1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Davies Hired As Rodgers Assistant

Discussion in 'World Football' started by doctor venglos, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Chris Davies Hired As Rodgers Assistant in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Must be mate yes.

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Lol he goes to punch the air and changes his mind

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * love that passion from all of them. Kind of mental seeing a team of backroom staff so invested in a club.

Speaks volumes for the work they must put in behind the scenes. Can't be anything better than it all paying off for them.

4. Keano88

Driscoll giving it the Lenny GIUY celebration.

He'll be getting a chap on the door the morra :74:

packybhoy likes this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I bet Ntcham getting forward more and getting shots off is something they have worked on.

Like you said, it must be a buzz when you see your training/tactics coming to the fore.

Random Review and Valhalla like this.
  6. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Would love big Johan back in some capacity.

Dembele likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Love that

kramer1 and The IRA like this.
  8. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Well beats a fist pump. Pretty much what i did

JML67 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye it's great to see.

10. clonbhoy

Centre-half preferably.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CD: "We have two massive challenges in Bayern and PSG. Anderlecht are a team we can probably look at and look to exploit as well."

CD: "It’s a strong group, they all are."

CD: "Before you go too far into analysing each team, it’s good to take a step back for everybody - and I certainly have done that myself."

CD: "What a big job it is qualifying here. A big journey to qualify. Great for the city of Glasgow, the country and Scottish football."

CD: "I think a massive credit should go the players and the manager for qualifying. It should never be taken for granted."

CD: “Qualifying for Celtic is really good as it takes the is club where it wants to be but it’s not an easy process

CD: "2 years in a row now. If you look at the teams, it’s really exciting and hopefully feeling the fans have got as well."

CD: "There are going to be some really special nights here."

CD on Paradise on a #UCL night: "I read something earlier about @gianluigibuffon talking about the electric atmosphere at Celtic Park."

CD: "No other place in the world he would rather be when that flag is getting waved in the centre circle & the fans are making the noise."

CD : "It's a fantastic place to be on #UCL nights. Teams coming here will know we will pose a threat to them as well,"

CD: "The feeling straight away when the names come out is excitement & we are looking forward to the games."

CD on #UCL targets: "If we want to be in a position where we are in Europe after Christmas then our home form will be important."

CD: "I am confident we can be in Europe after Christmas and that is the target."

CD: "Ultimate dream is can we qualify out into the last 16 but being in Europe after Christmas would be fantastic achievement."

CHRIS Davies insists Celtic won’t be there to make up the numbers in their UEFA Champions League group after the Scottish treble-winners were paired with some of the biggest names on the continent in today’s draw in Monaco.

The Hoops will go head-to-head with big spending Paris Saint-Germain, German giants Bayern Munich and Belgian outfit Anderlecht in Group B, with PSG providing a glamour opening game in Paradise on Tuesday, September 12.

Delighted with the draw, Davies is eagerly anticipating some fantastic European nights at Celtic Park over the coming months, which he feels will provide a huge fillip to Glasgow and the entire Scottish game.

And as the club and its supporters looked forward to coming up against the cream of the continent, the Englishman also felt it was important to recognise Celtic's achievement in reaching the group stages

Speaking to the media, Celtic’s assistant manager said: “It was good to see the draw and I think we are happy with that. We have got two massive challenges there in Bayern and PSG and obviously, Anderlecht are a team we can probably look to exploit as well. It’s a strong group, they are all strong groups.

“Everyone can see clearly that Anderlecht would be the third team. They are in pot three and I don’t think the seedings are too far off to be honest, and they will probably look at us in the same way. But what I will say is, with what we can deliver, especially at home, and the way the manager prepares the team, then we will certainly go into games confident we can get results.

“We are certainly not there in any way shape or form to resign ourselves to fight for third place. That’s not what you do at the club like and not how Brendan works. He will have the players working and believing that we can get results and we will see what happens.”

“Before you go too far into analysing each team, it’s good to take a step back for everybody- and I certainly have done that myself in the last 48 hours – as it’s such a big job in qualifying here,” Davies continued.

“It’s a big journey you have to go on to qualify. It’s great for the city of Glasgow, the country and Scottish football. I think a massive credit should go the players and the manager for qualifying.

“It should never be taken for granted because what you have to do in pre-season is come up against very good teams who are in season. If I think of Rosenborg and teams like that, and you have to go and produce.

“We didn’t concede a goal until the last qualifier away there, and we performed really well in certain games so that’s the first point I would make on behalf of myself and everyone: qualifying for Celtic is really good because it takes this club where it wants to be but it’s not an easy process.

“Two years in a row we are in there now and if you look at the teams we have got, then it’s really exciting, and hopefully that’s the feeling the fans have got as well. There are going to be some really special nights here.

“I read something earlier about (Gianluigi) Buffon talking about the electric atmosphere at Celtic Park, and how there is no better place in the world you would rather be when that flag is getting waved in the centre circle and the fans are making the noise. It’s a fantastic place to be on Champions League nights.

“Teams coming here on their side will know we will pose a big threat to them at home as Celtic’s home record in the Champions League is very strong. The feeling straight away when the names come out is excitement and looking forward to the games.”

Brendan Rodgers' side will be aiming to go one better than last season and remain in European competition beyond Christmas, and Davies acknowledged that Celtic's home form would be vital if they were to succeed in this endeavour.

"We drew three of the games in the group stage last season and performed well towards the end of that group stage," said the Englishman. "If we want to be in a position where we are in Europe after Christmas then our home form is going to be really important and we are going to have to show the qualities that we can deal with players of that level.

“There is no question we brought a really high level to, for example, Rosenborg away. We played like a Champions League team. They beat Ajax away from home and we went there and dominated possession and we created chances and we were really solid in our play. That’s the sort of level we are going to need to bring to these games.

"But, like I said, it’s really important we enjoy this now, look forward to it and for Scottish football and the city, it’s a really exciting time.”

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Mr Shelby likes this.
  12. Murph-E

Slegging Anderlecht right off.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Anderpish

The IRA likes this.
  14. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    Maybe we should loan them Ralston to help them out then :50:... pish aye, I'll crack the jokes. There are no pish teams in this competition.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Sorry petal. Was having a we laugh after pur assistant basically said ander are the weakest and its true.

Murph-E likes this.
  16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Must admit i'm surprised he said what he did about Anderlecht.

Random Review likes this.
  17. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    Just about translated all that...
    Were ye aye, didn't realise you were trying to be funny :56:.

Enjoy the games Honda.

18. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    * it give them the fear. No point talking them up.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ill enjoy them! Hopefully remember them :56:

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member