1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Brendan obviously thinks he's one that he can genuinely work on. We actually don't have too much width and I can understand the thinking in keeping him around fighting it out with whoever is on the left and Roberts..

I'm done with him though. A good player on his day, but with an appalling attitude and zero desire or commitment, which the latter should've seen him punted alone..

He should and could've been a player we relied on to dig us out of hole's and make something happen, but he's not..

2. Buster

lf he's got to stay make the wee * get his hair cropped so he doesn't keep running his hands through it............does my * in

3. Seosamh Máirtín

Love it. I was one of the few that wanted him to remain. Hopefully Jamesy can seize this last opportunity and really leave a big impact, either impressing the fans and giving back something before moving on or helping earn himself a new contract with us. Both would be better than seeing him leave on a sour note and for a cut deal.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I've always wondered this as well.

Seen loads of lassies going on about him...James Forrest ffs. :smiley-laughing002:

5. z1c0

He's not an average footballer by any means, technically he is completely sound and possibly has the best first touch in the entire team - speaks volumes he was our target man in Europe this season as he's the only player the ball would stick to.

Forrest has tons of ability and potential, if Brendan can sort his mentality then we'll have a proper player. The issues Forrest has as mostly mental and I'm pretty confident Brendan will sort them out.

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He definitely does have an excellent first touch. That's not even debatable in my opinion..

7. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    He's obviously got the talent and he's been more consistent as his fitness seems to have been sorted. Thanks to Ronny. But he still needs to improve his delivery and attitude, everything else is fine and I'd be happy if BR wanted to give him a chance but also wouldn't be too bothered if we sold him on. Wish him well whatever happens.

8. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'll honestly be very surprised if Rodgers can sort out his poor attitude. It seems ingrained.

I hope he does, because it has severely hindered his career.

The worry I have is we offer him a good contract, he doesn't change, and we are left with him whilst paying him handsomely.

I'd much prefer he left as he was a disgrace with his attitude. He should remember who he is playing for and who was paying to watch him.

9. terrasidius Sonic Attack Orchestrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Lambo, Larsson, Sutton, Nakamura, Rogic, Virgil, Dembele, Turnbull, Jota & Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG, Grace, Celtic Symphony, Orchestrated Sonic Attack
    Those are good points. Think we should maybe just sell him on. Again though, I hope he does well and sorts himself out if he does move on.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He hasn't played 20 games in the league over a season in 5 years. He's 25 in a month. He's never achieved over 10 assists or 10 goals in a season. Got 2 of each in 30 odd appearances last season when he was supposedly 'back to fitness' for the first time in a couple year.

He had potential at one point, that's undeniable. However I'm a bit tired of seeing 'if he can get his fitness back', 'IF he can sort his self out'...if this and if that. There are too many 'ifs' surrounding him and there always has been.

As I said on the last page, there's not much risk with giving him ANOTHER 6 months. However I still believe we could, in fact CAN do so much better.

11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:
    Yeah, do a Samson and Delilah on him.
    That will solve evryone's problems.:icon_mrgreen:

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Forrest has an effort percentage about the same as the TC Monthly Donation Goal..

Sits around 5% occasionally makes it up 20%..

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The problem with James Forrest isn't just his fitness or his attitude, it's also that he's simply not that good. His decision making is terrible and he's easily stifled even at SPFL level.

Wether he's given another 6 months or leaves this summer is pretty much irrelevant, he has pretty much no value in the transfer market just now anyway.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Too true :smiley-laughing002:

It wouldn't be so bad if he was a major talent, but he's just not. A very average player with a generally * approach to playing the game.

15. D'Ecosse

I think if anyone comes in with any kind of 'reasonable' offer, Celtic will move him on.
    You might expect someone like Owen Coyle to make a move - how about as a make-weight in Shane Duffy deal?

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He certainly shouldn't be getting 4 years.

2 year deal would be enough.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We can do better without a doubt.

He's not a bad back up though.

18. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    punt, punt, punt

19. Shaun

On his day a player we need.
    But he is very seldom 'On his day' these days.
    He was 1 from many who Ronny did not get on with, or they refused to do what the manager was asking. There were around 5 players totally dismissive of Ronny’s ways.

If Brendan can just get Forrest to play at his highest level, I am sure, in-fact positive the fans can and will love Forrest again. Rodgers approach will have the same effect Ronny's did. Some will flourish; some will slip away to nothing. Under Ronny Rogic, TC, Griffiths and a few others came to the fore, got better. Some stayed the same, some went backwards.
    All I do know is BRENDAN DOES NOT * AROUND.
    You either toe the line or you go train with the Woman’s team or kid’s team.
    Rodgers is a BRILLIANT MANAGER; he can get the best out of ordinary and create better. The players just need to be honest and work hard. Sadly or thank *!! Several will leave, but I suspect the players that will leave have terrible attitudes. So this is Rodgers turning the coin around with Forrest.
    None of this "Will Forrest stay"
    No, it's not "You got 6 Months to prove to me you want to be a Celtic legend"
    This is what Rodgers brings my fellow Celtic family. Forrest best TRY HARDER...
    The way a handful of players reacted to Ronny was wrong. Rodgers will know what players downed tolls and will have hawks eye on them, but if they react well, he will give them the chance.

Fair?
    HH
    Hope you all had a good Sunday

:shamrock:

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Not bad but I don't think his attitude is up for being a starter never mind second fiddle.

It might be time to cut our losses. However if BR wants to give him a shot then fair enough. 6 months and no more would be my view though, think that is generous even at that.