1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Views on abortion?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Apr 17, 2017.

Discuss Views on abortion? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It's a hypothetical. You mentioned having consensual * so why not being faced with the same outcome for non consensual *?

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Different circumstances for different situation's so hard to pass judgement when I've been in situation's myself..

Certainly something that shouldn't happen or be allowed to * nilly (pardon the pun)..

3. Mr. Slippyfist

It's a hypothetical question based on a comment I made which has * all to do with rape, or forced *.

As well you know there is a MASSIVE difference in context, and my comment does not fit in with the nature of your question.

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well mate if more looked at it that way, or 'our' way, then this debate about 'who' is more responsible would become redundant - as both parties will act sensibly and neither will look to transfer the blame/responsibility.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

No. I absolutely agree with you 100%.

The point I'm making though is that the man CAN walk away whenever he may choose to (as cuntish as that may be, but factual) therefore it's left to the woman to deal with what ever scenario she may carry out.

Had this discussion a couple of hours ago with the good lady, she told me exactly what I was thinking - definitely the woman's place to make sure HER body is kept safe (from pregnancy).

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    How many time's you heard she stopped taking the pill or had her coil or whatever taken out..

That bint on big brother that married a pish footballer admitted it. Entrapment..

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Yeah mate, I know about this * too.

Cows.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

@Mcguire1

Came across this whilst looking at bios of old Celtic youth players:

TEENAGE Celtic star Paul Caddis was tricked into thinking he was a dad, DNA tests have revealed.

The 19-year-old rising star was at Leanne McIntosh's side for baby Lewis's birth and even chose his name.

She told him she was 100 per cent sure he was the dad. But DNA tests proved that Lewis was really another man's son.

Caddis had provided for the little boy since he was born in February and pals said last night he was confused and angry.

One added: "He was taken for a ride by this girl, who was only interested in his money and fame. She told him there was no chance it could be anyone else."

Caddis said last night: "I've had a difficult time recently and I want to put all that behind me."

Leanne, 18, told Caddis she was pregnant after a one-night stand.

They met through acquaintances in Kilmarnock, their home town.

Another of the footballer's pals said: "This girl was a one-night fling and nothing more. Young footballers are always getting girls throwing themselves at them and Paul has learned the hard way at a young age to be careful.

"He was trying to do the brave and decent thing because he's a decent young boy."

Caddis took advice after Leanne told her story to a newspaper.

The pal said: "He hated people at Celtic knowing about his private life through a newspaper story but they were really supportive."

Caddis, who has been a member of the Scotland under-21 squad, paid for the DNA tests.

The friend added: "She was still professing that it would have to be an immaculate conception but the results came through and suggest otherwise.

"Paul was pretty angry and hurt because he had been with the baby every day.

"He had given the baby his name and looked in his eyes, all the time thinking it was his son."

The friend revealed that Caddis had found out the truth just a day after shelling out for a pram.

The pal added: "The whole thing has been like an episode of the Jeremy Kyle show. Paul was adamant he would do the right thing if the baby was his."

Leanne is said to have made her claims immediately after Caddis made his first appearance for the Celtic first team in February.

He starred in a 5-1 rout of his home town team Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup.

He then made his home debut on February 20 against Barcelona in the Champions League.

Last night, Caddis refused to discuss the DNA results.

He said: "My priority is my football and I'm looking forward to doing well at Celtic."

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That's a pisstake and I've never read that before. Always liked the wee man as well..

Unfortunately I know of a couple of case's like that. One a bit close to home myself..

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Depressing stuff. In my student days spent watching Jeremy Kyle I can remember this sort of thing being fairly common. I don't think a lot of the girls involved appreciate how much something like that can mess up a young guy.

11. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    You are right, and for me, categorically it should be her right....and her right alone.

We as a society have decreed that at a certain point it should not be her right alone....and we will always disagree about the timing of that.....but until that point, it is definitely her choice.

12. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I have been with a woman through 2 abortions, and with another who had one previously. I also have a mate who is the result of a rape....so my views are not throwaway views, they are considered. Just for the record.

13. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I know a guy who is the outcome of a rape. He was brought up by the victim's mother (his grandmother). His life has been pretty *. He is a heroin addict and is now HIV positive. His gran died not that long ago so now he has literally no one to turn to.

14. Sween

I agree 100%. It is a bizarre idea that our society is built upon a loose social contract - that broadly speaking you and your body is held accountable as the way you behave infuences the lives of others. If I have 10 pints and decide to drive home, it isnt considered a freedom of choice issue or socially acceptable because "its my body and I do what I want with it". It is morally wrong because you are endangering the lives of others. The fact I am acting with my own body is neither here nor there.

In the case of abortion I dont see why the logic changes. That just because a being is inside rather than outside your body, your freedom to do what you like with your body suddenly trumps the protection of that being? It makes no sense.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  15. TimFloyd Gold Member

I dunno really,

I kinda agree at the stage of 24 weeks having seen babies born at that it's a bit sketchy.

I would have been a Dad at 14 if my bird at the time maw hadn't forced her to get an abortion.

14 year old me with a kid... who knows what that future would have held.

16. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Would say i am Anti in most cases if you have ever had a child or seen a 12 week scan its hard to be pro abortion

17. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Tough break for him. :54:

18. M 67

There's no definite answer - everything needs to be considered on a case by case basis. Although there should definitely be a cut-off period where, after a certain amount of time, you can't get it. Because by then, you would have had plenty of time to make a decision.

19. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

It's not a yes or no topic. Too many individuals with different reasons. If someone needs it then fair play. If someone wants to keep it that's down to them. I don't judge anyone as it's never an easy choice

20. Markybhoy

Clint Eastwood likes this.