1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League 2017/18

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Callum McGregor, May 30, 2017.

Discuss Champions League 2017/18 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The IRA, cidermaster and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
  4. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Well said you cannot go through your * life with endless clean sheets,unless you are a boring *:56:

JML67, Twisty, Keano88 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ss-manchester-united-sevilla-champions-league

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That last paragraph. :giggle1:
    “The general opinion of this team that was once respectable and no longer is has plummeted. It’s an unattractive, fearful team, rich in resources but lamentable in its play,” he added. “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

Callum McGregor and Lilac Wine like this.
  7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Pogba. :giggle2: :party048: :57: :58:

cidermaster likes this.
  8. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Is he good enough to get in Bechin City's first 11,i say no:56:

9. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If I went on holiday and that * showed up at the hotel we'd be hearing hits on an organ alright :47:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The pink oboe :88:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Think Mourinho will find himself in international management sooner rather than later, think his tactics are more suited these days to international football.

12. Aidan O’Shea

Hope Messi rapes Chelsea tonight.

Marty McFly and Keano88 like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hope it's England. If he did go International it would be so funny seeing his squad, probably none of the players in the country's top 20 cause skillful players let their imaginations run away with them and don't follow his less is more philosophy of possession. Probably win the Euros with Greece again.

I think that's his nickname for Ibra. Suspiciously the only player I've heard saying they loved him. Where is the big man anyway? Bad injury?

I'm really nervous about tonight. Unlike the dumb pundits last night I know it's very possible Chelsea could put Barca out because even though they're not having the best season they still have players who could score a couple against any team in the world. That * Willian is too good for Chelsea and is giving me the fear cause he makes chances and goals out of nothing. I mean they're a £bn team, a lot of dangerous players who have nothing to lose as Barca are favourites and the headhunters wouldn't criticise them for getting beat in a stadium very few teams win in. But Alaves wasn't that long ago.

Plus another omen is I heard Messi's Mrs just gave birth a few days ago and everyone is saying he'll be in such a good mood he's going to play brilliant. But I remember him arriving at Celtic Park a few days after the birth of his first son and he had a dummy * down his socks fully expecting to celebrate his son by sucking on it when he scored. But by the time he scored he was sucking his thumb.

The good news is Iniesta is fully fit and in the squad. I would start him, no use trying to play catch up as a sub. Coutino is cup tied obviously? Big test for Dembele maybe. That would be good because he'll be full on trying to make an impression against the Champions of the best league in the world.

Suarez must be dying to pump them too after that disastrous day when Stevie G slipped and the blue wall went up.

The reason I want Barca to win so much is because I quite simple hate Chelsea winning any game. Just something about them, they've always been like wee neds.

Mostly though it's because Barca play much more attractive football and I like watching the CL but I don't watch Chelsea games. Barca are entertaining. That PSG turnaround was incredible. Plus it's Tims vs huns.

Mind you one of the worst weeks in my life was when Alba scored that last kick winner in the nou camp. I was grieving. Our lads played so well that night and we were 2 seconds away from a famous point against the odds. Luckily * is a Tim and we got payback 2 weeks later in Paradise. But aye the only team I like beating Barca is us and the only team I don't like them pumping is when we're in the same Group. Which seems like every year. They love our fans and Celtic Park though. Of course they normally win but it's the atmosphere, possibly the best they've played in a couple have said and Xavi says he's never seen fans cheer on their team with such passion even when getting beaten by a large margin. Most fans have already left after the 4th goal. Mind you we've got the best songbook in football so it's maybe a little bit of an illusion, we just love singing :56::ynwacelti

I really hope they're in the mood but Conte is a clever * and he'll be defensively strong. Plus Pedro and Fabregas know the place well. But if Suarez and Messi et al are clicking no defence is stopping them, maybe ours next season.

Vamos Barca!!! Dar a los putas un bombeo!!!

14. Keano88

15. Keano88

Mon the Barca.

Wee Messi to run riot.

Going to stick a few R-A-B’s on.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  17. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Mourinhos tactics last night made absolutely no sense, starting Fellaini when he’s hardly kicked a ball in months was beyond stupid never mind the the fact he’s dung unless he using his chest but Jose has to take full responsibility for that result.When it’s nil nil in the first leg away from home who the * sets their team out to defend at home in those circumstances and his comments after the game were disgraceful.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  18. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Barcelona 3 - Chelsea 0

Lilac Wine likes this.
  19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jamesy, you can see why he always ends up falling out with players because he must be a cheeky * all the time. He probably wants sacked cause there was a manager who kept doing that and made a fortune in pay offs. Was it him? Or was it the other Portuguese guy?
    Utd have to get rid of him though, look how much money he's wasting and he doesn't give a *!

Oh I hope you're right Paul and Keano, I'll be doing the Broony if that's the score.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  20. youngsweet

Any links for the chelski barca game?