1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bojan

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by steg, Jan 6, 2017.

Discuss Bojan in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steg

Lhads and Lhadys, forgive me if there's any mistakes in the post, longtime lurker rare time poster, always love coming on here to find out what's happening. Anyway, caught an article in the Stoke Sentinel (don't ask!), that suggests we have been keeping tabs on Bojan and that he's looking to move on if things do not improve in terms of playing time rapidly.

I'm personally in two minds, love him in full flow and still has wonderful potential and ability but I'm not sure where he'd fit these days. Maybe bring him in drifting in from where Paddy plays, given he'll be away in 6 months? Either that or having him as our number 10, I know he's played there before.

He is lightweight, I know and I know that people worry about the butchers that he'll be up against up here, but Sinclair is built like a stick insect too but his ability shines through.

I'd take him though - raises our profile, and onje of my favourite players from back in the day, I remember having him Balotelli and Pato up front and winning the CL in Champ Man with Celtic! I have watched him at Ajax, Milan and Stoke and he just seems to need a bit of BR style management, coaxed out of his shell and to feel like the fulcrum of the side.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/boja...ar-game-time/story-30034069-detail/story.html

---

Bojan is reluctantly ready to listen to offers to leave Stoke City, the Sentinel understands.

The playmaker remains a popular figure at the club – and captain Ryan Shawcross insists he can still be a player to build the team around. But at 26, he has grown frustrated with his lack of action since penning a new long-term deal 11 months ago. He did not feature at all in seven of the final 16 games of last season and has been left on the bench for 11 of 20 games this term.

Mark Hughes promised a change when he met with representatives after the Leicester game, when Bojan scored on a surprise recall, but he has not started the subsequent three matches. An FA Cup tie against Wolves tomorrow might be the final chance for a dramatic U-turn in fortunes that rescues his stay in the Potteries.

Hughes continues to insist that his status can change quickly – and an FA Cup tie against Wolves could be a final attempt to turn the tide – and Shawcross remains clear about his status in the changing room.

"I've always said he's one of my favourite players to play with," said the captain. "I love playing with him. It's all about us setting a platform for him to show the skill he's shown over the years. The longer we can keep him the better."

Stoke do hold the cards on any transfer, with the player tied to a deal until 2020, but Hughes is well-stocked in the number 10 role, particularly after the return of Ibrahim Afellay from long-term injury. There has been reported interest in Spain, from Valencia and Las Palmas as well as Middlesbrough, while Celtic and clubs in China were apparently monitoring his availability in the summer. As it stands Stoke are believed not to have received any formal bids.

There has been no falling out behind the scenes and Bojan respects Hughes's decision on a footballing basis even if it has left him doleful, having been convinced Stoke would be his platform to reach new heights.

He had blazed a trail through Barcelona's youth system then helped them to two Champions League titles before spending three years moving around Europe – to Roma, AC Milan and Ajax – trying to find a home where he could chase his individual ambition as a footballer. Stoke had seemed like an unlikely next stop but Hughes benefited from his previous courtship, having once tried to sign him for Manchester City, and after a stuttering start the forward emerged at the centre of the manager's plans with some inspirational performances.

The stardust came to abrupt end in the FA Cup at Rochdale in January 2015 when, 28 minutes after scoring a terrific volley, Bojan stumbled as he ran into the area and sustained knee ligament damage that would keep him out until the autumn.

He admitted recently that he was probably affected by a draining winter of fixtures after pushing so hard in that comeback. "The first season (in England over Christmas) I felt good even though I played two games in three days," he told reporter Guillem Balague for AS in Spain. "Last year I came back from a long injury and played endlessly from September to February. Until December I felt good and strong. I did very well the game against Manchester United at home. But the truth is that at the end of that month and in January I began to lose freshness. I noticed the impact of so many matches after so many months without playing."

Bojan has scored three times in eight league appearances this season – and another in the Checkatrade Trophy against Bury.

2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Ah, the former FM Barcelona wonderkid.

Zanderama, paulmcq1888 and Nasser like this.
  3. joemc

good player and can unlock a deffence no problem.

4. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    He must be on a decent wage at stoke, probably about 50k+ nae chance he's coming here.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Big name, another prime candidate for China.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would be an unreal signing..

Was Stoke's best player before injury and is a fantastic wee player on his day..

In one of the 3 behind Dembele, under Rodgers and what he could do with him? * aye..

Doubt there's anything in it though. Cost too much. I'd imagine him, Arnautovic, Shaqiri etc are all on mega buck's under Hughes..

7. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Can play as a striker too would be a superb signing, wages the stumbling block though no doubt

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    No where near as good as the true wonder kid Toral. :87:

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Excellent ability, however he is a lazy wee *.

No thanks.

10. HailHoopy

No seen much of him, every time I have seen him though he looks as though he's been aboot to greet :giggle1:

11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You ever been to Stoke. :giggle1:

12. shaunm

What a signing this boy would be

13. Swervedancer Guest

As soon as I seen he was still signed till 2020 then I knew there was no chance, no matter what his wages are we couldn't afford the transfer.

Valencia could be a good move for him because there is a club in desperate need of flair players and they'll offer him decent money and he'll be back in his home country so he might feel more comfortable.

Can't believe he's 26 already, I remember when he broke Messi's record for yougest every goal scorer at Barca. I think it was Messi who gave him the assist too hah.

Jeez oh that's going to be Keirney soon, 26 and playing for Barca and we'll be like ffs do we really want the money or the player?

Anyway I'd love to have Bojan, he's got great skills on him and can makes things happen out of nothing. Bit like Roberts though I would say at same age Bojan was better. It was actually quite strange he didn't kick on and become one of the best of that age group. Heard his old boy put a lot of pressure on him but that could be tabloid nonsense.

China probably is the best thinking about it now, if his career hasn't worked out he may as well make his pension before he gets injured or just drifts out of the scene. Still reckon he'd do better in Spain where he grew up, understands the game better but *, that would be a nightmare getting relegated with Valencia within 6 months.

On the other hand, if he wants some Champions League football before he heads for retirement then he may as well force a move here and tell them we'll give them 6 players in a swap. 6 squad and development players of course.

Still think that wee guy Guald looks good. If we could get him for £6m we probably should.

14. HailHoopy

Naw, am I missing anything? :D

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well let's just say it's not Barcelona. :84:

16. Swervedancer Guest

Is Stoke the Elephant and Castle of the North? Only person I know from Stoke is Phil Taylor. Btw though, in the EPL they were the loudest fans only a couple years ago so they must be pretty passionate about their * football :RedFinger To be fair they improved a lot under Hughes, not been following them recently.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I only passed through it but * me it looked grim.

18. Swervedancer Guest

FFs a bit unfair that, pick one of the most cultural cities on the world :56:

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well that's my point, that's where Bojan played until then. :56:

20. HailHoopy

Stoke might look like Barcelona through Andy Grays eyes :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.