1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Can’t argue with any of that.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. Ak1

I guess managing a number of players, who normally deliver quality, but reportedly want away (Dembele, Armstrong and Roberts) can't be easy or good for team morale.

May be best for want-a-ways to be replaced ASAP. And grow a hungry side filled with players who are dying to wear hoops

Jordan MacGregor likes this.
  4. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    I know this wasn't aimed at me but my main worry is qualifying for the CL.

I'm worried about it every season but the next one particularly so.

Xatraps and freederry20 like this.
  5. Murph-E

Me too, but that post is very much for Daibhi specifically. I clearly remember him stating he was no longer interested in Celtic in the CL, that only domestic results interested him, and that Mark McGhee was the man he wanted to replace Deila when people suggested Rodgers. Certainly gone quiet in the Rodgers era, and now comes in with a condescending, theinly-veiled criticism of Rodgers. Odd.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    People thought Mark Mcghee was the man? Look at Barnet and see what you think then.
    To be honest while Europe is important winning domestic trophies is more important. Getting a good run in Europe or 10 in a row? Winning a trophy isn't just about Celtic winning it, it is about Rangers not winning it. I know what I want. If the Europa league win didn't mean CL football then we may stand a chance but now teams like Atletico will try and win it.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BR speaking to the media after losing 1-0 to @AberdeenFC on #Magnificen7 Trophy Day: "In the game we looked tired and a bit sluggish. It was our 60th competitive game today, and I thought the team with a greater need to win the game won."

BR: "We didn’t play so well but over the bigger picture of the 38 games we deserved to win it. I said to the players to make sure they celebrate it over the next day or so and then we can get focused for next week.

BR: "Always disappointing when you lose, & the first time I’ve lost here in the league in the two seasons. But you have to put that to one side & look at the bigger picture, & the guys have had an incredible season with the extra scrutiny & expectation on them.

BR: “To go on and win the league was absolutely great and congratulations to Aberdeen as they were in a fight to try and finish second so it was a really good day for them."

BR: “The keeper Joe Lewis made a great save at the back post. As soon as we went 1-0 down, we went to a 3-diamond-3 and got as many attacking players on the pitch as we could. Like we said, we tried everything to try and win the game."

BR on Scott Brown after the skipper was on the receiving end of a bad challenge: “It was a bad tackle. It was late and right on the foot when the ball was well gone so hopefully he’ll be ok.”

8. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Need to improve as a team next season as a continuing downward trend could see our long term goal fall apart quickly.

9. TheHappyLoss

Certain we will

10. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A comparison between the 16/17 & 17/18 SPFL campaigns.

Goals scored
    16/17 - 106
    17/18 - 73

Goals conceded
    16/17 - 25
    17/18 - 25

So we're scoring almost 1 goal less per game, but conceding the same. It's the 1st time we've been under 2 goals/game since the 06/07 season.

To go from being really free scoring last season to such low number this season is a worry.

I suppose the fact is, we struggled with the striker position all season (even from the very first competitive games of the season where we were playing in the qualifiers without one) and that our main creative players last season: Rogic, Roberts, Armstrong all had serious lay offs, and Sinclair - though our top goalscorer and one of top assisters - has been in terrible form in 2018.

And as much as I like Ntcham, and I do, there's something about him and Brown in the middle against SPL sides - particularly at home - that I feel is just less dynamic than when Armstrong played in there.

11. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thought we'd kick on this season but its been a definite regression for a number of reasons. Hopefully we get the hunger again. Important transfer window upcoming. We've played with, in large part, Ronny Deila's players, and this season we got a Ronny Deila kinda season.

12. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Dermot Desmond seems to always respond to the very very distant out-of-sight 'threat' of The Rangers so I really think we'll splash some cash this summer to increase the gap even more. We saw it when we lost in the semi finals in 2016.. went out and got Rodgers. Now with Rangers getting Gerrard, even though it may turn out to be completely inconsequential, I think Desmond will feel a bit of a urgency to spend a bit and improve the squad.

13. Murph-E

We've barely spent a penny, especially compared to our income the last 2 years, so it really is the time to break our spending records and then some.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Need to improve next season. No doubt about it.

A (potential) back to back treble would be some achievement, but we’ve been dross far too many times this season. Not scored anywhere near enough goals considering how much of the ball we see every game.

15. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Does he?

Since he's been our main shareholder - basically our owner - we've had several chances to really lay down a marker and put ourselves out of sight and we haven't taken them. That goes way back to the MON era.

If anything is going to stop 10IAR it will be ourselves. And that's something I live in fear of. Because I know we're renowned for not pulling ahead while in a position of dominance.

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Great post, * :50:
    Think we’ve been lucky that this flat stage has came at a time where we can still catch it in time. Get a few players in for next season, and it’ll be invincible again.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. Dubliner1

What u state above is what's wrong with some of fans. Who cares about those from across the city. It's a BIG football world out there and we as a club and support should be thinking more of doing better in Europe. We don't need to be spending millions on players and a manager to win the SPLF. It's the worse standard of Scottish football in years. We need 4 top players in for next season.

rickyroma25 likes this.
  18. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Yeah I would say he does respond at the very last juncture when it seems (to him) that Celtic's supremacy is in jeopardy. I'm talking about since the new Rangers have joined Scottish football. I'm not giving Desmond praise for this by any means, quite the opposite. He seems to only take action when it occurs to him that we can't just coast on by and be content with winning the SPL unchallenged. It seems to him that our identity and profile as a club is dependent upon being a few tiers above Sevco instead of just being a good football club outright that acquires 1-2 new players of quality each year or two who are capable of competing in Europe. Regardless of whether we make new signings or not, I believe we will retain the core of our team to win the league again next year, but hopefully Dermot feels the fire under his *-- justified or not-- like he did when we lost on those penalties. I'm well aware that Celtic's achilles heel in the modern era has been not building from a position of strength, but I think the delusions on the other side of the city and the media uproar it will continue to cause will force Dermot to act.

19. TheHappyLoss

Signings in Brendan's first season were excellent, second season recruitment has been way poorer in the main

20. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    No way, no how, will Desmond let 10IAR slip.

TheHappyLoss likes this.