1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ronny vs Lenny: Second Season Stats

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Roy's Keane, Oct 29, 2015.

Discuss Ronny vs Lenny: Second Season Stats in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Not for me.

I * despsise these silly comparison threads.

Lennon left......walked out the door.

Deila is here, and is still here until he goes out the door as well - whenever that may be!

2. Fanny Chmelar

I tend to agree with you.

I think the real point here is Lennon was given time so should Ronny.

3. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Compared to Lennon signing:

Mulgrew, Cha, Ledley, Murphy, Juarez, Hooper, Kayal, Majstorovic, Izaguirre, Forster, Stokes, Kapo, Ljungberg, Watt, Commons, K. Wilson, Matthews, McGeouch, Wanyama, Forster (again), Bangura, El Kaddouri, Blackman, Lustig, Ibrahim, Brozek.

4. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Which do you prefer a bacon sandwich or Game of Thrones?

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Take it that's got Lenny's January in there as well? Sure Lustig came in, in January.

Hit and miss both of them, some absolute knock out the park hits from Lenny and shocking misses as well. Ronny's outside of Gordon and Denayer isn't anything really exciting. Can add Guidetti in there as well maybe.

6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah the last 4 in the Lennon list were signed in January.

Though Lennon did have misses, he brought in some star players and some solid performers. Deila's purchases look much poorer, by comparison. Of his signings only Gordon and Denayer have stood out, though there is still plenty of time for a few to make their mark.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lenny had his time as an interim manager to * exacty what we need and a prolonged time where he knew he would be manager, along with a relationship already built up with John Park. Deila gets a by the first summer from me, he had loans mostly and that was that. I think January onwards was his top targets.

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    How much money did Lennon get in his first window to spend?

Out of interest.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Not too much, was about £7m odd from the McGeady and Boruc's sale.

If I remember right the team that beat Ramgers 2-0 at Ibrox cost less to assemble than Kyle Lafferty :smiley-laughing002:

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Just checked and according to the tree of knowledge Wikipedia he spent £10.2m. Not bad considering what he had to turn around. Joe Ledley for free was a real coup, even if he was on around £25k or so.

Deila spent £4m or so, with £2.2m coming in January and brought in £12m.

11. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

This is all that needs to be said really. :50:

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    The only reason that the give him time brigade are not putting him under the microscope is because they have personally invested in him in the sense that they backed him without question and they are afraid that it will reflect poorly on their own judgment i.e. it's a pride thing.

Is keeping him around the best thing for our club? Honestly though is it? We cannot continue to risk our only chance of growth because the manager is poor tactically. Being poor tactically is simply not acceptable especially considering he never learns his lesson. The amount of leads we squandered in Europe is shocking. The man doesn't want to learn how to play tight. He simply doesn't therefore he is of no use to Celtic football club. The most important games of our season are banana skins at the start and to bring glory we need to punch above our weight against better sides. We will never ever do this for as long as he continues with his system. Thats the crux of it.

13. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Our accounts had it at £7m odds I think, that £10m figure always includes Juarez at about £4m which Lenny and the board always laughed at.

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Irony.
    Have we won the last couple of games?
    Have you not had a * yet?

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nah, it's not that at all. The guy gave me hope, hope that given several years he could make us relevant in Europe again. Go toe to toe with good teams and win. Judging by the "Ronny Roar" and the feel-good factor around the club going into last summer, I wasn't the only one.

In the light of the last few months I can see the possibility he can't walk the walk the way he talks the talk, of course I can; but I want to give him time because I don't want to give that hope up until I'm maybe 80% sure Ronny can't deliver and right now I feel 50/50.

As I say, I'd give him until next May.

16. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    And how would you know that Deila's future will be based on how he does in Europe this season? :smiley-laughing002:

Did Lenny's future get decided in his second season when he got knocked out on the EL Qualifiers by Sion, re-instated and then never got out of the groups (with one win in 6)?

It's a preposterous presumption with no logical basis - why would you say that?

17. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady

That's a reasonable point of view. I can see that the CL money is the only way to keep the party going. It's importance cannot be overstated. Going forward we should see a failure to qualify twice in 5 years as unacceptable. A * up once every 5 years should be viewed as one of those things. Accessing this cash is the only way for our club to grow, no amount of giving a man time, fancy talk, or playing youngsers will change this. I think keeping him on is negligence in the sense that we are risking what we need most.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Because of where we as a club, we need a manager who can get us into Europe. When Lenny was here we needed a manager who could break the Huns dominance then after their demise it was Champions League again.

Two completely different times, just because Lenny got time fighting on two fronts doesn't mean Deila will if he fails on his one.

19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We need to stick with Ronny . He has a long term plan and we need to at least see if he can take us to the next level - investing time and money into a young, innovative European manager with potential was (and still is) the only way this club will ever reach a higher level . The alternative is depressing - sack Ronny and we are back to square one - bringing in a British manager like Owen Coyle to play long ball 4-4-2 with average , experienced pros that will do nothing in Europe and swap titles with the huns year after year. Boring . We need innovation and that takes patience . Let somebody with fresh ideas build something new.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coyle didn't play 442 did he?