).

And while Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers was initially positive post-match — saying “it didn’t appear so bad” — the Daily Telegraph’s Tom Smithies reported club medical staff fear Arzani has torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

Such an injury would keep Manchester City signing Arzani out for up to nine months in a devastating blow so early in his European and national team career.

The 19-year-old was brought on as a 56th minute substitute against Dundee, as he was finally afforded an opportunity to make an impact for the first team.

Arzani joined the Celts on a two-year loan deal from City at the beginning of the season, with coach Brendan Rodgers appearing hesitant to throw him in at senior level.

But after a bright start, he was stretchered off after going down off the ball. He had attempted to shift direction quickly and immediately went to ground clutching his knee.

Arzani stood up and attempted to get moving before immediately slumping over onto the turf - the stretcher was then brought out to help him off the ground.

Rodgers appeared to play down the severity of the injury after the game, with scans still needed to confirm just how bad it is.

“He’s [Arzani] a talented boy, just a bit adapting really to our style of football and to our game and he’s settled in very very well,” Rodgers.

Just building up his confidence to come and play, just a bit unfortunate he had to go off. He certainly is happy to take the ball, he has confidence, he’s a Celtic player in terms of, he wants to beat people and wants to be aggressive. So it was nice for him and Lewis Morgan to come into the game. Unfortunately he got injured so we’ll have to see how that is.

“Probably the only guy that’s been able to get on his side and applaud the support. He’s a really really good kid, he’s a super bright boy, he wants to do well for Celtic and we’ll just have to see tomorrow he’s probably going to need a scan on his knee.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...t/news-story/15e0c50e047980ce65951f8f005f6c62

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If it is 9 months then the loan will likely bd cancelled but I doubt any scans have been done so not going to worry yet.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

Hopefully, we will be able to cut our losses if that is the case - * ridiculous.

Keano88 and Callum McGregor like this.
  8. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Looked like a cruciate at the time. * detest that injury. On a bright debut aswell ffs.

9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe the question marks over his fitness and general condition were justified.

Did look decent though particularly liked the way a couple of heavy looking challenges just seemed to bounce off him. I was more impressed with him in that short cameo than I have been with Morgan in all his appearances.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Gutted for him.

Tommy25 and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. Mr Cleansheets

Unmitigated disaster. He was going to rip and tear at the Asian Cup and would have been destroying SPL defences in the second half of the season.

Fingers crossed he's back quickly.

12. cammy07

Feared the worst when he tried to get up and could put absolutely no weight on his leg, really hope for the lad it’s not his ACL.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Has even had a scan yet?

14. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’ve seen boys do their ACL on a pitch and they are in absolute * agony, distraught and literally fearing they will never play football again. They definitely aren’t trying to stand up and put weight on it.

I don’t think it’s as serious as we might suspect.

Could be wrong of course.

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Really ? I've never thought that. Don't think it is.

Lebo and Random Review like this.
  16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Speaking from personal experience, that’s not always the case. I done mine and tried to get up before realising just how bad it was when I tried to put weight on it. The fact he was apparently back on his feet in the dressing room is a huge positive though. Any photos of him leaving last night, ie was he weight bearing or on crutches?

My first fear when he went down was that it was serious (but then I squirm at things like that now :nonono:). I hope it’s not and he makes a quick recovery. He showed a few very positive signs last night.

Marty McFly likes this.
  17. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    * sake, no luck at all.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He left with a brace on, mate showed me his Instagram story of him hobbling upstairs (he joked if he would make it or not) then in what looked like his own bed, unless they stayed at the Malmaison in Dundee after the game too

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If he done his ACL then he'd be on crutches, no walking around 2 minute's later down the tunnel, nah?

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You can still do your ACL without fully knowing at the time though.

A bit like Naismith up at Pittodrie and I think it was that Callum Wilson for Bournemouth.

When the camera was on Arzani and the physio he tried to bend the knee/turn it and Arzani was in * agony which makes me think it could be the ACL. Naismith and Wilson both done there’s and came back on but the next time they tried to turn on that knee it basically explodes.

Even if it’s nots the cruciate the fact it’s his knee is a worry. Hope it was just a bad twist.

Marty McFly likes this.