1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Liam Scales, Jul 1, 2011.

Discuss The Boxing Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Apparently Wilder has accepted Joshua’s terms. Agreed to fight in uk next, with second fight being in USA.
    Mon the Windmill !

2. Mr. Slippyfist

That's david Haye announced his retirement.

Long overdue.

3. Nasser

I think a second fight only happens if AJ loses the first fight. I would be shocked if AJ fights in America anytime soon unless it's against a weak opponent.

4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Surely they’d both insist on rematch clauses though ?
    AJ used to say he couldn’t wait to fight i Vegas and New York, and even courted fighting in Nigeria :giggle1:, now it’s UK only.

I’m glad it’ll be UK if it does happen, means it’s not stupid o’clock.

5. Nasser

AJ holds all the cards, he's the golden ticket. Wilder has a belt and that's it, he has no real pulling power in America. AJ has is great in UK, as he has said recently he has no real reason to fight in America. It's also a risk for AJ because he not going to have the protection in the States he has here. Both are protected somewhat, we saw that where Wilder was hurt against Oritz and the ref gave him lots of time to recover and we saw that in AJ v Parker fight and Takam fight (early stoppage) and Wlad fight where judges had AJ up on points even though he was losing the fight up until the 5th round.

Vegas is notoriously bad for judging and AJ knows that. I hope there is a rematch clause even if AJ wins because I personally think it's a 50/50 but it's a the sort of fight AJ could win in 3 rounds and make it look easy and everyone will say Wilder is * and AJ so great but they could fight again and Wilder could win it easy. It a match up that should have two fights because there is * all in the heavyweight division left for AJ at this moment in time it's weak as *.

6. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

AJ has all the cards aye, I agree. But Wilder still has that ‘something’, it’s the way he winds up AJ and the media and has manipulated the situation. He’s loud and brash as * and due to that, he’s actually in a much stronger negotiating position than he’s entitled to be in. AJ would be well within this rights to demand 75% but we know that won’t happen, it’ll probably be 60-65% in AJ’s favour.

The refs are * everywhere it seems these days tbf, and this is one fight I’d be amazed if it went the distance. Could see AJ outboxing Wilder, comfortably but tiring himself out in the process. Then Wilder gambling later on and landing one of them * windmills and cleaning AJ out.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The Heavyweight division is stronger now than it has been in years. There's narratives all over the place, the biggest one being the lineal Champ on the comeback trail and the 2 knockout artists holding the belts.

Once Fury has had another couple of fights he is right in the mix for a showdown with both.

8. Nasser

I forgot about Fury being back :84:. Fury v AJ is bigger than AJ v Wilder so there is that going for the heavyweight division.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    All 3 match ups are massive fights to be fair..

Then you have the winner of Whyte and Parker who've both had losses to 1 of that trio....but can get back in to mixing it with 1 of those..

10. dowdalshillcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    I think wilder will beat joshua, I think joshua is too ponderous and wilder will smash him

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

See you in a few months David

12. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    He has no credibility left. WWE maybe crow.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2 months and he’s back in Boxing.:56:

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was down there on Saturday night as someone had a few spares they couldn’t use, as far as the Fury fight goes I knew what to expect or roughly and watched much of the undercard as knew the main fight was going to be short and sweet.

The scrapping had been going on all night mainly with stewards with travellers doing their usual storming into the expensive seats routine and not giving 2 * about who had paid for the seats, stealing booze and generally being utter *, the big scrap when the Fury fight was on was when a traveller started touching a burd up and someone stepped in to help her and it all went ballistic, was a nasty * atmosphere all day, some real scumbags fuelled on booze and drugs acting the hard men, many around me were more interested in glaring at their phones all night than showing any interest in boxing.

Don’t need to repeat what’s already been said about Fury and the gradual process of getting back into shape etc, some exciting times ahead in the heavyweight division irrespective of who you think will win the belts

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Canelo and GGG happening ! Sep 15th, be a good fight. Can’t wait for it.

16. Nasser

I think they are still working on it, I hope it is Sept 15th that's my birthday.

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Oscar himself put the 15th on twitter, mate. It’s happening :36:
    Biggest fight in boxing right now for me. Wonder how stupid BJS feels right now though, what a *. Hope he doesn’t go back to old ways. One of my favourite fighters but like Fury he has to stay busy !

richardm likes this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No interested in it..

Guy's a cheating juice head that lost fair and square last time..

19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

:67:
    Now now, don’t be like that. You know fine well when it comes around you’ll be buzzing like the rest of us :67:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member