1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New member, silly question.

Discussion in 'Newbies & FAQ' started by Hellasemerald, Aug 2, 2018.

Discuss New member, silly question. in the Newbies & FAQ area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hellasemerald

Hi all,

Being a Celtic fan(not a supporter as I don't attend the matches) and being quarter Greek, next weeks game against AEK(the other team I follow) proved too much to pass on, I also promised my eldest daughter that one day I would take her to Celtic Park to see the "Hoops" play so next weeks game was a no brainer. I've purchased the tickets however I have a silly question to ask.

I know that the Celtic support have a Worldwide reputation for being up there amongst the best and friendliest fans around and was wondering that if my daughter(she's 10yrs) turned up wearing her beloved AEK top would that cause offence to the home support, we are in the Jock Stein stand upper level? Was planning on wearing my own Greek shirt but think that may be pushing things:giggle1:

Thoughts and advice appreciated

ChrisMoh and Bobo_ like this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I can’t imagine it causing too much fuss but you always get arseholes mate, personally wouldn’t advise it. Would most likely be a laugh, but if you get those folk who are bellends around you, especially if AEK are on top and winning it probably wouldn’t be advisable.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Has it got Sammy on the back ?

4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    As said below, i think most people wouldnt bat an eye lid mate, particularly considering shes a child, but you always get bellends and a few might of had a drink so might want to shout some pish. I personally think youd be okay though

5. Nasser

All it takes is one drunk idiot to ruin the trip, Celtic have a great support but like any club we do have the occasional gobby *. I would not risk it, a half & half scarf would be ok though and she would get no grief for that but a shirt I would leave at home personally.

6. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Daughter: yes. You: no.

Our support never fails to amaze me at times and there are more than a few drunken wallopers about on match day. But even still, I can't see anyone having anything other than a laugh or a joke with your 10 year old daughter about wearing her AEK colours. If she wants to wear her shirt and it'll bring a smile to her face, go for it.

Enjoy your trip

ChrisMoh, Gyp Rosetti and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Also depends if you have a jobsworth steward who might refuse you entry

ChrisMoh likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    ^

This.

Don't risk it.

Cena likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You will be absolutely fine mate. If anyone was to say anything to a 10 year old wean I'm sure plenty of Tims will have something to say. It wont happen though. Enjoy.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. Mr. Slippyfist

Just make sure she has an Irish tricolour with her, and you'll be fine.

Enjoy, not the result obviously...

Cena and StPauli1916 like this.
  11. Hellasemerald

Thanks for all the replies, I think we'll just leave it at home, better to be safe than sorry. I did think the greatest risk would be from security/stewards rather than the the fans.

Car parking, whats the likelihood of getting parked on Janesfield St if I was to arrive around half six? If not what's the Forge like I've read things about tickets being issued if staying more than two hours?

ChrisMoh and Cena like this.