1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite win at the Stade de Bigot

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The IRA, Mar 13, 2018.

Discuss Your favourite win at the Stade de Bigot in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Aidan O’Shea

I used to call them Ran-jerks when I was younger. Not the most sophisticated of humour.

2. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I have a terrible memory, but I've only been to the zoo once when I was still at primary and I have absolutely no memory of the game or the score. It was in the 80s and all I know is we won because a mate managed to score 3 tickets with the Sons of Donegal and I remember the journey there and the journey back, celebrating both ways that's why we must've won. On the way everyone singing the Rebs with pure passion. On the way back we were all laughing and singing again till the bus got stuck in traffic and small items started to hit the windows, then everyone on the bus telling the huns to GIRFUY!!! but then the larger items started hitting the windows untill it was just a barrage of beer botttles and bricks smashing every single window in apart from one. Me and my two mates were on the deck shiteing it a wee bit but still pishing ourselves laughing at the mad * on the bus leaning out the windows giving "come ahead ya *!!!" and I was thinking I don't think that's a good idea cause there were thousands of them. The most vivid memory was a single window at the back hadn't been smashed yet but one of the guys on the bus was taking none of their * and he kicked the window out and jumped out running down the road shouting "* mon then ya *!!! aaaaargghhh!!!!" I thought oh no that poor nutcase is going to get * up, a few other guys jumped out the bus running after him to bring him back. The bus drove away and the last I seen of them was running into a hoard of huns. I thought they were the bravest and most mental guys I'd ever seen in my life. But * me do I remember * all about the game hahaha.

I don't remember if Tommy beat them but if he did that would be high on my list. The early 90s should be wiped from the memory of every Celtic fan who endured it. After Fergus saved us and Tommy managed to get a team together we suddenly started playing beaufitul football, it was amazing. However it was bittersweet because we played full on high speed attacks only to get sucker punched on the counter every * time, especially when Gascoigne and Laudrup arrived. It seemed so unfair, I mean they just sat back and we were passing the ball about beautifully the way the game's meant to be played and Tommy * bless him may he R.I.P refused to change his philosophy. He played the Celtic Way and he might have loved the club more than any other person so there was no way he was changing to a more defensive strategy. I'm extremely proud of him even though it was gutting. I mean losing one game in a season and still getting beat by those *. The next season we even finished 2nd with more points than they won the previous year. How amazing it would have been to see Tommy Burns lift the League Trophy with us playing like that.

I remember Larsson arriving and thinking this guy is good cause I had seen him in the World Cup even though nobody knew who he was and freaked out on his dodgy debut haha. We were all resigned to them getting 10iar and I thought it would be a travesty because it would be no comparison to the 9iar team of Stein and Fallon. That was a great team and Scottish football was of a very high standard then plus we became the best team in Europe, probably the world if it wasn't for fouling tactics of South Americans that was new to us. Stopping them winning 10 was some party, literally hundreds of huddles all over the streets of Glasgow.

Dr Jo might have a claim. He had a terrible start. Who wouldn't when Jock * Brown was bizarrely a Celtic FC employee. However, not only were the shameless media ripping the pish out of the Dr like he was some sort of clown, we were losing a lot of games. Then he signed Lubo and once again the media had a great laugh about the clown signing an old man. Well that old man turned out to be a genius and along with other fine signings the 'clown' arrived at the home of the huns and welcomed like lambs to the slaughter. Well there was a slaughter of cloven hoofed animals that day but it wasn't lambs, it was the more sinister type who like to be soaked in blood up to their necks.

Also, Jansen will always be remembered for signing the King of Kings but the 'clown' is recognised as the footballing intellect who unleashed the genius in Larsson by changing his role to the free flowing playmaker goal scoring footballing extraordinaire. For me Dr Jo will always be remembered for his dignity but mostly the masterstroke of signing Lubo, one of the greatest ever to pull on the Hoops. He left the media looking like a bunch of clowns after demonstrating an intelligence totally foreign to them and their knowledge of the game.

I'm rambling, I would say when MON arrived and we started skelping them properly, it was an amazing turnaround after the 90s so even though I don't remember the first time MON pumped them on their own turf, I remember it being a special time. One of the best eras in our history.

Looking back I think * was looking after us. The depression we suffered, the abuse from the media when they parked a hearse outside Parkhead rejoicing in our imminent liquidation.
    Then Fergus, Tommy, Jansen, Larsson, Venglos, Lubo and MON arrived uncannily at just the right times. We might have went under. They might have won 10. There is definitely a great big Tim in the sky looking down on Paradise like a season ticket holder.

freederry20 and AwesomeCaz like this.
  3. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    *, I'm sorry. I just realised Dr Jo's 5 1 humping of the huns was at Paradise. He still deserves an honourable mention.
    Actually that post is too long, no one will have read it and noticed the error anyway :56:

4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye pal but EBTs took it too another level

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Tapatalk

Callum McGregor likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nothing has changed!

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Must be up there with Hibs doing them in the Cup Final..

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. Jeremie Frimpong

The next one.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Aidan O’Shea

Yeah, with you!!!

#You’veJustBeenAidand

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I read that as #ihaveaids

Murph-E likes this.
  10. Aidan O’Shea

You have aids in your draft team and I’m your PMs x

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Sakes man.

12. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Sammy Sunday for me.

But Sunday there came close.

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm looking at that like a cat looking at a laser pen. * is that!? :confused:

14. Aidan O’Shea

:eek:

15. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Happy New Year to the men in hoops

16. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Sunday is right up there with the 5-1 demolition last season.. hard to choose between them 2.

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    2-1 win with that Mcstay goal.

Was in the main stand with my dad that day...superb.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Main stand?

You've just outed yourself... :banned:

19. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    We had part of the main stand that day.
    You're obviously too young to realise this.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Seán Mac D likes this.
  20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    ENJOY !!!!!!!

it was 88 tho ..... dream was now on !

packybhoy and Senna s1979 like this.