1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Sep 29, 2018.

Discuss Cristiano Ronaldo accused of rape in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

You are assuming, the 90%, that’s not proven as facts. Do you not think up to 10% is high (reported in one of the other links) for false accusations?

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That’s why I said up to 90%. It could be higher. In India, it’s as high as 99% it cases going unreported, according to https://www.livemint.com/Politics/A...mp&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=googleamp.

This article from The Telegraph - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ort-rape-or-sexual-assault-survey-claims.html - puts it as high as 83% of unreported cases in this country.

The estimated 10% would be a lot lower if more cases were actually reported. In comparison, false accusations really aren’t common at all.

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I See you’re very blinkered minty.

I can’t see a victim yet because nothing is proven. You want us to side with the woman because she alleges she was raped.

4. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    in the glasgow area alone there s alot of cases reported in the digger & news of people walking for rape all the time,either not proven or not guilty verdict.i couldnt tell actaul figures though.how can you actaully know if its a false accusation or just not enough evidence?i mean it can be hard,unless theres *,dna,witnesses etc.suppose it works both ways, guilty guys walking,innocent guys gettin jail etc.

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

If the death penalty was involved would you think 6 innocent out of 100 killed would be a low figure?

6. leeso-ardoyne

To be fair, were all guilty of snap judgements. I know people in power and fame can take advantage or can be guilty of this. I n this case thou, id find it difficult to believe that this women wasnt wanting a taste of ronaldos cockle. This isnt someone whos famous whos a big fat sweaty * like weinstein or a daft looking * like jimmy savelle. This is a poster bhoy where talking about who would have the pick of them. I do understand that there was a comment about her saying no. We will have to see the full statement before we can know exactly what context that no meant. Was it no for doing something other than vaginal * or other. Youd be hard to find anyone on here that has had a no been said to them during * but theyve still carried on. For example, if your having *, try to give it analy to a bird, she says no but yous still carryon having *. There could be a few reasons why that no was said. Maybe he was wanting to tie her up or bring another person into it. Like i said, until we see the full statement, we can only guess. And, as the link says above, she didnt carry herself if one was raped. Who would be giggling and smiling after going through a horrible ordeal. Who knows, he might have raped her. The only people who knows what went on is them 2 but as a snap judgement taking everything into consideration, i think the shes lying! One thing about me, i say it as i see it. I could be wrong but im never one to hold back.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I have literally said I hope Ronaldo is innocent. Your statement is false.

I don’t think anyone’s side should be taken at all.

Liam Scales likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Irrelevant to this discussion.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

because you’re blinkered

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nonsense.

11. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You might as well ask me if I think 6 out of 100 people disliking cupcakes is a high number, such is the irrelevance of your point.

You’re changing the goalposts to try and suit your argument.

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No you’re saying 6% is not a high figure.
    You mention fair trial for the ones that might be falsely accused I showed you innocent people being imprisoned, partly because people are being forced to get the figures down.

You don’t think women who falsely accuse people are part of the rape culture (as you put it). The False accusations hurt the genuine cases tremendously.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    One false accusation is too many, third time I’ve said that.

No matter how you spin it, when you take every bit of information we have into account, 5.9% is a low number in comparison to actual rapes and unreported cases.

You should read that article by The Cut.

I said right at the start, that women who do that are a problem, but it’s a different problem. If there was no rape culture, false accusations would be very unlikely.

15. Onefootwonder

If there is only two people in a room it will be simply be one person's word against the other. It's very difficult to prove one way or another if * is consensual or not and who is lying.

If people are both a bit drunk then it would be normal for both people to get their version of events wrong. However, the clear cut cases are where the rape allegation has come from nowhere.

The example I used above was after the girl was caught out due to her social media and text message communication. The police didn't even forward this as evidence which showed the * was consensual. She was quite clearly lying in court and should have been charged.

I'd also like to see how many allegations are made once the person knows their partner is about to find out they were with someone else.

I've no facts to prove it, but I'd bet many of the allegations and unreported claims of rapes are cover stories for infidelity.

If the stats for rapes is accurate, there is countless rapists on this forum. If you're sitting in a room with your friends and family there is likely to be a rapist in the room.

In fact there is a good chance you've probably raped someone and just not been reported for it. If the stats are true......

ChrisMoh likes this.
  16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It’s 6 out of 100. That’s not low whichever way you try to dress it up.

And what about the ones that got jailed, or are in jail wrongly. They aren’t in your 6% are they?

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    So if you were a betting man, would you think it’s more likely that she is one of the 94% that isn’t lying?

Callum McGregor likes this.
  18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    One fact is for sure Rape is evil,a horrible thing.........................

Another fact is when Women make it up,also an evil thing.

Women that make it up,make it far more difficult for Women who have been raped.

We all know how horrible Men Can Be With Women

But also Women Can Mess With Men's Heads

Real Rape Is Evil,end off

I

ChrisMoh and Spring Time like this.
  19. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I'm not at all convinced by these supposedly low 'false accusation' figures that are provided by these various feminist groups and academics.

For instance how are false accusations accurately determined? Presumably, as these studies allude, the accuser must be found guilty of perjury. But that's a high threshold, and many accusers who make dubious claims during a trial - in which the defendant is subsequently exonerated - are rarely prosecuted for perjury afterwards.

So, if the crime of rape has a low conviction rate, then it must follow that so too does false accusation perjury since it faces precisely the same difficulties in establishing proof beyond reasonable doubt as it is very often one person's word against the other.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  20. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I’m not saying she’s lying I’m not saying she’s telling the truth.

I stated We don’t know who the victim is.
    The accused & the accuser shouldn’t be named.

I can assure you the solicitor isn’t bothered about who the victim is or justice, he just wants a big cut & Ronaldo can possibly provide that.