1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lack of transfer movement!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Jul 19, 2018.

Discuss Lack of transfer movement! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy87

My concern is we always go into these qualifiers and scrape through with the bare minimum spent, you can say all you want about competitions and all but at the end of the day we should be bringing in a CB as its been a position we have needed to strengthen the past couple of seasons.

We are weaker, Armstrong away Roberts away (was still one of our best players, Musonda added depth to our attacking options, and sorry to say but replacing roberts with morgan and johnson with musonda i would say that makes us weaker). boyata and lustig not in the squad just adds to it so as much as i respect your opinion i totally disagree with it. we should be buying players to get through these qualifiers not wait to see IF we qualify to sign them.

trip2themoon likes this.
  2. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I'm sure the club are too, but it should be done sooner rather than later. The aim should be to have signings available and integrated for the most important games of our season.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It should be done when the Board are happy with the values placed on players and the package they come with. Rushing through a McGinn for £4 million, a topical example, would be foolish.

PEI#1 likes this.
  4. Murph-E

Youth-team signing? Surely doesn't count as one of our summer transfers.

5. oh bhoy

I was reading in disbelief Rodgers comments that there always seems to be an issue with cbs .I don't know if he's taking the * the defence has needed improving since he s got here and toure was the only attempt at it.I may loose my * mind if boyata gets another contract he s one of the worst player ever to have the hoops on his back.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually don't like new players coming into the qualifiers, disrupts the team a bit as they usually don't know how their teams mates play and they don't know how he plays either - especially defenders and midfielders, strikers dont matter so much as the rest of the team do the majority of the play.

Ntcham last season I thought badly disrupted us in the Rosenborg home game as nobody was sure what he was doing and if he was a loose cannon defensively and had to be kept an eye on or if he was going to be creative and they could make runs for him.

7. Murph-E

What a ridiculous statement. So untrue it's scary. Not only is he not one of the worst ever, not only is he not one of the worst in this squad, not only is he not our worst current defender, he's probably one of our highest-valued, highest-rated players who has proven himself with strong performances for club and country on big stages.

FranceCelt and binlardas67 like this.
  8. oh bhoy

what strong performances

9. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I would like a CB, RB, back up LB and No.10/winger brought in.

RB and CB should be our priority but we need to get Gamboa and Compper out the door, we have competition for they places but there isnt a great deal of quality there.

If anything happens to KT we could be in trouble , Miller isn't a LB imo so we should be looking to bring someone in for back up.

Brendan was chasing a Musonda type player since he arrived but the last one didn't work out so I'd imagine we are in the market for another.

I'm not panicking in the slightest but ideally you would like these players in and settled before our most important games of the season which are fast approaching.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Love a good transfer moan thread.

Can we wait until the window ends before we moan.:56:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  11. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm happy for us to bide our time. We do need another centre half, right back and attacking midfielder/winger however.

What unsettles me is the suggestion we are waiting until the English window shuts to see who has been left out their squads. That market down there is ludicrous and everyone is overpriced.

12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Odsonne on a permanent deal, holding onto Dembele and Tierney (hopefully) and tying Rogic down. * perfect :56:

Anything beyond this is a bonus. We're blessed to have the 3 strikers we have now. Brozek, Rasmussen, Nouioui.. ain't easy getting a good striker on a budget.

FranceCelt, Spring Time and ChrisMoh like this.
  13. jvalin

The way I see it, we 'll sign McGinn and one or two defenders. A right back for sure and maybe a centre-half. Ideally, one of them will provide backup to KT as well.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We should've strengthened the team to be able to deal with the qualifiers comfortably.

The IRA and Tommy25 like this.
  15. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I hope we sign some more players outwith McGinn.

I expect we won’t.

16. freitassen

Once we play teams that are not armenian part timers whose top signing is a psycho from the brazilian top tier, the need for a CB will be more evident.

Problem is not the lack of signings, its how we pile up midfielders while we will play Rosenborg with only Ralston as a defensive player in the bench.

17. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

If we sign a cb and a rb along with McGinn I’ll be delighted. Still plenty of time left in the window, people need to calm down and be patient. I’m sure we’re working our hardest behind the scenes to get players in.

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

A quality Centre back and right back should be our main aim after getting McGinn in. No point just buying in a load of players, best to take our time and find players that can fit our system and make the step up.

Sentinel likes this.
  19. Bhoyhood7

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hartson
    I think BR will do his business soon and good. He knows where to strengthen and has the knowledge to decide if you need to bring in some fresh legs or if you can improve them who are there already. Also he knows what is coming through the ranks as you can see his willingness to test academy products.

Btw. What do you think of Howedes? Released from shalke isn't he?

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    With the Euro's coming early every year, as hard as it is, we should try and get our business done in January with 6 month's to bed in..

I think we'll sign
    McGinn
    A right back
    A loan right winger/10/left winger

I think that's what we'll realistically sign with Boyata and Ajer being the main centre halves and Simunovic, Hendry, Lustig, Bitton, Compper and KT all able to fill in..

Unless at least 2 go. We'll just sign the 3 positions above I think..