1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Emilio Izaguirre

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Scottish Celt, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Emilio Izaguirre in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Norm Peterson

Yeah, will have to agree with you on that one tbh.

2. Nicole

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Were you at the livingston game on saturday? If so you would know we do not ‘desperately’ need a LB considering Hayes played perfectly well at RWB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nicole? It’s Papa.. been looking for you since you * off wi ma motor..

Xatraps and Pablo87 like this.
  4. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

:56::56::56::56:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Wee boot that she is...:56:

6. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

For all the youngsters that don't get the joke :50:

StPauli1916 and JC Anton like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EMILIO IZAGUIRRE reckons Kieran Tierney can become the best left-back in the WORLD and he’s back to help him get there.

Fans’ favourite Izzy completed a shock return to the Hoops after signing a one-year deal this week.

The Honduran knows Tierney’s presence at the club means he himself will spend a lot of time in the shadows as far as first-team action goes.

But after watching him grow up in his first spell at the club he insists it would give him as much pleasure to see Tierney reach his full potential as starring in the side himself.

Izaguirre, 32, said: “I have no problem that Kieran is the left-back. Maybe I can get a chance, but it’s no problem.

“I’ve said before that Kieran was my boy. He tried to learn from me and I tried to learn from him.

“I saw him grow up over five years and I’m happy to see him doing well. I want to see him become the best left-back in the world. Of course he can do that.

“He has lots of talent, he just needs to focus and he can do it. I can help him if I can.

“I remember in 2015/16 when he played his first game, I tried to tell him never to stop working hard, to be professional and he could be the best one day.

“He has the talent. I spoke with him and he has always worked hard.

“Football’s about talent but it’s also more important to be professional.

“I am 32 years old but I’ve stayed strong and fit. Look at Scott Brown too, stay fit and be professional and you can keep going.

“Kieran and I kept speaking. He texts me and I text him and we spoke again on Friday. We always stayed positive and I’m happy to see him become one of the best.

“It gives me pride to see him do well. I remember in 2010 when he was very young. He gave me his hand to shake and he was following me.

“I see him now and he looks more physical. Two years ago I told him to go to the gym and to run every day. He did that last season every day after training.”

Izaguirre waved an emotional goodbye to the Hoops at the end of the 2016/17, despite being offered a two-year deal.

Instead he and his family headed for Saudi Arabia as he joined top-flight side Al-Fayha.

Izaguirre watched every Hoops game from his new home in the Middle East and quickly found himself pining for Parkhead.

He might have won 11 medals during his seven-year stay in Glasgow but it was the people as much as the glory he longed for most.

So too did wife Virginia and their two kids Emilio Jnr and Alannah.

Neil Lennon was the boss who signed Izaguirre and he tried to persuade him they should link up together again at Hibs.

But when the Hoops asked if he’d like to return, there was no decision to make.

The lunchtime clash with Hearts is likely to come too soon for him to make his comeback on the pitch.

But Izaguirre is just excited to be back.

He added: “About two weeks ago I was talking with the club. It took me one second to decide!

“I had an opportunity to go to the MLS but at the last moment there was Celtic and I said Celtic. I think it is the best decision.

“I have friends and people whom I love here. The medals are so important but it’s the people at Celtic who are more important for me.

“The love from the fans, the staff, everyone — I’m happy to see them every day. That’s the winner.

“I won 11 medals before but the people are a blessing. I am happy to be back. It is my home.

“Whether I play or not, I am here at Celtic to help the team.

“For me it was difficult after leaving. I had to say goodbye and I missed it a lot. In Saudi I played all 30 games but the football is different.

“The weather is different, the professionalism is different. I signed for Celtic in 2010 and I started to love Celtic.

“Like a fan, I missed the games. Saudi is two hours ahead so I’d watch every game. I never thought I could come back.

“I was surprised. They have given me this opportunity.

“When it was Scott Brown’s testimonial he called me but I was doing something with Honduras.

“I was thinking one day that I would get to come back for a game. I was always positive. I was always thinking about coming back to work or to play.

“* has given me this opportunity to play and I will do the best that I can. My daughter was born here and my son spent seven years here.

“We have so many friends in Glasgow too. My kids missed it a lot and we were thinking about coming back to live here for good. Scotland feels like my home.”

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Think she married Thierry Henry..

Or am I getting my Clio adverts mixed up..:56:

9. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Ad smash it :56:

JC Anton likes this.
  10. Lewis Kerr

How can you read this and not absolutely love him man. So happy he’s back :49:

Clint Eastwood and bagforlife like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Folk moaning like * as normal.

Madness.:56:

StPauli1916 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  12. Jeremie Frimpong

Her name’s Estelle Skornik.

JC Anton likes this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It’s no really..

It’s a bit meh, love his love for us and welcome back.. but it’s uninspired..

14. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I love her.

And welcome back Izzy.

Jeremie Frimpong and JC Anton like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Good to have options

A player who knows the club

Someone coming in as cover for Kieran

Ah * it pointless really.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Competition for places is healthy for every successful squad, Izzy provides cover but not competition.. even players as consistent as KT need to be kept on their toes.

17. Lewis Kerr

I know what you mean but it’s unrealistic to think someone could genuinely compete with Tierney. He’s too good. Martin Montoya wasn’t actual competition for Dani Alves for years, he was an adequate back up, which Izzy is for KT

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Someone coming in as cover for Kieran.

Isn’t that what * kicked up last year about.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Difficult, but not impossible..

If KT was injured for a substantial period, you’d be happy with Izzy in Europe aye?

20. M 67

Auch * gees peace. Hayes is never a defender in a million years