1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Roberts!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by AJ Styles, Jan 24, 2016.

Discuss Patrick Roberts! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Your just sick it wasnt you that posted it!

Twisty likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Why would I be.

4. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Ano, but i put it in here too coz wee Paddy had a stormer

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

6. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Cost less than Garner!!

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd be ecstatic if he was our only signing of the summer. Please make it happen Celtic.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Lol..

9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    “I’ve played a lot of games since I joined the club,” he said. “And I’ve contributed goals too, which is what I came here to do. I also came here to win trophies and I’ve certainly done that. At the end of the season I can look back and say my time here has been very successful and I’m glad I came here.

“If Sunday is my last game at Celtic Park, then of course it will be a nice day for me, and I’d like to sign-off in style by showing the fans what I can do. I’m really looking forward to the day and I just want to enjoy it, and enjoy the trophy.”

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

WINGER Patrick Roberts is looking forward to the final SPFL game of the 2016/17 season, as Celtic prepare to take on Hearts this Sunday.

The Englishman has faced the Edinburgh team five times since his arrival at the club last February, scoring on four occasions, and the 20-year-old will be looking to build on that this Sunday by signing off the season in style.

Roberts recorded his first goals for the Hoops in 3-1 victory over Hearts at Celtic Park in April last season, grabbing a brace in a perfect display of his goal-scoring abilities.

And those attributes were just as visible in this week’s sensational 5-0 win over Partick Thistle, when the attacker bagged another double to take his goal tally for the season to 11.

The victory in Maryhill extended the Hoops’ unbeaten domestic run to 45 games, and the five goals scored smashed the 100-goals target to end the evening on a record-equalling 103 points, and a staggering 104 goals.

Speaking after the game, Roberts felt the Firhill display was a great example of what this record-breaking Celtic team are capable of.

He said: “It was a good performance against Partick and a good few goals. Obviously, the three points were important as well, it was a top night.

“It’s been an incredible season and with one league game left we need to keep ourselves focused and have the same mentality as we’ve had all season, and we’ll see what happens on Sunday.

“It’s been a good season for all of us and there are some parts that are better than others, but right now, I’m feeling confident and I’m scoring goals, which is good for me.”

“The gaffer knows what we need to do,” Roberts added. “And he’ll do his best to make sure that there aren’t any slip-ups, and that we go into the last game in the same way that we’ve gone into every game.”

The winger’s loan deal is due to expire at the end of this season, when he’s expected to return to his parent club in the English Premier League, Manchester City. But, Roberts admits his move north of the border has been an invaluable experience for him.

“I’ve played a lot of games since I joined the club,” he said. “And I’ve contributed goals too, which is what I came here to do. I also came here to win trophies and I’ve certainly done that. At the end of the season I can look back and say my time here has been very successful and I’m glad I came here.

“If Sunday is my last game at Celtic Park, then of course it will be a nice day for me, and I’d like to sign-off in style by showing the fans what I can do. I’m really looking forward to the day and I just want to enjoy it, and enjoy the trophy.”

However, there is one piece of silverware that has yet to be decided and the youngster is hopeful that he’ll be able to play his part in the Scottish Cup final against Aberdeen on, May 27.

Roberts opted to remain with Celtic for the last remaining fixture of the campaign, after being called up to England’s under-20 World Cup squad last month. But, he held back on the opportunity to take part in the tournament which kicks-off in South Korea on, May 20, in favour of helping Celtic’s bid for the club’s first treble in 16 years.

Victory in the two remaining matches would secure a domestic clean sweep of available honours, and it would also achieve a record points’ tally, which would surpass the record set by Martin O’Neill’s Hoops team of 2001/02, who notched up a total of 103 points during their league campaign.

The attacker said: “We know that there are two big games left, one in the cup and one in the league, and the history is there for us to make. We need to take that chance and keep going the way we have been. If we do that, I think we will come out winners, but, it’s down to us and our mentality to win games.”

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He has been unbelievable last few months, stepped up another level. You can see how much he has improved his all round game this season, his vision and passing has been class plus his reading of the game.
    Hope he does well if he stays at City but please please please sign him Celtic, it's a big ask but christ it'd be a huge signing.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. jamesfr

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Remember Brendan said he knows what makes the fans happy ............:wink:

14. jamesfr

Would be very apt signing the next Jimmy Johnstone on the 50th anniversary of the Lisbon lions , should make it £6.7 million though

Bumblebee likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This transfer rumour is going to become a summer saga, isn't it? :nonono:

:56:

Bumblebee likes this.
  16. Bumblebee

If it is true and we have tabled a bit of 6.8million rising to 8 then I honestly think we may see a fair bit of dosh being spent this summer because I can't see Patrick Roberts being our only signing. I think we obviously need another centre back and a striker and I think Brendan realises this. Could be a very interesting summer.

17. wulliebad

City have so much money they dont even care,i would think we could get him for even less if city wants him gone and player wants to sign.....but iv thought all season he will be gone and i still think the very best we can hope for is another season long loan.

18. Hail_hail6767

From the first vids I saw of him. I knew he would do some damage up here.

However he's still young. Even if man city don't think he's ready he will go on loan to a tougher league and then see what he's made of. Only a good loan fee from us may tempt man city for someone with such potential.

19. DembelesDa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    paul the tim @paulthetim
    Paddy Roberts ain't signing no bid accepted. He might come back on loan end of August he's going back to Man City for pre season

Captain Brown likes this.
  20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As if he would know our transfer dealings.

He's just stating what 90% of us are guessing, in the hope he gets it right, so he looks 'in the know'.