1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holidays!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Div, Jun 25, 2014.

Discuss Holidays! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Short break to see Neil Young in Cork in July. Proper holiday in US, going to Washington then driving through New York, Martha's Vinyard, Boston, Portland then onto Quebec to see aunt.

2. KingArtur'1

Going to sunny beach in bulgaria next friday for a fortnight 6th time going there absolute brilliant holiday cheap as chips to eat and drink out everynight aswell as being redhot cant beat a pint at 40/50 pence top munch at a restaurant for about £5 would def recommend sunny beach:50:

3. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Anything for kids to do ?

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Heading to France and Brittany later this summer. Going to base myself out of Paris in France and Dinan in Brittany and then take some side trips from there.

5. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Greece is beautiful and a great holiday.

I would stay clear of Bulgaria. Its cheap and nasty. The weather can be a hit and a miss aswell. Not to mention that it can be cheap yes, however for some things it is just extortionate. The stores all charge the exact same for goods aswell. The only 'cheap' goods you will get are Bulgarian or Eastern European foods. Cola and what not is double the cost of home. The stall owners do not haggle either - its one cost or nothing at all - they would rather receive no money than just a bit less than asking value (unlike Spain, Turkey, Portugal where haggling etc).

6. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Really? Me and my girlfriend thought it was atrocious. For the same reasons I told Sonny.

The local goods (foods, drink, beer) are cheap but anything else is extortionate. A jaegerbomb costs £6! Cola costs about £3 a bottle. The stores charge the same for everything - there is absolutely no competition.

The illegal money venders at the side of the streets aswell, the guys who walk about trying to scam you - they are everywhere. It is such a seedy area. Food is disgusting and anything decent is costly.

The hotel re told us that the area is just ran by criminals and therefore everything is a bit shady and you have to watch out. She had been telling Thomas Cook to get rid of Victorias palace from their brochure because of how bad it was - it was!

You get charged to use toilets aswell which is mental. They just seem like they want money for everything and anything. They seem to think that westerners are loaded so they can charge anything.

The bar tenders doing you out of money aswell is annoying.
    Maybe it depends on what kind of holidayer you are. :smiley-laughing002:

7. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Only after book a caravan in Craig Tara in ayr for a week in August for the wife and kids.

Haven't booked the stena line yet. 305 pound for us and the car seems expensive but has to be paid.

What's that Craig Tara site like?

8. Kieran1967

Got 2 weeks in Ibiza to look forward to in august, can't wait :icon_mrgreen:

9. Sonny7

A booked yesterday for a week away in Majorca leaving in 2nd of August. Me my daughter & misses.

10. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was in Krakow for long weekend couple weeks back. Krakow again in October then Croatia next summer

11. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Should be booking 10 days to California within the week, keeping an eye on the prices on Skyscanner and will book when i see the next fall in prices.

12. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Uncle's got an empty summer house in France; managed to get a return flight for £75. Going over for a week with my girlfriend, brother and his bird, sister and her boyfriend.

13. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Going to Malta next week. Anyone been there before and know anything worth seeing or doing there?

Callum McGregor likes this.
  14. KennyBhoy87

Been to Malta about 4 years ago, was absolutely fantastic!

Wandering about Valetta is great, really interesting city. Also took a boat up to the Blue Lagoon at the north of the island, fantastic for a day out snorkelling there, think it was at Comino or something like that? Apparantly Gozo really nice too but never got that far.

Beaches are beautiful, recommend Mellieha particularly. We stayed in St Pauls bay, as cheapest at the time, but was a good base to get out and about. Enjoy!

15. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Depends where in Bulgaria you go. Sunny Beach and the like may be like that but if you head north to near the Romanian border it is cheap but not nasty. Albena is the resort I went to. My auntie has been going there since the mid 80s and swears by it

16. Celticswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Cheers mate! Might check some of those things out. :50:

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Heading Magaluf tomorrow week for 7 nights, 10 of us going, can't wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  18. C2911

Going to Germany in August for 4 nights. Staying in Düsseldorf, going to the SuperCup in Dortmund on the 13th, and checking out Cologne for a day while I'm there. Then I'm flying on to Rome for 4 nights since the flight was only £20, and it was cheaper to fly back here from Rome. And I've always fancied going. Should be good. Just 6 weeks to wait I think.

19. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just got back from Croatia, the Dalmatian Coast is fantastic, particularly the wee villages where you practically have your own private beach.

No longer the cheap destination it used to be but still well worth going to and overall far superior to anything in Spain or the usual places Thomsons, Thomas Cook push

20. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tell me this is a wind up......please :31: