1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BhoysInGreen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura. Current: Van Dijk/Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry, Willie Maley
    this * sign yet or what

Crilly likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

3. Heb Celt

I know it suits us when buying Odsonne but * me if PSG get away with that whats the point in the rule,its mental?

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  4. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    i dont see the tweet. whats going on?

5. Micky1916RA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Vol Kevin Barry
    Think the tweet has been deleted , what’s going on anyway lads

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just saying PSG only need to sell the guy for €60m now about FFP

7. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Seen on twitter mentioned 4 year deal and he will be No 7. No idea of the fee.

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The number 7 is a * jinx since Larsson.
    Was good knowing you Edouard :(

freederry20 and BR Fenian Army like this.
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Keane did okay with it

10. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    McDonald and Keane done well enough with it. I think our mistake is that we’ve been giving it to * players.

Twisty and Crilly like this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unfortunately @.Zander. and @BR * Army we are burned far too often with the shirt with expected hopefuls.
    McDonald I honestly forgot about, but he switched to it eventually, right? And keane is a fair point.
    But then we have, Miki, jouinhio, ljungberg, the injury to Roberts...

12. Micky1916RA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Vol Kevin Barry
    Magic zurawski

ladbroke8 and Peej like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are optimistic that a permanent deal will be concluded imminently for French striker Odsonne Edouard from PSG.

The Parkhead side have until the 16th June to activate the clause in Edouard’s contract with ongoing negotiations this week between the two parties believed to be fruitful.

Celtic’s cause has been strengthened by the fact that PSG have been told by UEFA’s financial fair play investigation that they need to sell £53m (60m euros) worth of players before the end of this month or else face a penalty for their overspending last year.

European football's governing body introduced FFP 'break-even' rules in 2013, requiring clubs to balance their spending with their revenue. Last season the French giants, owned by the Gulf state of Qatar via its Qatar Sports Investments fund, spent £200m on Brazilian star Neymar while also taking Kylian Mbappe on a loan deal, for which they will pay £167m to Monaco to activate their clause for the player this summer.

However, in order to avoid facing sanctions from UEFA they need to balance their books before the end of this month meaning that there has been a need from PSG’s end to see a swift conclusion to the Edouard deal.

Goncalo Guedes’ sale from PSG to Valencia will make up half of the shortfall – the winger will go to Spain for £31m after a successful loan spell – but the French side still need to make up the remainder between now and 30th June.

That should see Celtic complete their first signing of the summer with the club prepared to break their transfer fee to secure the services of the highly rated French star whom Brendan Rodgers has made no secret of wishing to add to his squad permanently.

Peej likes this.
  14. Jeremie Frimpong

Why are negotiations ongoing if a clause already exists in his contract?

I hope we’re not trying to lowball Paris Saint-Germain because other clubs will be willing to pay what we won’t and more, and he’ll be out of our reach before we know it.

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

The papers are guessing, like me,but
    I would imagine it’s down to the payment methods, it a lump sum, appearance clauses etc. .
    I also reckon it’s personal terms as well with Odsonne.

Relax though Vertie, He’s ours

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  16. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Odsonne Edouard On Brink Of Celtic Record - Breaking Deal
    Paris Saint-Germain and the Scottish champions held more talks on Wednesday.

By Keith Jackson

Celtic are on the brink of smashing their club record fee to sign Odsonne Edouard on a permanent deal.

Record Sport understands an agreement moved closer on Wednesday after the latest round of talks involving the 20-year-old’s representatives and his parent club Paris Saint-Germain

And Parkhead chief executive Peter Lawwell is now more confident than ever of landing his man ahead of Saturday’s deadline, when a host of other interested clubs would be able to enter the bidding.

It’s understood the French striker has told PSG he sees his future in Glasgow, developing under Brendan Rodgers and is not holding out to consider rival offers.

That has left Celtic in the driving seat as the clock ticks down to the June 16 trigger and Lawwell hopes to have a deal concluded before close of play on Friday.

The size of the final fee is still unclear but it is expected to dwarf the £6million Martin O’Neill splashed out on two separate deals for Chris Sutton and John Hartson almost two decades ago.

The length of Edouard’s Celtic contract is also still to be thrashed out but it’s expected the club will want to tie him up on a bumper five-year deal.

The future of Stuart Armstrong, however, looks certain to be away from Celtic Park after the Scotland midfielder confirmed he hopes to clinch a summer move to England.

It’s understood a number of top flight clubs, headed by Southampton, Crystal Palace, Brighton and Fulham have made initial enquiries as they mull over moves for the 26-year-old.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Quoting the record?

:banned:

18. ladbroke8

Glad were doing this now. Anytime he got 3-4 games in a row could see how good he was. Didn't rate him 1st few games

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Although I rate him highly, I'm not 100% sure about breaking our transfer fee for him

20. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Could be down to personal terms. But think this will defo happen and he will be back at paradise end of the week