1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] VI - The Good, the Bad and the Brothers

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Taz, Apr 5, 2017.

Discuss VI - The Good, the Bad and the Brothers in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I enjoyed it more when I died. :56:

First few days were frustrating.

2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I was going to cover myself first night as well but never thought the mafia would get that lucky first night! Fair play to them, was saving it for 2nd night since I was just going to call folk out.
    Minty and Deebo * us from the start :56: Made it too easy for the mafia to get townies lynched. Well played lads to get the win! Against all the odds really I thought we were going to lose.
    How did mafia kill their own am still confused about that:39: do they not know who the other mafia is?

Next game am just going to be quiet and chip as much.

3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yes, the mafia know who each other are. But remember, because of the Brothers twist, it added an extra dimension. The mafia night kill is always as it has been. The first name posted as a kill order is the one that is killed. There seemed to be some confusion about the role of the Brothers at times throughout the game. The Brothers were not town aligned, or mafia aligned. They were in it for themselves. The Mafia brother had the powers and priveleges of mafia, but he was a brother, first and foremost.

Around the time this was happening there were some discussions taking place within the Mafia chat about which one of them could be the brother, but more importantly, Tim was adamant about making a ove and killing V. This had been brewing since the previous night, but he had been overruled 3-1 on that occasion, and V was spared. But not the night that Tim was killed, as he realy was pushing strong for a V hit. As V was the other brother, the mafia brother did all he could to push it off, but as it seemed that it was not working this time, there was no other choice and in an act of desperation felt he had to do what he could to protect his brother, because for the brothers to win they had to survive together. So Anton beat Tim to the punch and killed Tim instead.

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What do you mean by that? The first lynch is always going to be a tough one but we were hardly * after it. It was lynching Minty next that set us back.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's a new game up mate.

6. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It gave the mafia the upper hand, unless we nailed a mafia from the start. Since as soon we lynched a townie and you and Minty wanted it then it was going to be easy to throw the blame on yous and the mafia could easily take advantage of that.

That's what I was getting at during the game, too much of a risk getting it wrong and the mafia and brothers capitalise on it.

Need to be more patient as townies, suppose its only my 2nd game but random lynching on 1st day going on little proof will rarely work.

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Not blaming it all on yous Deebo, just that yous kicked it off making it a bit easier for mafia who * themelsves over anyway so it's all good :84:

Saul Goodman likes this.
  8. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Suppose you have a point but I still think you need to go for someone on Day 1.

If we didn't lynch someone and the mafia night killed someone, it would have left us with little to go on. It just so happened in this game that Yukio being lynched left us with * all too. :56:

CookieMonster and Larsson93 like this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Yeah I get what you mean suppose am just a little more laid back in the lynching than most :giggle1: Aye it didn't work out well at the start.

10. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I was the same in previous games and always ended up suspecting the people who pushed the first lynches, but found I was usually wrong which was why I changed last game.

Also I usually find it suspicious when people put off voting and keep mentioning they need to read the thread, like Greenman in the last game.

11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Forgot to say, I absolutely * myself when I read this... :56:

You slimed * Greenman!

The Greenman likes this.
  12. The Greenman King of kings

:84::56:

Saul Goodman likes this.