1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bitcoin

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by joemc, Oct 9, 2017.

Discuss Bitcoin in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Anyone invested in crypto currency ,any knowledge on this ?
    Looks a good solid investment .
    Thoughts welcome .

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Think the Bitcoin ship has long sailed, personally.

Been nice to have gotten in around Q3/Q4 2016. Def wouldn't have it in the 'good solid investment' category. You can't convince me otherwise at it's current price

Plenty of differing views on whether crypto currency is a bubble or not. I'd have a good read around and do some research before taking the leap! Plenty of Bitcoin alternatives out there, maybe worth looking at some of those. Some a lot more volatile than others.

3. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

If you had bought them last year, you would be laughing all the way to the bank, they have levelled off a bit now.

4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

* this,too complicated for me.

Markybhoy likes this.
  5. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Don't think its levelled off at all, its been going up in value massively.

There's been a couple of wee dips, but its due to have a massive crash at some point.

Best waiting for that before you buy any otherwise you'll be looking to pay a few grand apiece for them.

6. ynwa1987

Got involved about 2 months ago after someone else started a thread and did pretty well on other cryptos . Got Neo , omisego and Walton at very cheap prices.

Market is only going to go up long term imo but most cryptos will fail . For that reason I like to put some profits into btc because even though your potential returns with other cryptos is bigger btc for now is the safest investment.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

When someone shows me a Joe Bloggs that has dabbled in it and has more actual GBP in their bank than they did when they started which is even comparable to other methods of saving or investment I’ll look at it.

Up to now all I see is high risk, low yield.

8. Markybhoy

Haha same here. Don't understand the whole bitcoin thing at all.

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  10. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Pretty important programme on BBC2 now about the disappearance of cash over the next 20 years. Vodafone have overtaken banking system in Kenya. Mobile phone and pin transfers credits.

11. The Greenman King of kings

Been thinking about getting involved in this but not too sure how it all works.

12. joemc

I have dabbled a wee bit going in at 700 ,but as I was new it would only allow me 100 pound buy per transaction .
    I have almost half of 1 bitcoin ,it's cost me around 800 and has doubled my money invested in around 6 months time ,predicted growth is massive and sums of 50.000 per bitcoin by year 2020 .
    I would have loved to have got all my savings in straight away but the speed of its rise and my caution stopped that happening ,as I was hoping it would come back to near the original price I went in.
    Btw ,I followed the wee techy guy in work when he was on about it and took a chance on it ,gutted at how fast it's climbed as going in early I want the same deal and it's not gonna come down to that again .
    Big money is going into it and many are trying to crash it by selling huge amounts when high to cauz panic and uncertainty driving it down ,but it not having the desired effect ,it's stabilising quickly after a drop and climbing higher every time .anyone interested in checking out it's growth can download an app called coinbase ,I know most will say if it sounds to good to be true it usually is ,but I can't see this fail ,people want this as trust in banks and government has plummeted ,they have no control over it .
    I think it will become more common for people within another year and many will understand and use it .

13. joemc

Check out on Google and coinbase shows it's surge in value along with etherium and litecoin.
    I'm on trying to find out from people who are into * like this ,I know only a little about how it works and that's only recent ,but if it's a money maker im hoping to shed lite on it for people who have not heard of it .

The Greenman likes this.
  14. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Did it not just take a big crash, because China ruled out using crypto currency in the future?

15. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Turned about £250 into £1,700 since July. Some of it luck, but invested in NEO when it was at $7 in August and sold at $45 a coin before the big China crash.

Took a bit out so I'm in risk free and now have most of it in low market cap coins that I think have really good potential and are undervalued.

16. Ghotti Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    How anyone know how mining botcoin works?

17. ynwa1987

Its high risk but big returns. I dont know anyone that has lost money buying and holding. Mind you pish sample size of about 3 people.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Do you have any real life examples of people that have made big money?

When I was researching it all I seen was folk who’s stock was worth loads but didn’t actually have any money in the bank.

19. leeso-ardoyne

Been looking at this for awhile now and was very tempted to stick 10k into bitcoins but whats putting me off is when i see single mothers from north belfast on facebook giving advice on bitcoins, i think its time to sit back and keep my money where it is. It reminds me abit of the housing boom, everyone and their dog giving advice on property because you cant lose. Well, we all know what happened there. Im kicking myself thou because i remember years ago when they where worth buttons someone mentioning on a forum i was on to buy them. Id probably be worth a few mill now if id have listened to him.

One thing thou, at the back of my mind im thinking maybe this time its different and they will keep going up in value however the roschilds wont like these bitcoins one bit and could see them pulling a few moves thatll make them crash in value.

20. leeso-ardoyne

watched a few documentaries on them and still dont understand it

Ghotti Bhoy likes this.