1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Mon Celtic get the finger oot !!

Random Review likes this.
  2. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He has been waiting on Celtic so that he can be reunited with Clarke next season... :fear:

littlekennie and Murph-E like this.
  3. Ritchiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish/Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Bit spineless then? you make some sort of vieled statement then won't explain when asked

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It hasn’t been for the majority of the time he has been here, when did that change?

5. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'll explain for him, it is quite simple.
    - You have only recently joined.
    - You are talking absolute * which could be misconstrued as you fishing for reactions. I do think you could just have that opinion though.

The reaction has been strong as the frustration levels are through the roof the now.

Free the Adblock likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nothing veiled, you know what you are..

Free the Adblock likes this.
  7. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    How is that being a *? Would short sightedness be a better term? Since Sevco went down I said our board will spend less and less every year because the majority of fans will be content winning a one horse race. The board have no ambition for Europe, they have been particularly penny pinching since Lenny left. They had to bring in Brendan after a bad result and it's been criminal he hasn't got proper backing. After qualifying twice for the CL and money made from transfers we are at the best financial position we have been to take this squad to the next level and the board has lumped us with the likes of Hendry?? Instead of investing 5M in a solid CB let's waste 1.5M in one who isn't worth that. And no we didn't break our transfer record for Edouard. His sell on from his loan to buy was 7M you can't just add 2M onto that. Reports are that it wasn't even 7. I like many others are sick fed up of this board taking us for a ride and all the people blindly happy to keep lining these fat cats pockets without an iota of investment in the squad are part of the problem too, that's why people are wanting to make their voice heard and the board only speaks money. But there's a hotel and standing section I guess

8. jamiebhoy67

Only part of this im going against is the odsonne bit are u saying every single outlet was wrong about us breakin our transfer record to sign him?? U can add it up anyway u want at the end of the day he will cost celtic 9 million regsrdless if its ataggered payments haha

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I share your frustrations and probably would agree on the vast majority of grievances with you I'm just saying it's disrespectful to say that fans "don't have a brain between them" simply because they don't want to boycott.

Action needs to be taken against the way we've been treated this summer, that could be collective or it could be individual. Just as it's your right not to put money in or attend it's someone else's right to voice their displeasure in another way but still want to attend or put their money in.

Let's be respectful and not lose sight of the fact that the vast majority of us share the common goal of changing either the board's strategy or the personnel on that board.

Fighting among each other and implying supporters with different perspectives are brainless isn't likely to help towards achieving that.

10. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I know first hand that the press don't fact check the majority of stories and if you want to know how that industry works, one place prints the story and the rest copy and paste. Celtic would've likely put that out as a bit of good press because they knew fine well they weren't spending a lot this window as like many other windows. I think for a board as shrewd and penny pinching as ours to splash out 9M on a player who had a small bit part last season is suspect. Plus there has been actual reports of it being in the region of 4/5M

11. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Mulumbu deal was more or less done by the sounds of it before we even knew about it,hopefully they have done a few more in that case haha we can all hope.

12. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    He posted a crpytic tweet yesterday "trust in the process"

13. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Only one more day of Tam Selleck's transfer rumours left. Embrace them X

Artorias likes this.
  14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

It is now :50:

Remember that thread that I advised someone re-read what they had posted. It was because this info was included in their post although it didn't stop them claiming he would be getting a bonus. So, this year/last years accounts/going forward Dev.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Source?

17. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    [​IMG]

He removed it sharpish

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    So a year out of his 15 year tenure at Celtic? But that coincides with his basic going up?

I’ve said it before, he constantly goes on about not being able to compete with the EPL when it comes to wages.

Except his.

Gabriel likes this.
  19. jamiebhoy67

Right i agree with you about the copy and paste job but im meaning iv literally hesrd chris sutton and panels talk about celtic smashing a transfer fee for him plus ur premise is about the press not knowing ?? But mate then u cite the press as basis for ur argument of the fee being different im not having a go but it just seems mad to me that a player as good as odsonne would go for anything less than that especially from psg

20. Ritchiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish/Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Very lucid explanation so let me get this straight
    1.Anything i say that you dont agree with is *?
    2.Im new here so the suspicion is because i dont always toe the party line then i must be a troll or even a hun?

ok got it :56: