1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Paris...shootings and explosions

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CH4, Nov 13, 2015.

Discuss Paris...shootings and explosions in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wicker Bhoy

Who said anything about Assad killing civilians. I was talking about ISIS.

2. Wicker Bhoy

Be a bit unfair don't ya think considering ISIS use swords anyway and no-one else has used them since 1394.

It's only really ISIS that actually want to fight anyway so I guess it would be fair after all.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Why is it ?

If it achieves nothing or even makes things worse then in what way is it better in any real sense ?

4. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Because there is no guarantee that it will achieve nothing or make it worse, what we do know is that if we do nothing ISIS will continue attacks on European soil. I'd rather we try and stop them than do nothing.

5. angusceltic67

Apologies, I picked you up wrong :50:

Whats happening in Syria is often misunderstood by most in the West, due to the illegal agenda of most Western media and Politicians.

France's Former Foreign Minister: UK Government Prepared War in Syria Two Years Before 2011 Protests

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz-s2AAh06I[/ame]

6. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Great read fellas, didn't get through all of it, but some really great points, some right and some legitimately incorrect, except Angus of course.

To be fair, there is still a lot of seeing these events through our political goggles. There is the usual left wing ISIS apologists who place the blame squarely at the door of the west. Usually, seeing events through the prism of decolonisation and anti-imperialism. I don't think this argument is completely redundant; obviously, our policies have had an impact in accelerating Islamic radicalisation, but then France never invaded Iraq, did they? There policies in the Maghreb are less than edifying, however. No doubt, our actions are contributing factors. But lets be real - ISIS are a paragon of evil, a despicable moral outrage and stain on thenhan race. In every manner they are fascist - the believe we , the west, are in a state of degeneration. At the centre of every fascist movement is the idea of decadence and degeneration. They completely refute every modern accomplishment as a sign of this slide into iniquity - they hate women, they hate gays and fling them off buildings, they want to destroy the institutions of civilisation, eg democracy. They are raging against history, globalisation and the march of modernity - this is a battle of modernity. As such, they should be eviscerecated from the face of the earth, razed to the ground, like the Nazis that went before them.

The idea that questioning unchecked immigration is wrong. As someone has said allowing millions of undocumented people to cross the continent of Europe without checks is clearly a security risk. Germany was wrong. And Merkel will be lucky to see the end of her term, I think. Nobody is saying they are all terrorists, but if just 1% of those refugees are terrorist sympathisers then you have potentially 10,000 sympathisers. Just look what 6 people done in Paris! It's unfortunate but true. Equally pertinent and just is to commit to helping out these refugees and not succumb to xenophobia and fear. We still have a responsibility to help refugees and those most in need. Just vet them and take them from the camp directly. Take them from the reugugee camps it really is that simple. It's safer for everybody. We can keep our humanity and empathy without resorting to xenophobia or putting out security at risk. We need to have a real debate about this without people closing down the debate by accusations of racism.

I think the threat has been overplayed somewhat. I don't know about you, but I find ISIS laughable. Our ideas are thenmsot powerful tool ever created, far more powerful than any weapon at our disposal, and will always win the day, always. Anyone one who has tried to threaten those ideas has been put to the sword ruthlessly. We destroyed Nazism and the pernicious and evil ideology of Communism. At times, setting their cities ablaze in defence of them. We are frighteningly powerful when we act in concert. Secondly, their defeat is inevitable because regimes of hate always collapse in on themselves - it is just impossible to keep warring forever: at what point is it enough? At what point will they stop and be satisfied? To any clear minded observer, that point does not exist. You cannot war forever - they will destroy themselves. Even the most native tribe treasure the pursuit of peace.

7. This Charming Man

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    * * man, the * happening.

9. Wicker Bhoy

Refugees man, you not been paying attention.

10. albashamrock

Attempted robbery

11. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    French bombing killed 28 school children today.

#Je suis Paris

12. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Where did you hear this I can't find anything about it on the internet.

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    +1 :97:

14. This Charming Man

Probably doing the rounds among Jeremy Corbyn supporters on twitter.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Only thing I can find is a post on Reddit linking to an Arabic website.

http://www.alquds.co.uk/?p=440284

MOSUL (DPA): An Iraqi military source Nineveh province Wednesday killed
    28 pupils when it bombed a French aircraft elementary school east of Mosul, 400 / km north of Baghdad. / Brigadier Thanon Sabawi from the Second Division of the Iraqi army that "the French aircraft bombed today Fatima Zahra Primary School in east Mosul flowers area, killing 28 pupils and wounding five Oolah.ooodh others in the outcome, "he was the transfer of the victims to nearby hospitals."

16. Tulf

Thought I'd post this for anyone that wants to see it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74HBrrFnIc[/ame]

Jesse looks completely traumatised.

17. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Im generally on the liberal side when it comes to the law and justice etc, but i hope they use every means possible, legal or otherwise, to get completely inside this * head to find out everything he knows.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35852159

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You think they should use illegal means to extract information from a man who at this moment is still innocent?

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Honestly, yes.
    It goes against the grain for me to say this, but i really dont care about due process etc in this case. I trust that those in the know know exactly what he has done, and that he is guilty of multiple crimes.

In reality, i know he will be treated well, get a good lawyer, and be given all the luxuries that the law allows, and i know that is right, but sometimes you just think, * it.......screw him!

20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    With the greatest will in the world MGM this is ridiculous and completely irrational.

Why should this case be any different to numerous miscarriages of justice that have happened across the world before ?

I am not saying the guy is innocent. I have no idea but neither do you.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you are genuine but that doesn't make any sense.