1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 29, 2018.

Discuss Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Is this about rape or mathematics?:43:

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Depends how many he has raped.

packybhoy, The IRA and Seán Mac D like this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Since when did the frequency of side affects from drugs dictate the rarity of everything else? It doesn’t. One definition from a drugs agency doesn’t mean that everything has to fit their definition. Their definition is for a very specific thing. Absolutely ludicrous to use that as your justification.

However, if you re-read my post, you’ll see that the most reliable data puts it in your chosen definition of rare.

Nope. And as I said, it’s likely lower than 5.9%.

You asked when 6% would be rare, I gave you an instance of it. Another one is that just 6% of people in the UK now work the traditional 9-5 hours from Mon-Fri. Another is that just 6% of businesses have a Brexit plan in place. Despite the fixation on 6%, when it’s likely lower, you have to take that 6% into context when trying to deliberate whether or not it is rare. You can’t blindly say that 6% of anything isn’t rare, that’s just silly.

There are many studies, with a reasonable sample size, that show that a lot of people, especially women, don’t come forward after being raped. There are a lot of reasons as to why this happens, many of them through fear. If everyone reported, the available evidence would push the figure of malicious false accusations even lower.

717 per 10000 is quite a low figure, is that for all types of crimes? If that’s only recorded crimes, rather than crimes we know people get away with, which would make that number far, far higher. There are plenty of people breaking the law every day (even less serious law breaks such as downloading films or speeding) that will never be caught or never be recorded. This ties in with the point where, while crime is common in a city like Glasgow, there is a lot of crime that goes unreported. It’s also a bad example to use, considering how unique rape is.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Waffle & nonsense ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Another case of rape in the courier the day. Guys an animal and quit rightly banged up in jail. An extreme example, she only went to the paper because people still said "he's a nice lad he'd never do that" all over facebook and people never believed her even after he was locked up.

Again Ronaldo is a nice chap... well is he. Lock him up if he's done anything.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

7. celtic warrior

So off topic, if someone had a 6% chance to survive something would it be considered rare that they survive?

I don't even know why I'm asking as arguing over what is considered rare or not is beside the point. if a person can not be believed when they report a rape regardless of how long it takes them to come forward nothing will change.

Because some * abuses it a cries wolf doesn't mean they all do, if someone comes out and accuses someone of being a peado I'm sure they are believed instantly with no regard of whether it's true or not.

With rape it appears a persons sexual history is still the deciding factor on whether they are believed or not. That is just beyond the twilight zone.

But you know the sad truth, it will never change. rape will continue to be a crime that is unacceptably hard to convict for and those who do come forward, unless there is multiple victims will initially be the ones investigated.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Good for her, this is apparently the attitude that nobody has. Despite seeing it in this thread.

Guarenteed a lot of those people cling to their original notion as well because people don’t like being wrong.

9. Mr. Slippyfist

I honestly don't know what half of you bampots are on about.

Bottom line is that rape is wrong, and lying about rape is wrong.

Stigma about rape is wrong and so is trying to exploit people via rape claims is wrong.

The justice system is wrong in regards to rape cases and claims of rape.

The sentencing of rapists and rape victim liars is wrong.

Doogs. likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I don't know and genuinely haven't heard everything about this case but my gut is telling me he isn't a rapist..

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Unless there’s a bunch of football defenders willing to testify otherwise. :84:

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The full fact his lawyers haven’t ripped apart the document they have where he admits she was saying no suggests to me he most likely is.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Are you meaning VERBALLY ripped apart or physically?

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I mean legally ripped apart.

15. celtic warrior

So if we assume this supposed document is true and it does acknowledge she said no but he continued.

How is paying her off not an admission of guilt?.

I no legal guru but it does seem rather strange such a thing would exist, as it sounds like it does him no favours being in existence, unless it was also some weird legal mumbo jumbo that only uber elite lawyers could interpret where it's some sort of grey admission but also the payout is equally a grey admission on retrospectively consenting.

Strange things indeed.

16. TimFloyd Gold Member

So if a signed statement exists with an admission of rape why is he not on trial in the state of Nevada?

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    There is one that exists, so the question then becomes if it’s been forged or not, which if it had you think Ronaldo’s lawyers would be all over.

And * knows, maybe because he settled and paid out?

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :giggle1:

I'd have to see it all mate to make a fair judgement..

I know footballers are quite thick but he'd have to be the thickest ever. Most women find him attractive and would fall over each other to get with him. So we're just at the crucial bit where it was consensual, but then the lassie has put a stop to it during?

I also find it incredible he would sign something like that as well as pay her off. The signing more than actually the payoff would lean towards guilty..

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Takes a while for a trial date to be set, doesn't it? That's if there will be one at all.

20. TimFloyd Gold Member

Don’t * Daihbi me :giggle1: