1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would be your replacement for Ronny?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by _DannyBhoy_, Jan 31, 2016.

Discuss Who would be your replacement for Ronny? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickyroma25

Would be a dream come true for me. Literally, I've dreamt about it :52:

but I think he'd be our boards worst nightmare. Plus, they've probably never heard of him.

2. NyköpingCelt

Same. I thought he did a great job with Croatia.

3. Donaghy77

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We're on the road again
    For me it has to be Rodgers or Moyes, if not I could accept Lennon returning on the basis of his current knowledge of our squad, plus he would likely be in it for the long haul (10IAR) after having his fingers burnt down south. If Owen Coyle or even worse * Steve Evans (who incidentally has a conviction and suspended sentence for tax fraud) come anywhere near our club then that'll be a new low even by our board's own standards and we might as well give up and go home.

I have accepted our club is financially constrained and so can't pay the transfer fees and wages of top players, and even that we refuse to break our wage structure for two or three better players for the sake of harmony in the dressing room. What I can't accept is that we follow a similar policy for our manager, who if not the most important figure at any club most certainly is at Celtic. In order to compete at a European level with our tiny budget we need a mentally strong team who's sum is greater than its parts, set up excellently from a tactical perspective with everybody playing for the shirt and a great team spirit in the dressing room. This all stems from the manager. And so I can't understand why we can't break the so called 'structure' for this one individual on whom any future European success and our 10IAR chances will ultimately depend.

All this talk with Moyes, Rodgers etcc waiting for the summer to assess their options, money talks with managers as much as it does with players. Make a statement Celtic, get a big name through the door and get us believing again.

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Where would Leigh fit into Moyes's plans if he were to become manager. Moyes likes big strong target men and has used quite a few over the years. Whether that be Anichebe, Yakubu, Jelavic or Ferguson, it's known that he likes a those type of strikers to build his attack around.

I don't think you should rule out Leigh and another striker playing as part of a two but there's no chance we'll be seeing Leigh as a lone striker.

5. JamesM09

If it's going to be Lennon he needs to bring in a proper background team instead of just Gary Parker. Honestly it's no wonder we tried to bring in Deila as a number 2. If Lennon doesn't want to take training sessions he needs to bring in someone that will.

I think it will be Keane, Moyes or Lennon. I can see Lawwell leaving and Dermot Desmond stepping in like he did in 2000. If he does I think he will give Martin O'Neill some sort of position to liaise between the manager and the board and Keane as manager.

If he brings in Keane he will give him the cash he wants, hopefully without indebting the club. Same with Moyes.

Lennon would probably come with a slightly cheaper price, but I would imagine he would get a significant amount of cash to try and rebuild the team - partly due to the fact core revenues will return to normal next season.

6. JamesM09

After Deila I think it's more or less a requirement that we play tactics with 2 strikers.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Fair point about Lennon leading us to 10iar.

However after his treatment in Glasgow last time and the sour feelings in Scottish football right now, I would truly worry about his safety. Especially if he started leading us to the domestic dominance we should be getting with our resources.

8. This Charming Man

He's my first choice as well, it would indicate that the club has some ambition if he's at the helm.

9. Cmcgregor90

Right next to them

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

No it's not. It's a requirement to play a system that is effective.

There are plenty of 1 "out and out striker" systems that work.

11. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Liverpool with Origi lately has stood out to me. Hes been quality in that role.

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he's been quality recently.

It's all about movement and interchangability in formations. We lack movement, thats why the one striker doesn't always work for us. We also don't have a good left winger/inside forward, which again makes it difficult.

Movement is key

Edit: just look at spurs the other night, Kane was pulling the defence about and Lamela and Alli were bursting through the centre. Worked wonders.

13. raymo67

The one up himself works if you have attacking midfielders who can get the ball to him but we have players who dont have one ounce of creativity in them but I do prefer 2 up front a big guy and the wee fast guy.

I do think we have a decent squad that needs a bit of investment but Deila just could not get the players to play for him he & is tactically clueless & stubborn we need a manager who can motivate the players and have a plan b so I honestly dont know know who to bring in.

14. ConnellyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ľubomír Moravčík
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'd happily take Lennon back as those 4 years were absolutely brilliant in my opinion.

I'd still flyly chuck a cheeky offer at José Mourinho, even though i hate his guts. He knows how to manage lol. (this season not included...* knows what happened there lol)

15. blizzard bhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Merry Ploughboy
    Larsson and Mjallby to lead Celtic forward for me would be ideal.

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's fat. Genuinely think some folk would be put off by that knowing our support:56:

17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's actually lost a decent bit of weight

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  19. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do you think if i keep posting Bielsa everywhere and go on phone in's and that it would make a difference? It would mean bums on seats and unreal high throttle football, please Celtic i'm begging :(

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we set up with Bielsa's formation in Europe chances are we'd get tanned.

Unless there was serious investment to get the right players, which there won't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.