1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Callum McGregor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by greengrocer, Jul 5, 2014.

Discuss Callum McGregor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Wee interview in today's papers.
    Done really well last season at notts county and looking to make an impact this season.

Hope he does do well as he's been impressive and appears real eager to make it at Celtic.

2. Harry Caray

Looks a top young player, can't wait to see more of him in action!

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He could be our next youth player to make an impact now, would 100% give him game time this season.

4. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Id bring him into the first team squad like Henderson was last season

5. robbo1888

Hope to see a lot of this boy this season. McGregor and Henderson should do well with Deila in charge.

6. pokerbhoy74

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPXVDl4FUcA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPXVDl4FUcA[/ame]

7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

whats that league 1 ?

looks a terrific wee player and scored a couple there with his right foot aswell

did notts county make an offer for him ?

if scotland is now producing technical players the game has to protect them refs have to clamp down on slide tackles and rough house tactics as these are their young careers and they want to go on and make some dough and hopefully get scotland to a finals again
    time to end scotlands over physical game

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
  8. ulsterscot

Hope he does, he looks like a goodstrong prospect . A few young ones breaking through would be great

9. Seosamh Máirtín

Lilac Wine likes this.
  10. gerry_bhoy

Loan will have worked wonders for him. He will have to hit the ground running though.

At 21 he isn't exactly a youngster. We seem to be the only country that finds it normal to have players making their break through season at 21.

Maybe he wasn't ready or maybe it was our unwillingness to give our own prospects a shot.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I know what you mean. Players at his age shouldn't be considered a young prospect etc. You have to think, if he's any good he would have had a shot by now.

Whatever the case, I'm excited to see more of him. He had a great first half of the season with Notts County and he took his goal well the other night.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

well when was the last young midfielder striker through the youth setup that has been consistently given a shot and i dont mean winger

we dont want to blood them and keep them in the team, i guess that is cause as a club we demand success, instant success and young players tend to be inconsistent

thats what i think it is

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Liam Henderson has had a fair few games to be fair and he's only 18.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

maybe because we are gonna be going through a downsizing phaze though

it was only last season he was brought through and he didnt play that many games did he, did he get a medal ?

look im no bashing the club we all know why this happened it was the billy big bollocks loads of money deid * over the water that took us all and i mean all the clubs down the money buying players route and we all underinvested in youth and then even when they were decent never gave them the shot at it

but this looks as if its gonna change and i can only hope the whole of scotland changes its outlook of what football is and that is its a technical skill game not a physical strength hard tackling game

well at least thats the way the rest of the worlds football nations play it

15. ulsterscot

Notts County making an offer for him, although nice to get I suppose wouldn't mean a lot as he would have to play at a higher standard to be any good for us
    I hope he can and does .

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    McGregor is a perfect example as to why the loaning of youngsters is such a positive thing, on the whole..

More complete player with confidence as he says above but if he doesn't make it we are in a position where because of his performances on loan, that we could easily get over a million if it didnt work out here..
    He very well may make it here, i 'm not sure in all honesty myself but for a long spell every player who didn't cut the mustard was being released and we were getting fuckall..

Hopefully he makes it but if he doesn't then i would like us to start cashing in on our young talents..

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Will be interesting to see how he does, he has the ability but has a lack of pace but its not really stopped Commons from becoming a decent player.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep, if you don't watch him closely you'd think he was rapid but he's not, he just has an incredible knack of timing his runs in to the box and getting on the end of balls/crosses..
    Great trait to have and he can't have finish..

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Just watched that wee montage of his goals......and i have to say im very impressed.

For him to score 14 goals in 40 matches from midfield...in Lge 1, in a team that finished 20th, i think is remarkable! Not only that, but for all of his goals he looked so composed, and slotted them in with both left and right feet!

I think he is a player, based on that evidence!

20. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    I'm hoping we see lots of him through the season. I was excited about getting him back after his successful loan spell and can't wait to see how well he can do in the hoops.