1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. 4-4-2

Nope he'll be pushing for game time come end January and you can still provide medical treatment if he's on loan to other club anyway.

2. wulliebad

You can,but celtic wanted him back at the club.

3. Mr Diggler

Another number 10, how many is that now we have honestly. We have commons, johansen, rogic, McGregor, allan any more? Suppose Armstrong but hes being used on the wing- I really don't know why we buy so many attacking midfielders we are so bloated in that area surely the young man would be better at caley till the end of the season.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Still think Johansen could be out the door.

5. gerry_bhoy

Very much doubt it. Default starter for atleast another season after this.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Wasn't his loan deal until the end of the season with an option to recall at any time? He'll be fit in a month or so. He'll definitely be missing out on game time, but not because of injuries.

We could've looked after him during his loan spell. I'm pretty sure most of our youngsters on loan who are injured will receive medical advice from our staff. We could've easily demanded to look after Christie's injury fully with the threat of acting on our recall option.

Stupid move from Deila. Yet again. He'll have as much game time as Allan.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully.

8. shendr18

I wonder If this is about getting him up for speed for the champions league qualifiers
    Up his training and level otherwise we will have a Inverness caley standard player for champions league

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Interview with him in this weeks Celtic View

RYAN Christie admits that attending Celtic games regularly in recent weeks has simply whetted his appetite to get out on the pitch and play in front of the Hoops faithful.
    The 20-year-old – whose Dad, Charlie was also on Celtic’s books in the 1980s - grew up as a fan of the club and managed to take in a number of games in Paradise, despite his football commitments, and his visits included the stunning 2-1 win over Barcelona in 2012.
    And it was a dream come true for last season’s Scottish Football Writers’ Young Player of the Year when he signed a four-year deal with the Scottish champions on September 1.
    The attacking midfielder was immediately loaned back to previous employers, Inverness Caley Thistle on a season-long loan, though the Hoops had the option of recalling him in January.
    On sustaining an injury while playing for the Highlanders against Motherwell in November, he headed to Lennoxtown to begin his recovery and rehab.
    Although he couldn’t play for Ronny Deila’s side, it allowed him to watch his new team-mates in action on a regular basis in domestic and European competition.
    And his excitement is palpable now that he knows he will soon have the chance to link up with them on the field, with the club electing to exercise their option to end his temporary move to the Caley Jags.
    Speaking exclusively to this week’s Celtic View, he said: “I found myself singing along under my breath when I was at a few of the games.
    “The fan-base down here is pretty incredible and even walking through the town I have been noticed a few times which is quite surprising to be fair but good. I can’t wait to get out there and hopefully make an impact.
    “I was at the Ajax game with my girlfriend and she was pretty amazed at the atmosphere. She has only been to Inverness games before so she was pretty taken aback by it as well. Just hearing the fans makes you more desperate to get out there in front of them.
    “It’s definitely pleasing as it’s a chance to come in and hit the ground running hopefully. If we manage to stretch away from Aberdeen, it might give me more of a chance to get involved with the team between now and the end of the season. It’s given me a right good chance to get some game-time for Celtic.
    “When I first signed back in the summer, because I was back up in Inverness the next day, it was like it had never really happened after a few months had gone by.
    “But now that I am down and in with the team, I feel part of the changing room now. I have been at a couple of games and watched the boys play.
    “I was at the Ajax game and that was pretty incredible and I could imagine it must be an amazing feeling playing in front of that many people. I’m just desperate to get out there now.
    “It’s a new challenge going into the New Year. I’ve a good year in football over the past 12 months and I’m looking to replicate that in 2016.”

10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Whats his injury situation?

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

should be back in the next few weeks I think

12. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Superb. Cheers crow. Looking forward to seeing if this bhoy can make the step up.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

looking forward to seeing what he can do myself.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

His style of play is exciting, same as Allan's.

Be good to see both get games now with the team lacking a spark.

15. JoeDan67

Set to get worse if he comes to us whilst Ronny is still here

16. Dáibhí

I know all the chat has been about Allan in recent times, but this is the signing I'm most excited to see. I've got high hopes that this lad can make a real impact with us.

17. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I think Christie has the potential to be the spark for us we need.

18. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Would like to see this or next season

Gordon

Janko
    Jozo
    New signing
    Tierney

Brown
    Biton/Armstrong when Biton leaves

Mcgeady(if signs)/Forrest
    Allan
    Christie/gms

Thumb

19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley

Yep, hope this is how it pans out .

20. celtic20

Sounds like he has a great attitude - and I think the speed of his development is a sign of that.

Always been impressed when I've seen Christie play for Caley, and a team with both him and Allan in it would really energise our attacking play in my opinion.....in fact the idea of the two of them in the same team REALLY excites me!