1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Dáibhí

Aye, as I said, I think that's the eventual plan. I still don't see Forster leaving this summer unless we get a great offer for him, and a fully fit in form Gordon would be a sufficient replacement for a few years at least.

2. OsLeõesDeLisboa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael Lustig
    I think that makes a of of sense. :50:

3. PaddyJamieson

He's been training with us for a while now and Woods and the team have had a lot of time to assess his fitness and current ability. If they trust him, I trust him. Welcome to Celtic, big man.

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm not exactly thrilled with this tbh. Either he's been signed to replace Forster, in which case I'd rather keep Forster; or he's been signed to replace Zaluska as second choice, which is a terrible slap in the face for Zaluska.

Granted a fit Gordon is a much better keeper than Zaluska will ever be and so would be a good signing in an important sense, but I don't like to see our club treating its loyal servants this way. I know it's the modern game, but if all that "more than a club" stuff isn't all a load of p***, we can't treat our employees like this.

Mind you, this is the same board that reckons we can't afford to pay some of our staff a living wage.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Forster is going nowhere this season.

We have him contracted for long enough, and we will not sell him until we receive an offer that equals or beats the Wanyama transfer fee - and the only way we will be able to ask that is if he performs to his best in this year's CL group stages.

Trust me :86:

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Zaluska is getting to his latter stages of his career - he probably wants to go baxk to Poland and play first team football.

I don't know what it's like fo footballers, but any Pole i've worked with always wants to go back home eventually to live.

7. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    This is a pure sevcoesq signing :smiley-laughing002:

Welcome anyway Craig, everyone deserves a chance!

8. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Happy to have him as back up, not sure how comfortable I'd be with him as first choice if Fraser left though. As Padmill said, if we can keep him fit and bring back his best then he's a great signing, trouble is even if we get him fully fit, there's no guarantee that he'll be back to his peak.

9. OsLeõesDeLisboa

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael Lustig
    I don't think the club would be so careless. I know the board are financially prudent but they're a bit more risk averse than that.

I think Dáibhí's got the right idea. If not Forster, I'd imagine we'll have another decent keeper lined up who is less of a gamble than Gordon, until he's proven he can play consistently week in, week out.

Hopefully we won't have to find out.

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Its a good deal i think. In addition if Gordon can get to the form he showed with Hearts then he could actually challenge Forster for the No.1 role, as able a deputy as Zaluska is Forster knows fine well he will never be challenged by him.

By having Gordon there hopefully it can make Fraser work harder in order to remain No.1, real competition in the goalkeeping department is something we lack.

11. Farmer

Goalkeepers seem to get better with age so with any luck this will be a fruitful signing.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's a really good point. I'm that used to the idea of Forster going to England that I tend to overlook what a good thing working with an experienced, top quality keeper like Gordon could be for Forster's development, which either means an even better Forster for us a year or two from now, or (more likely) more money when we sell him.

13. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay
    Saying that auld Craig CAN come out and collect the baw.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

I have to be honest, I can't remember the last time the evil dead ever had a bad goalkeeper? As long as I can remember they've mostly trounced us in that area.

I agree mate, that's just what I think others are thinking.

If Zaluska goes, you've excellent cover for Forster in Gordon.

Don't forget, the mN has underwent coaching badge training, and has been on the coaching staff at Dumbarton during his "hiatus" from playing - he sure be more than capable of using his wealth of experience and now knowledge to assist Forster and mainly Celtic - could also be a great mentor for young Fasan.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

I know that Markybhoy will be absolutely delighted with this :50:

[​IMG]

16. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wouldn't be surprised if Celtic leave Stevie Woods in charge of assessing and signing goalkeepers. I know Motherwell do this with Gordon Marshall. He'll know more about them than any other parts of the coaching team.

If he thinks Gordon is fit enough I trust him.

17. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Great signing IMHO. On his day better than big Fraser, but having the time to help out big FF and hopefully take over the no1 shirt permanently. Also good for the National team if he does. Win Win Win.

18. Higgie

He was potentially world class at one point. If he can get back to this sort of form this will turn out to be an amazing piece of business so here's hoping. Welcome to Celtic Craig.

19. Kiko 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson - Lubo - McStay

20. scomur1888

Won't get a better free signing than this.

Welcome Craig.