1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

First Time In Celtic Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Hurler32, Feb 23, 2018.

Discuss First Time In Celtic Park in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Hurler32

Similar to Welsh Bhoy bringing my 12 year old son to Ross County game Easter Saturday.
    Flying over early Saturday morning, have booked Stadium Tour for 11 and game then at 3. Not flying back until Sunday evening, couple of questions for locals....is there much other stuff Saturday evening a father & young son could go for on Saturday evening?
    Seeing as the Sunday is Easter Sunday might go to St Andrews Catholic Cathedral for mass any opinions?
    Finally a mate said i wont be allowed in any pubs in Glasgow even near ground with a child??..is this correct?

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    You might get in the Squirrel otherwise go somewhere that serves food

Hurler32 likes this.
  3. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Majority of pubs won't allow kids in but pre-match you'll get into Kerrydale Bar at the stadium no problem. Just need to show your match ticket. Other place that will allow you in with kids is the Celtic Supporters Club on London Road - a five minute walk from stadium. That's also where you'll find the Green Brigade. CSC might allow kids in after the match but probably only until a set time.

Brazen Head at Gorbals is also usually ok for kids pre-match but no idea about after or at night.

For rest of the Saturday night you'll struggle to find anywhere that will let kids in mate so may have to settle for the cinema or somewhere you can go to eat and they have a drinks licence.

Hurler32 likes this.
  4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The hotel might have other Celtic fans staying, so you could get a few drinks in the hotel bar with them (later on) and the bairn can either stay in his room or make sure his old man gets up the stairs and finds his room at 'home time' :giggle1:

jake10 and Hurler32 like this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If your son likes bowling, take him to the Quay for a game.

Hurler32 likes this.
  6. leeso-ardoyne

Agree with Lion, youll get kids in the brazen head before the games. Theres a place on London road just down from the ground before the lights that you might get in with a kid but its right beside bridgeton so be careful about there.

Hurler32 likes this.
  7. mattyboy96

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Get there fifteen minutes early for a seat!

I attend St. Aloysius' Parish Church which is an alternative option for Mass in the city centre.

Both buildings are stunning if grand architecture is your thing.

jake10 and Hurler32 like this.
  8. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    this is the very reason i've been feeding my 18 year old bhoy all these years, i've also helped him with driving lessons so he can taxi me back from pubs

cidermaster likes this.
  9. Hurler32

Thanks for all the replies. Might chance Celtic Supporters club on London road for pre Game drink..
    Mattyboy I like the look of St Aloysius for Mass Easter Sunday but it seems a big haul from the raddisson Blu where im staying, St Andrews appears near Celtic Park, might do the Vigil mass Saturday evening after game altogether( better go easy on London road before game so!)

10. Hurler32

Landed in Glasgow early Saturday morning , bus 500 into city centre 12 quid return . Dropped bag in Raddison where we were staying . After a brekkie in a cafe made our way to Celtic park for 1030 , did stadium tour with a very jolly Brian a jovial guide . Finished at 12 so headed down to London road club and had a few decent pints with good lively rebel band playing upstairs .
    Was in jock stein stand for match , good view etc but very flat athmosphere there compared to the green brigade at the other end .Good win and walked into town with the crowd , grabbed a bite with the young lad and had a early night .Went up to Albert Hall to Irish dancing worlds the following morning , bought some tshirts for daughter who dances at home , impressive set up at this . Got bus out to airport around noon so no time for much else .. enjoyed my trip , will be back