1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holidays!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Div, Jun 25, 2014.

Discuss Holidays! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Barry Robson

Yes. You tour round it at your own pace, i have spent many of hours inside it, cracking stadium

2. stew37

I'd say checking out hotel reviews before booking is pretty logical.

Booked up for Amsterdam next month and possibly going to Ibiza in September.

3. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    Just got back from Turkey. Holiday blues hard.

4. Sonny7

Take some blues to beat the blues:50:

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye. But if you're going for a game it's quite expensive to get a seat anywhere other than the * seats high up.

I'm off to Singapore for three weeks at the end of August. * buzzing. Going to do a day trip into Malaysia and one into Indonesia while I'm there.

6. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

No games,it's next week I'm going.

Enjoy Singapore,my mate used to live there,loved it.

7. Barry Robson

Depends which game you go to, if it's a one off on holiday and seeing Messi etc i don't think it's that dear. It's 44 euro for the Gampar game vs Roma next week, 45 euro for the Bilbao supercup game and that's behind the goal, not far higher than the bar

Most i paid was 89 euro for an El Classico and cheapest was 34 euro against Atletico Madrid. Same seats, just above the bar in the North stand. Both were supercup games, el classico league game is crazy money. Been to Villareal and few other league games too, cost was between 38 euro - 55 euro. Thats decent considering the players and football on show.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Save up. Vegas is * extortionate.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cheers, enjoy Barcelona. Lots of good restaurants, especially if you like seafood.

I tend to find that any seats with a decent view are upwards of 80 Euros. Haven't been over for a few years though. Will need to check next time I go.

10. Barry Robson

I get my tickets from the Barcelona website, cheaper than the viagogo etc. You can use your smartphone now to get the ticket then just scan the code from your phone at the turnstyle

That's the usual view i have at the games i go to:

[​IMG]

11. Onefootwonder

Singapore was really enjoyable. Went out there for a holiday when the Formula 1 was on. It took over the place and things going on everywhere.

It's unbelievably hot all the time. Even at night time it's very hot and humid.

£8-9 a beer is quite hard going though. :smiley-laughing002:

Where in Indonesia? We flew out to Bali from Singapore. We had a lovely villa in Seminyak , but neither of us really enjoyed Bali. We thought it would be calm, relaxing and romantic. It's anything but that.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye it was direct from Barcelona that I got mine from too. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention.

Aye, I'm braced for the heat. Was just in Nice and Corsica for hiking and it was 30+ every day we were there.

Did you try a Singapore Sling? Read about it and it's supposed to be quite nice.

It was actually Bali I was thinking about, was it just really busy and crowded then?

13. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Just clocked that they have a game next week.

I wonder would they do stadium tours on a match day and how would I get back to Salou after a night time match.

14. Barry Robson

They do tours on match day, but it's only the museum and panoramic view area. Stadium and changing rooms etc are closed

Not sure about getting back to Salou, i would imagine it would be difficult though. I just stay local when over
    -------------------------------------------------
    JOAN GAMPER TROPHY MATCH FC Barcelona-Roma:
    Next Wednesday 5 August and due to the Joan Gamper Trophy match between FC Barcelona and AS Roma, the areas of the Camp Nou Experience that can be visited and the opening times are as follows:
    - Museum + Panoramic view of stadium: open from 9.30 to 19.00 (entry until 18.45).
    - Museum: open from 19.00 to 20.30 (entry until 20.15).
    - Theother spaces will be closed all day.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  15. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers.

Think I'd want to see the changing rooms and whatever else if I was doing the tour with the child.

Might just give the match a miss.

16. Onefootwonder

We went to Raffles Bar for our slings. They were good, but like all alcohol in Singapore, expensive. You do get free peanuts and throw the shells on the floor which seems odd.

Bali is mental. Kuta is the busy resort with all the younger ones going for nightlife. We settled for Seminyak so we could travel up and down Bali.

Denpasar airport is just a dump. The place was revolting and it genuinely made people feel sick. Workers had masks on.

It was slow to get in as you have to buy a visa and pay for it using American Dollars. You also have to pay to leave, but that's local currency.

You'll need a taxi from the airport and they all try to rip you off. The currency is a bit confusing as there is so many to the pound. You now get 19,200 Rupiah to the pound. I'm sure we were 15,700.

The driving is mental. It'll scare the life out of you just how much risks they take. There is scooters everywhere, so get used to the smell of two stroke oil. There is roadside stalls everywhere selling the petrol in vodka bottles.

You'll get absolutely no peace and quiet once you leave your hotel. Every single taxi driver will follow you and honk their horn and try to convince you to get in, even when there is a queue of them. People will be forcing scratch cards in your face all day, or trying to get you to go somewhere. Even at the beach all the gypsies will be trying to sell you watches, hats, sun glasses and kites.

We really got fed up of the harrasment as it was relentless.

The beaches weren't that nice. Loads of areas that you are told to stay off due to raw sewage.

The shops are awful. Everything is counterfeit.

The main streets don't even have paths to walk. They are all broken up with open manhole covers and the likes. It must have been years since any maintenance was done.

The food was tremendous though. We had some really good meals that were as good as anywhere. A few times the bill for dinner was over one million Rupiah.

Service was always really good, but you often realise how desperate these people are. I gave the Butler at our villas a note I had for helping us in with our suitcases. It was about £10 and the guy almost * his pants.

Turns out they are paid absolute peanuts and the Australians, they make up most of the tourists, are against tipping them.

The average wage is about £60-70 per month.

I just felt a bit guilty that people live a life of luxury and treat them as very second class. It is cheap for us, but prices of most things are way out of the locals reach. A few streets back they are eating rice in ramshackle huts for a few Pence.

I had visions of Bali being classy, relaxed and romantic. It was the complete opposite of what I had pictured.

There is loads of nice hotels and private villas, but outside on the streets is a mess in most places.

Some people really love Bali, I just couldn't understand why.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  17. celts67

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wow, sounds even more busy and mental than Chennai, and I didn't think that was possible. Will maybe think twice about going to Bali.

19. BelfastTim

Heading to Ibiza next month, can't wait wanted to go for years. Anyone been mid to late September?

20. The Celtic Way

im just back last week, imo the place is going down hill, defo try stay through bora bora end, san antonio is getting worse each year.