1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

World Cup Group G Chat

Discussion in 'World Football' started by CheGuevara, May 25, 2018.

Discuss World Cup Group G Chat in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s funny. :56::fear:

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye, moved here 7 year ago. Missus is fae here but originally fae the Philippines.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Just saw Kane’s third goal.

Christ, that must be up there with the pishest hat-trick of all time. 2 penalties and a defelction off his heel.

The IRA and Doogs. like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yasss the boys are bringing the big cup back for all of Britain.

Brexiteers one and all.

Marie likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I hope Panama beat Tunisia let them go home with a win

Marie likes this.
  7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I was hoping Panama beat the brits.

The IRA and Sydneysider like this.
  8. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I’ve unfollowed aboot 15 accounts on Instagram for their England pish. Footballs coming home bla bla bla * up ya * goons.

The IRA and StPauli1916 like this.
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Panama went crazy at scoring a goal when 6-0 down.:giggle1:
    Lingards goal was very good. Panama looked *.

10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    * English going on and on and on and on and on about their * 6-1 win over perhaps the weakest team in the whole event,i just cannot wait until they are dumped out in superb style,they are just a bunch of highly bias * at best!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  11. The Greenman King of kings

The English really do remind me of the huns in these tournaments, the way they bleat on after beating * opposition is nauseating. Wanking over scraping a win against Tunisia who's best player is unwanted at Sunderland and pumping Panama who went mental after scoring a goal despite being 6 down which tells it's own story about what level they're at. I suppose it just makes it even sweeter when they inevitably crash out the minute they come up against someone decent.

They also look very defensively suspect, Maguire and Young especially which I don't think has been mentioned a great deal. They've got away with it up until now only because the teams they've played so far have nothing in the final third (yet both still managed a goal). The Belgians will have a field day against them.

Mark my words any team who has even the slightest ability to defend set pieces and any kind of quality up front will give them a lot of problems.

Rydo1888* and The Prof like this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Hadouken

Bit harsh! We're just enjoying the moment nobody is really expecting us to win the thing we just want to see our team play exciting football and go out swinging! Don't forget that in the last world cup we only scored one goal lol and in the world cup before that we never scored more than 1 goal a game, nobody knew what to expect this tournament so to see that we have a last minute winner in us and the capability to score more than 1 goal a game is progress!

Defensively we're poor I'll admit but as shown already we can cause teams nightmares with our set pieces as well so it's gonna be interesting to see how we fare against one of the big sides, I think we're gonna surprise a few people, can't wait!

14. Bonobhoy

I not got a problem with the English team per say,they are mediocre,England had their proper chance to do something in 96 and 98 but blew it.

The problem i have is the mainstream media,and its very Hun Like,England have played nobody and played nobody getting here either,yet bleat on about how good they are.

When they score 4 or 5 goals past Brazil/Germany/Belgium/Portugal etc then they get the plaudits for it,but scoring 6 against the minnows of the tournament and reacting in this way is embarassing,yes they won i didn't see belgium react in this way or russia when they pumped the Saudi's...they just get on with it.

Today every headline has something to do with that win yesterday,asking the players can you go on and win it now,its just Hun like as i said after playing nobody.If it wasn't rammed down our throats that much about every game and win it wouldn't bother me as much..but that's what we get for living near the home nation i suppose.

I actually cant wait for them to get knocked out,not just for the reason of them not being there but i can actually start to enjoy the games without so much of the bullshit getting flung our way.

Personally i can see them getting to the last 8 but that's it,they play a Germany or Brazil type team so then they get shown up for what they are...just like the huns when they play a falkirk etc then get someone like Hibs that pump them.

Bright side is only another week of them to go.....we can do it.

Close your eyes and think of england old chaps

15. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Couldn't agree more. English team isn't who annoys me its the media and fans. Scrape past Tunisia and beat Panama(amateurs) 6-1 and the think they will win it now. If England get Colombia in the last 16 things could get interesting.

England should worry because we are yet to see the best out of Brazil, France & Germany.

16. The Greenman King of kings

Didn't expect there to be any England fans on here lol. It'd be fair enough if yous were all saying the things that you are but some of the stuff from the English media and folk on Twitter is embarrassing as *. Judging by some of the reactions to the game yesterday you'd have got away with thinking yous had just pumped a team like Germany or Spain. It's the same every time, I'd have thought that your media and fans would know better than to get carried away by now given what's happened in previous tournaments.

Don't think it's fair to make comparisons with the 2014 world cup as you were up against decent opposition compared to what you've played so far this year, the real test to see if you have progressed will be against the bigger teams. Putting bias to one side I still don't think England are that great a side for the reasons I've mentioned, the only real world class player in there is Kane imo.

Set pieces are certainly your strong point and it'll be interesting to see how you do against teams that are better at defending them because Tunisia and Panama were pretty hopeless. We shall see i suppose, still hope yous get pumped though :giggle1:

17. JimMc

Looks like an avid collector of roadkill.
    Bet he only realized his mistake when he offered the ticket collector a folded hedgehog, his ticket is in drawer 8 exhibit 907.

18. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    The English have been the best team to watch in the competition thus far. You can’t blame the supporters and the media for lapping it up. Some of the football has been nothing short of magnificent. Yes they have played poor opposition but people on here have been praising the Belgians who took longer than the English to score against the Panamanians, yet the English were slated for taking 91 minutes to beat the Tunisians. Will the English win the World Cup? I can’t see it happening, and neither can any level headed Englishmen. Have they been the best team in the competition so far? Absolutely no doubt about it.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Slagged Belgium for conceding 2 in a 5-2 win against a side they needed an injury time winner for..

Spain ripping the * out of walking it in..

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member