1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James McClean:

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Henrik 07, Dec 14, 2017.

Discuss James McClean: in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Sometimes mere effort isn't enough tho..

2. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Why do people think we're above a player like McClean, there's honestly an argument to be made that he'd have been of far more use in the games vs Bayern and PSG than Sinclair was. I mean this is the same guy who put in match winning performances away to Austria and Wales for Ireland. And he's more than just effort too, his pace is great, he's physically strong and has proven to be both a goal threat and a guy who sets up goals too. He tracks back excellently so would help out young Tierney a lot.

3. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Folk saying “you only want him cause he’s a Celtic fan” Him being a Celtic fan would probably make him a better player. Look at his performances for Ireland compared to West Brom.

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For what it’s worth, a lot of people said similar about Sinclair when we were linked with him.

He was coming from a horrendous Aston Villa side who were pumped weekly in the Premier League and had done the square root of * all in his career for a number of years. I admit I wasn’t overly excited about the signing myself.

I don’t think McClean is as good as Sinclair, but I think some of our fans are a bit quick to turn their noses down at players who have racked up appearances in the Premier League.. as much as it is overhyped to * at times it is still one of the best leagues in the world and it takes being a decent player to make a living in it.

5. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I'm sure there's some. One's who don't agree with it and many who just want us to not be offensive. I believe that might be even a couple who given to equals would rather the non Irish option. There still seems to be an underlying dislike for Lenny among a small minority of our supporters

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You can't just dismiss his club form tho.. I can see how he's flourished under MON, I guess the key would be would BR want him.

7. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I was thinking along those lines myself however my thoughts were Sinclair was valued less and was easily within our price range while many wonder if we can afford McClean. Yet many here are rating him as a player who could not lace Sinclairs boots.

I think James would rip the other SPFL teams apart

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mate that's pish in all honesty, are you saying that some Celtic fans are anti-Irish?

Dislike for Lenny? If you are talking about on here most have been outed as Huns and banned..:56:

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  9. Martin_CFC

Think he would be a great option if either Hayes or Roberts leave at the end of the season. The guy has a proven pedigree at international level and as others have said, the fact he would be playing in a poorer league with better players around him could help him develop into a key player for us. Clearly loves Celtic and if he is willing to take a drop in wages to fulfill his dream, I’m struggling to find a catch.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  10. Darnok

If you don't understand what is being said or insinuated, you should probably just ask. That's twice in a week you haven't got it.

11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    To be fair the only thing I have gotten from your posts on this forum is that you’re a massive *.

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Not that I have experienced in the real world but there are certainly a few on here who if you read between the lines would like to distance Celtic from Ireland and all things Irish.

There are also a few current posters on here show joy at anything negative regarding Lenny.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His club form has been poor tho with what three goals in two seasons and about the same amount of assists..

Probably would still turn it on domestically here, but he would probably cost a fair amount in transfer fee and wages. If we could get him on free this time next season then maybe..

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Just trolls or Huns mate, I've never met a Celtic fan that didn't like Lenny..

Seán Mac D and Gabriel like this.
  15. Darnok

Good, you're doing much better now.

Saul Goodman likes this.
  16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :56:

18. Darnok

Yeah, I love Lenny. I hated the football he had us playing towards the end of his tenure, but he did a good job overall and brought in some really good players. I don't think he is good enough yet to take us to where we want to be, but he is doing well at Hibs and that is his level right now for me. That said I don't think you really wanted to hear all that, so what was your actual reason in asking?

19. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If the price was right i would take him dont give a * about players political stances or views he would walk it in the spl

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That’s the equivalent of asking a hun if he likes his maw/sister.