1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    He needs a heart transplant. Biggest shitebag I've ever saw play the game professionally. If he had more commitment he could be excellent for us.

2. Cmcgregor90

So what if we Don't have much for the right side then we should weaken it more aye ?

3. raymo67

He has pace but never uses it he runs into the defender rather than go past him then goes to ground and waves his hands in the air wanting a free kick and stays on the ground for quite a while doing it he is incredibly frustrating just like Sammy was we know he has the ability but rarely shows it when he does tho he can be unplayable for other teams.

I wouldnt start him over GMS or armstrong & if dnt see improvement or cant keep fit I would defo sell him next summer could prob et around 4 million for him coz teams nowadays buy players on reputation & Forrest has a good reputation apart from celtic fans.

4. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He hides too much for me to in games to be effective. It's night and day between him and GMS as to how a winger should play. Forrest seems down on confidence and no longer looks to take players on. His go to move is cutting inside, running across goal and firing a left foot shot a million miles wide.

Ronny believes in him though and sees a player in there somewhere, so hopefully he finds it this season. I think the time to sell him has past and we would only be looking at around 2 million for him, so for that price we may aswell keep him and hope something good comes of it.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Celtic's version of Pedro for Barcelona.

He won't be a starting 11 player, but is very good for the bench, coming off for impact and providing a bit of depth and quality when he is fit.
    Wouldn't be in any rush to move him on - but neither in a rush to sign him on to long term high wage contract. Happy with 10k a week for the rest of your career James? Good, sign on.

6. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Waste off a jersey

Bin

7. RockhardBoss

I think he's a good player that is needing a good run of match fitness to see him at his best.
    I certainly wouldn't see him sold as he's really useful against tired legs even when trying to find his match fitness.

8. Elephant Stone

Is his contract up next summer?

Wouldn't be surprised if he has yet another painfully mediocre season and is released on a free transfer in 2016.

I can't imagine we'd miss him at all, or ever come to regret letting him go.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    How could we make it anymore weaker than by sticking by a player who doesn't track back or chucks it so often during a game, we should be looking at replacing him im saying as he's had numerous chances and hasn't improved

10. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think that Delia obviously thinks more of him than a lot of the fans.. Hopefully he'll get a good run of games and stay injury free. It was only a few years ago, the same people who want rid, were calling him the next big thing.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He needs a sports psychologist.

Clearly talented but with the most dreadful attitude I have ever seen on a football pitch. Walks about like the World owes him a living. Massive shame if he were to throw it all away, he'll regret it for the rest of his life.

12. oh bhoy

He was really good a couple of years ago when he just burned down the wing and got crosses in ,since he's started this pish of cutting inside his game has got worse.should stick to what he's good at

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can't argue against people saying he has a bad attitude but perhaps there are some underlying reasons for it that we can't see. Injury problems stretching over 4 years have clearly, in my view, seriously affected his confidence. Anyone who has played sports knows that no matter how much you try, sometimes it just takes a large amount of time until you start producing anywhere near your best on a consistent basis again. Then again, if his attitude is as poor as many of you have said, then it perhaps isn't surprising and the level of frustration shown towards him is understandable.

It might be in his and Celtic's best interests if we sold him and he sought a fresh challenge at a new club, hopefully with a manager that can get him to consistently show the attacking abilities that we know he has.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He has been playing well since the new year. Forty five minutes in a friendly isn't going to change my mind on that.

He was * honking the other day though. For someone who has genuine competition for his place he didn't seem to be bursting a gut to impress, especially as his competition was on the pitch at the same time and outshining him.

Big season for him, he needs to show a lot more.

15. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Got faith in him still young needs to get over the injuries this season is super important with his future at celtic

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I like Forrest but he isn't young anymore and has been nearly a year injury free.

This is his season to impress. If he isn't doing the business by January I would be looking to offload him.

17. 4-4-2

Fed up hearing "He'll be great once clear of injuries"........this has been the same line for 2-3 seasons and it's still being rolled out.

Reasonable bid and accept, but why anyone would unless he puts in 1-2 consistent seasons without breaking down after 3 games would be taking ridiculous risk.

18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wouldn't agree with that, at least about being a shitebag.
    I just think he needs to get his mind straight.
    He is obviously letting the fact of so many injuries affecting him that he is pulling away from tackles and it's affecting his overall game.
    If he can sort his mindset out then i believe he can be a much more committed and therefore much better player for us.
    He just doesn't have much time to do this.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

But he is clear of injuries now. He hasn't been clear of them for the last 3 years.

Now he is. almost a year now.

This is his year to kick on. We would get peanuts for him anyway, as well keeping him and see if he can fulfill the potential EVERYONE thought he had back in the day.

20. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Never mind fitness and work rate , guy needs to work on the very basics of the game . Won't come good here , or anywhere for that matter . Will bounce around the championship and league 1 for the next 6 or 7 years before joining Aberdeen .