1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Moustache, Oct 20, 2016.

Discuss Red Dead Redemption 2 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moustache

[​IMG]

Here's the trailer:

It's due to be released in Autumn 2017 for PS4 & Xbox One

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The trailer is so * short, but my * it looks stunning. If it looks nearly as good as that I'll be amazed.

In the mood for some Red Dead. Bought Revolver on the PS Store yesterday as I'd never played it before, and it's actually pretty good. Going to get stuck into Redemption after I'm done with this though.

3. Moustache

Sony have announced a partnership with Rockstar Games for RDR2, which will see some of the online DLC released early on the PS4. The full thing can be read here, but this is the relevant part:

4. Dr. Frasier Crane

It has bison in it, I'm sold.

Artorias likes this.
  5. Bunk Moreland

Loved the way it showed * all about the game

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I was going to buy it, but remember after playing RDR (best game ever), I went on and watched the whole Revolver playthrough, lol.

Cannot wait for this.

Whilst Half Life was the game that changed gaming for me, the game that probably blew me away the most, however RDR is the best game I've ever played. I even loved the Zombie spinoff.

7. Bumblebee

Just downloaded Red Dead Revolver today. Never played it when it originally came out which is weird considering how I had every other Rockstar game from that period. I always think of Rockstar games in the same vain as those cult 70's movies.

Anyway RDRevolver is pretty * good and I think it does still kind of hold up today graphics obviously are dated but its still fun. Gonna play through this and then do another play through of Redemption.

Off Topic

But for anyone interested all the great Rockstar games are £6.19 on the PSstore, The Warriors, Max Payne, RDRevolver, Bully, Manhunt, Vice City.

I hope the next instalment of the GTA series takes place in a different decade rather than a modern day setting something like the 70's would be dynamite. GTA5 felt a bit sterile.

Oh and sorry for the bump and getting peoples hopes up on news of RDR2 :giggle1:

Artorias likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Downloaded it a few months ago and I thought it was quite good as well. Never finished it but I agree that it does sort of hold up.

Artorias and Bumblebee like this.
  9. Bumblebee

One thing I absolutely love about it so far is the music is all music from Spaghetti Western movies :biggrin: It helps make the ridiculous parts of it fun and justifiable and don't feel too out of place.

Ye played Max Payne? If ye haven't download it man still a great game. Think I'm gonna go ahead and get that and The Warriors. I wish PS and Xbox for Xbox users would get some more PS2 classics for us to download.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I haven't. Might download it tomorrow and give it a shot.

Rockstar just knock it out of the park every time. Bully is one of my favourite games and The Warriors is brilliant. Got them on the PS4 last year - now had both of them on PS2, PS3 and PS4. Warriors on PSP as well back in the day:giggle1:

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, agree with this.Would love a game set during the prohibition.

Or another Vice City, favourite game by a mile for me. Wouldn't be surprised if they make one set in London down the line.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Bumblebee likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Recently downloaded The Warriors on PS4. Would * love it if Rockstar remade/rebooted it but done it all on a massive scale and made it more open worldly.

With the movie getting rebooted as a show I think they'll either remake it or give it a sequel with new characters.

Still * * at spraying the W :rofl:

Officer Doofy likes this.
  13. Bumblebee

@Immortan @Dear Hunter

Did either of you play the first Godfather game by EA? That was * awesome too loved taking over all the territories from Cueno and Stracci and so on and the Scarface game that was pretty good too, both games came out around about the same time.

Thinking back to games that have came out since the PS3 & PS4 there isn't many games for me that have as much replay-ability as the classics from the PS2 era, maybe thats me looking at it with a heavy nostalgia but RDRedemption, Assassins Creed 2, Last of Us, Bio Shock series, Skyrim, Fallout 3, & The Witcher are about the only games I'd play over and over again.

Vice City
    San Andreas
    The Warriors
    Scarface
    Bully
    Manhunt
    Max Payne
    The Godfather
    LOTR The Two Towers
    FIFA 02, 03, & 04
    DBZ Tenkaichi
    MGS2
    MGS3
    PES 5 & 6
    Prince of Persia
    Need for Speed Underground
    Star Wars Battlefront 1&2
    Blood Omen 2 (personal favourite)
    Soul Reaver 2 (personal favourite)
    Medal of Honour Frontline

Thats all I can think of at the moment off the top of my head. They all pretty much hold up by todays standards IMO. I feel like lots of games lack innovation now and they basically play to what the market demands just to make a quick buck. Only really Rockstar and Bethesda imo that push the boat a little.

By the way @Dear Hunter I can't recommend Max Payne enough you will love it if you enjoy The Warriors. Amazing game and amazing atmosphere.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye. Had The Godfather and Scarface games.

The Godfather is underrated. Like you said, taking over each territory was fantastic. Scarface was fun as well. Loved upgrading Tony's mansion.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * loved Scarface. One of my favourite films so I'm probably biased.

That and Vice City were kinda similar in tone, visuals and stuff so that's probably why I am such a fan of both.

I've got Mafia 3 sitting on my drawers but I've played about 10 minutes of it. Anyone played it and know if it's good?

Bumblebee likes this.
  16. Bumblebee

No played Mafia 3 but I have heard that its kind of sterile and repetitive but the story is supposed to be fantastic. I actually really fancy it because of the story, gonna pick it up at some point.

Valhalla likes this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Doubt I'll play a game as repetitive as Arkham Knight with the tank battle stuff.

Love the game but they overdone the tank battles because it was the first time we got the batmobile properly in a game :giggle1:

PeeKay likes this.
  18. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

They already did a London one set in 1969. It's the only one of the series I never played.

Artorias likes this.
  19. Bumblebee

I think @Immortan is meaning a modern up to date version, I don't think Rockstar consider their releases since GTA 3 onwards as sequels but more of spiritual successors in a way like what Revolver is to Redemption. I had GTA London for ps1 and it was OK if you like all that cockney hardman Ray Winstone stuff, which I find pretty dull "I'll av you you cant!" Yawn.

I don't think Rockstar will ever do a game in London again mainly because of the scope for stories in America is far greater and the satire they can do with America is more than what they can do in London.

What I think GTA has missed is being a period game, late 60's, 70's, 80's early to mid 90's are great time periods to use, especially with the Mafia aspect, Corruption by the Mob in Las Vegas, even Black Panthers stories which hasn't been touched on that would be perfect for a 70's themed game. Preparing all the Brothas for violent revolution while doing gun deals with Colombians and what not. A character like Hunter S Thompson that you do some missions for. Ugh Rockstar please go back to doing things like that PLEASE!

I'd love to see a GTA set in the 50's Rockstar could make that work. Probably use obvious references to things like Badlands, In Cold Blood, Hot Rod cars, Biker gangs becoming a thing, James Dean, Brando The Wild One, The Bomb, The advent of television man think of the obvious jokes there GTA thrives on that stuff.

Sadly though I don't think Rockstar are up for taking risks like that anymore and will continue to play it safe with games like GTA5 for its online aspect. Hope I'm wrong though.

Artorias likes this.
  20. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    loved the legacy of cain games.they were making legacy of cain dead sun but was cancelled,recently,they seemed to have got quite far with plenty gameplay videos.