1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating sites. (Opinions/experiences)

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Vinnie BBQ, Oct 9, 2018.

Discuss Dating sites. (Opinions/experiences) in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Signed up to a dating site first for chatting and maybe later more as I'm 42 now, still * single and tired of being alone while the rest of my mates are all so much further in life.

I know I fall in the category single moms by now and that's fine by me.

I'm * terrified of these sites tbh. :giggle1: but not getting out that much anymore, so it's wort a shot.

Any of you on them or have experience with dating sites or maybe even met the other half on one?

Go on...scare me. :56:

ChrisMoh likes this.
  2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Through all the stereotyping and general outlook on them, they are actually a pretty effective way of finding a match.

I’m in my early 20’s never been on a full dating site, but have used dating apps and it is possible to find someone you can find enjoyment with.

Do come across some amount of * tbh, so don’t settle for anything. Won’t happen overnight, but good luck with finding someone :50:.

Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nothing to be terrified of, there should be no stigma around them in 2018. It’s one of the main ways people begin relationships now.

Relate something to her bio and use a bit of humour, for opening up the conversation.

Vinnie BBQ and Grace like this.
  4. Grace

Never used dating sites/Tinder but two of my good pals met their current girlfriends through OLD. They met a few people before meeting the girls they're with now. No horror stories, a few matches were ideal on paper but when they met in person there was no chemistry but that can happen if you meet someone on a night out so don't let that put you off. Both girls are lovely so not everybody is wanting to Catfish you :giggle1:

There's no stigma or embarrassment about online dating now. I wouldn't rule out doing it in the future but all the guys I've been with I've met just being out on nights out or introduced by friends or been pals of my brother (but he doesn't know about those :fear::giggle1:) I am quite social so I'm always out and meeting new people but if you're not into going out/too busy/not confident it's a good way to meet people, definitely.

Go for it!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Met my wife on one. Been married 11+ years now.

bagforlife and Vinnie BBQ like this.
  6. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Go for it man. Just echoing what others have said, perfectly acceptable in this day and age and also might have to go through a bit of trial and error, as you would if you met someone in a club or were introduced through mutual friends.

Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  7. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    My son 32, met his girlfriend on one a couple of years ago, after a series of failed relationships and one called off wedding. They have just got engaged and planning a wedding next year.

TBH, he has never been or looked happier.

neilly1987 and Vinnie BBQ like this.
  8. pop47

Apply to go on the Undatable's show,they'll sort you out. :50:

celtic.Ghirl and Vinnie BBQ like this.
  9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tide has turned on dating sites. When they first came on the scene people kept quiet about it. Unless you were just looking for a bit of fun it was deemed a bit embarassing.

Nowadays it’s definitely more accepted. People have no issue talking about their Tinder matches and people they have met through it.

I also know couples who met on Match etc and are now happily married. I think it’s a really good thing and helps prevent wasting people’s time if you can count people out for whatever reason you choose.

PS- nothing wrong with the single mums @Vinnie BBQ, au contraire

neilly1987 and Vinnie BBQ like this.
  10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Only ever been on one, so I can only comment on Grindr...sorry, Tinder. Met a long-term girlfriend on it who was a lovely lassie. Only reason it didn't last was coz I was a *. Take the plunge mate.

Lock up yer single maws :party048:

11. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty useless with stuff like this haha. I'm quite decent with talking to women in general, but have no clue what to talk about in a 1st chat session on a dating site. That's a whole new ballgame. :giggle1:

12. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

I know mate. Wouldn't have a problem with it at all, but just pointing out that's where I'm at age wise. :84:

13. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Never really been on them much, but my brother met his wife on a dating site, they’ve been married for 6 years now.

Vinnie BBQ likes this.
  14. Aidan O’Shea

Had a 4 year relationship because of one and was the best thing I ever did as I met my best mate.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

What was his name?

16. Mr. Slippyfist

Sounds like these are the worst thing ever invented, with the amount of poor * ending up getting married cause of them...

Conlon and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  17. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Just be yours...

naw scratch that. Tell them you're hung like a horse and set your profile picture to you standing with a wad of notes 'makin' it rain'

[​IMG]

Grace and Vinnie BBQ like this.
  19. Aidan O’Shea

@Deebo67

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Always had a bad impression of them as well @Vinnie BBQ but recently signed up to a couple of the free versions.

Know a few mates who have used it, one got married two months ago to the girl he met on them.

Willing to give them a try, but my * the amount of fake accounts and weirdos on it is unreal.
    If they aren't fake accounts, they are right up their own *, or considered below par.

Vinnie BBQ likes this.