1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

50 dead in Las Vegas attack

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by packybhoy, Oct 2, 2017.

Discuss 50 dead in Las Vegas attack in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Police bodycam footage. Surely theres better footage than this they couldve released

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

False flag attack, there’s a lot of witnesses saying there was gunfire from 2 different floors, also the fact the room looks staged with the apparent guy that done it. All this by a wealthy old guy with no history of violence or mental issues. Not adding up at all.

Fully87 and Zanderama like this.
  3. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    ''Hear him say I have a vest on''? Aye ok Bruce Willis

4. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Theres no way he could have put all this to plan by himself. At first i thought he was some rich nut that had lost all his money gambling in Vegas an went bananas big time. But the sheer military style planning theyre telling us, theres no way

CookieMonster and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    its illegal to smoke hash in some states of the US

7. aeroshady

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Look, I am back reading a bit on this page and I have to ask that people stop with the conspiracy theories. They are harmful and insulting to those impacted by this. Specifically people trying to claim this was an inside job by the government and nonsense like that. Maybe more will come out that explains his motives and perphaps we will learn of him having someone who helped him organize this all. That said, the straight up conspiracy theroies are very annoying to hear every time a tragedy happens. I can only conclude that people that bring them up are just afraid to admit that we live in a world where the unexplained can happen at any time to anyone.

While I didn't personally know anyone that was a victim, a good friend of mine knew two people shot during the attack. Both are alive. I have personally been to Mandalay Bay a few times and in 2015 my friend mentioned in the last sentence dropped me off there before heading to this festival herself. Scary to think about.

jamesfr and Fiferbhoy1991 like this.
  8. jamesfr

I agree ,no conspiracy theory here,just some some guy that went off the rails for whatever reason.
    With so many guns available and so may people in the US ,it's going to happen,imagine if everyone in the UK had access to weapons there would be shootings all the time,you just need to be angry,* up,drugged up,suicidal or a general nutter,there are a thousand reason why someone would do such a thing.

9. Dáibhí

Of course, because the US Government is obviously beyond reproach in such a situation. History shows that they're squeaky clean and never have anything to do with dodgy goings-on, do they?

Sorry mate, but just because you were in the hotel in question a few times and know some people at the concert doesn't mean that everyone else should just accept the official story and pipe down.

I'm guessing if you're looking to not hear conspiracy theories, both believable and outright mental, your best bet is to log off for a few weeks from the entire internet.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What do you expect people to do if they see things that don't make sense? There are videos (2 I think from - from different people filming) someone has posted that looks like there is shooting coming from around the 4th floor.

I would suggest maybe not looking at anything to do with it for a while if you cannot handle it. Asking people not to discuss it is a bit laughable to be honest. I must admit when I started seeing this stuff I thought "not again, everything seems to have a conspiracy angle" but when something is there to back it up it is hard to argue against.

amnoabilly and Dáibhí like this.
  11. The Greenman King of kings

There seems to be a reasonable explanation for the supposed 2nd shooter on the 4th floor however there's still a few things that don't add up. Paul Joseph Watson has summed it up quite well..

ChrisMoh, Artorias and Dáibhí like this.
  12. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Its like sayin i was in germany last year,* me scary after wat happend there during the nazis.Im so lucky.Im shaken.:50:No offence,just a wee bit sarky at times.

13. Dáibhí

If this were some headcase with a handgun who rocked up at the hotel and started shooting people then fair enough, but it wasn't.

He managed to get a shitload of weaponry up to his hotel room, managed to smash out heavy duty storm proof windows and perform the kind of weaponised assault that I've seen trained soldiers saying would be very difficult for even someone of their level to carry out.

He was in his mid 60's, didn't have a criminal record, had no history of mental health issues and was a * millionaire who seemed happy enough with life.

People are gonna read into this situation as different from your average "maniac loses his *, starts killing folk for no reason" type scenario.

14. The Greenman King of kings

15. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That's pretty weird with that 4chan post.

Wonder if there's a conspiracy video out there with that post about Boston on here haha.

Jack Torrance likes this.
  16. aeroshady

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Or just expect for people to be decent and give it a break (at least for a while). I honestly don't know how some people on the internet sleep with themselves at night.

What purpose does it serve to feed the internet trolls about the theories right now? The people impacted by this don't need to hear it. They are still in hospitals clinging to life or are planning funerals right now. Their families do see this stuff across the internet.

To me, these types of theories are coming from scared individuals who are afraid of the fact that crazy people can snap and kill you at any point. So they are looking to blame a larger group or people. It is no different than the US calling any person of color a terrorist immediately when a mass casualness happens without bothering to learn if there was a political reason. The weak minded need to blame something..

And yes, having been to the area and knowing of people at the concert does make me more informed than people that have not been there. That is common sense. For example, the people talking about the 4th or 10th floor are coming from a place of ignorance about the Mandalay Bay. These people don't realize two important facts about the hotel. 1) The Mandalay Bay hotel is HUGE. It is much bigger than it looks on tv or camera. I have gotten lost in there several times. It was one of the biggest complexes in Las Vegas. 2) Street Level is not where the floors begin at the Hotel. People don't realize this, but when you drive into the Mandalay Bay facility, you actually need to go down to get to the main entrance. Were the taxis are and the lobby. That is where the first floor is. So the street side that was pointing at the concert does not start with floor 1, it starts much higher, because floor 1 starts in the back down further.

17. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I would have to agree.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually don't see how it would be difficult.

Getting the guns and ammo in would be easy, since they'd fit in 3 or 4 suitcases maybe even just 2 big ones and he could have took them in 2 at a time over a day or two, nobody would assume anything.

Then breaking a window i'd imagine isnt that hard and shooting from above onto crowds of thousands with the guns he had, even if you've never fired a gun before you'd probably be able to do that and cause a lot of damage.

It would be difficult if he'd took the guns onto the roof then was shooting a small crowd with handguns or something but what he done seems like something anyone could do.

jamesfr and Valhalla like this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    People don't carry their own luggage in the type of hotels millionaire gamblers stay in, in Vegas.

He'll have got it took to his room by a couple of wee lobby boys and flung some cash their way.

Some people are making out as if some old guy just randomly turned up carrying guns and ammo openly :giggle1:

20. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Genuinely can't believe Paul Joseph Watson are getting spread on here as if he's got any ounce of credibility.

The guys a white supremacist fucksake.