1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JML67, Dec 26, 2017.

Discuss Celtic v The Manky Mob, 12:00 Sat 30th Dec, Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'll admit he's not on his best form. Maybe he's looking at the team sheet wondering where Ntcham is because they would get the best of each other.
    I'll always stick by McGregor because he's got great feet and brilliant vision with creative forwards. I don't know why he was hitting crazy long shots cause his forte is getting into the box and either setting up a player or calmly picking a corner to place the ball.
    But Ntcham was the mistake that messed up the game. Don't care who he replaced, he's a top quality attacking midfielder. Broony loves him.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56: sake Taz!

3. Heb Celt

Ive got a couple of tops and other superstitions i don't do/wear on match day,never broke any of them today so its entirely your fault Taz:giggle1:

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Ntcham should have played who knows why he didn't start, McGregor frustrates me, I want him to take the game by the scruff, I thought that about mcstay when he was younger as well that he was a bit timid on the park at times, what a player mcgreggor would be if he imposed himself more on the game

Lilac Wine and Artorias like this.
  5. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I would say more they out fought us. I'm my opinion we had two absolute should be a goal chances and they had three. The game should have been over at 2 nil for us at half time. We could have had more good chances had mcgregor not went for glory on a couple of occasions. I was thinking they will come out all guns blazing after Rodgers has a word. They're best asset in the game was the dire passing by and mistakes by us.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Two runs of th
    Two runs of the gauntlet and all will be forgiven

7. Bobo Sylla

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moussa Dembele
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Disgusting performance.

Failing to beat a Murty-managed Sevco twice at Celtic Park in the past 9 months, especially when they had 4 of their best players out, is a disgrace.

rkid and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  8. Al Bootyerbaws

Don't know what was more embarrassing about yesterday - our performance or those hun * wanking themselves into a coma for getting a 0-0 draw at parkhead. We were * but this tribute act mob are a joke.

Lilac Wine and neilly1987 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Did somebody win a cup the day?

Orange * know your steps.

We won the league. At Celtic Park. Naw ye didnae ta filthyou rodent scum *..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Incredible how bad we were. So nervous and looked like a totally different team. They still couldn’t beat us but I couldn’t believe my eyes yesterday at how bad we were all over the park.

11. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well that was painful. Hopefully a good few players have had a right good boot in the hole, I'm just wondering who booted BR's hole.

12. joemc

Think there has been major exagerations from both sets of fans here ,(its not like us ) we were not embarassing ,we played ok and created many chances especially in the first half ,they done exactly wot hearts did without scoring ,they ran themselves into the ground pressing and were physical ,we probably didnt match their desire to not lose ,there is now a hun media attempt to devalue dembele in this window because he is strugling for form just now ,but he takes time after injury to get this back as has been shown before .

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Not beating that * was very disappointing.

Not putting in a performance in the second half is more disappointing and more worrying. I know last year went beyond all expectation and it's very difficult to replicate that, however we have been playing poor for a number of weeks now, if not months. When is it goin to change?

Blaming fatigue is pish as BR often rotates his squad. Playin his "favourites" or people out of form or the wrong tactics depending on how the game develops is BRs responsibility. And if it fails, he is accountable. He needs to get out of his tunnel vision and change his approach at times. Also, why was he not abale to motivate our players in the second half? What had changed coz we bossed the first half. Hindsight is a wonderfully thing, but too many times this season, desire, effort and performances have just not been there. That's the managers responsibility. We are being bullied too much by lesser teams.

Don't really care how the SMSM dress up this result as we have all seen the Hun horde celebrate a 0-0 win at CP, Murty is a genius taglines and fantasise that the gap is non-existent. But we all know the truth.

My only issue is at my own team and we need investment if we are to progress and for the manager to show his credentials and get us out of this funk.

14. celtic warrior

The problem we have is that most of our fans are expecting nothing less that got us to going towards the 69 games unbeaten, it's just no possible to keep that up and this team is blatently running on empty and you can see that in the fact in the increasing injuries we've had over this season.

But the thing is there is till something that can be said by the fact we are so far out of form but still 8-11 points clear of our nearest rivals, but it just goes to show, with the right investment and a decent break the players should be rested well enough but the new year is going to be even more challenging depending on if we get past Zenit.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You're being naive if you think fatigue hasn't impacted our performances. The players barely had an off season and had to maintain their relentless momentum. Rotation or not, it'll still have an effect.

Lilac Wine and Artorias like this.
  16. Pogues

They set out their stall to stop us playing our football and turn it into a physical battle, which they succeeded in doing particularly in the 2nd half. They dragged us into a frantic game where it was difficult for us to get our passing game going so you have to credit them for that.

However their standard of playing football was dire, as we knew it would be. They fed off our mistakes and their chances all came from crosses from our left where tavernier and candeias were their only threat.

There's no doubt tiredness was an issue and probably the players were a bit taken aback by how physical sevco were as they hadn't shown they were capable of that this season, but we won't be caught out the next time.

17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    [​IMG]

There ye go !! open top bus parade at 2pm in Govan today

18. Cmcgregor90

We did make them look good our second half was nothing like our firet our first half was actually fine nothing special but better than the huns second half minus we where giving ten yard passes away in the first 10 15 mins but thats nothing out the unusual this season they took one chance out our mistakes

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They absolutely wanted it more than us. Were more up for the fight and won some many 50/50's..

The amount of times 1 of our player's would be surrounded and hassled by 2 or 3 of them was clearly evident..

We should've still won the game but to be honest we've got zero complaints this time. If we showed their intensity we'd of strolled that. They missed a couple of chances but how many sitter's did we pass up?

Pretty sickening display all in as they are total *..

We really do need the winter break and some serious investment in this team..

20. Cmcgregor90

Some huns would prefer the 4 stayed away and the guys on it yesterday got more of a chance and not just based on yesterday

Id rather washouts like alves jack etc where in the team