1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time for Lennon to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Feb 8, 2014.

Discuss Is it time for Lennon to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Stop looking for an argument, I said I have dropped it...I have no interest in what you say

2. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    1-0 playing good football that gets supporters (that goto the games like me) off their * will be suffice

3. molloy1888

+1

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Did anyone think at the start of the season that we might not win the league?

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Could probably count the games on two hands. I can't remember what games as I am not blessed with the best of memories, will need to look at the list of games etc :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::icon_mrgreen:

Scottish fitba is not the problem mate. I've watched numerous games outwith Celtic and found the level of football on display actually pretty decent. I'll be honest, there's only been maybe a handful of games I've been very disappointed watching Celtic this season.

I'll be honest, the more I think about it I do believe that the board are possibly "stockpiling" some money for when a direct competitor for 1st place arrears it's head, but for the most part I do believe that those in charge of our club are working their arses off to better Scottish football.

6. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Yay you. I can't imagine the day I'll boast about deliberately not going to support Celtic.

A Celtic on course for the title, participated in the CL against some of the best teams in world football and have just concluded a record breaking run of clean sheets and who haven't been beaten domestically in the league this season come feb.

Faithful through and through. Right ye are.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Yet you posted again to me :97:

8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
  9. Dubliner1

Roys - the current league is not strong. I don't care about clean sheet records. What I do care about is when my team loses at home in the Cup to Aberdeen, Morton, etc. There will be another 20k season ticket holders missing on Sunday when we play St Johnstone

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    * *... Title was won before it started.. Participated in the champions league? Barely, we scored 3 goals... Record of clean sheets, do we get a trophy for that???

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  12. celtic warrior

Here is a question?

People are saying we are regressing as a club? why is that? is it because of Lenny and his tactics? maybe an argument could be made

Is it because the board despite what they say and money we earn do not put their money where there mouth is? maybe an argument could be made

Is it because in general CL participation is not a cert which is easily highlighted by our co-eff and despite us being seeded and who people think should be easily able to dispatch, we can't hold on to players with the one thing we could sell them like in MON or WGS days? maybe an argument could be made for that.

I personally believe despite the league's shortcomings what we are seeing since the death of Rangers is the other clubs very slowly building their way up to becoming stronger teams, they may well never challenge us like "they" used to but they are all certainly making small and slow improvements i.e Butcher's job at ICT who I reckon at the time could have easily given "them" a close run for 2nd and hopefully once Hughes settles in proper he will be able to continue building on what Butcher done for ICT.

Also slowly but surely Butcher seems to be having an effect on Hibs who have become wayward over the years but despite their own cup upset aside again seem to slowly be improving thanks to Butcher.

Then there is Dundee Utd who right now are in a loss of form but with their cup win might get back up and running and for the large part been playing great football and have some great young talent at their disposal which they are using to their advantage.

Then there is also Aberdeen who beat us from the weekend who are now doing well themself in their own right.

My question is this are not being disrespectful to most of these clubs by ignoring what they are doing? they are getting better, they are getting stronger and in a whole making our league that little better and taking full advantage of sevco not being here in our league all the while we here are almost becoming snobbish and arrogant to those around us to the point where we are even now bickering between us about achievements because we feel there is a divine right to win everything? and play truly world beating football to boot?

Whether be Lenny in charge or not nothing will change how this club goes about it's business thus effecting the "style" and "product" on show. We would have to spend very very wisely and hope because of it CL participation is certain along with getting to the last 16 before we see any improvement on the field in regards to "product" or names on our payroll.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

You would have us believe that we as supporters would happily see our team struggle thru the league so long as we win. As a fan I want the team to win every match. I want to end the season unbeaten in the league. Where were all the supporters for this all important cup game? Why has none of the posters he placed such importance in this game not answered this question.

The pivotal game in our season and we can only half fill our stadium.

14. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I strongly disagree. I think even last season the football was gash. His first season however was extremely enjoyable and if we could get back to that kind of style I'd be delighted but every season we seem to be getting further from it. It's like he's scarred from Inverness and that season as a whole and has set us up to be stronger to beat (successfully, I may add) but at the cost of having that extra wee something to break teams down and playing entertainingly.

What I also disagree with is that he likes creative players first and foremost. I think he's shown himself to favour less creative players but guys who will get about the pitch and give a bit of presence (Brown, Ledley, Wanyama, Kayal, Mulgrew).

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    I would've certainly been there had i been in the county...i was at the Morton game if that's any consolation to you

16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

I am not questioning anyones veracity as a supporter. I just make the point there was alot of apathy about this match as far as attending it was concerned. Why so if this match was so important.

Would this apathy in the stadium have effected our players. We talk about how the twelfth man can help us in Europe. Could the Aberdeen seen this effect reversed? Should supporters not shoulder some blame for not doing their job ie. supporting. Should maybe the local fan base be sacked for not doing their job?

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No mate I would not have you believe anything.. I want to see our team progress from strength to strength which I dont think it is happening under Lennon. I think he has brought us as far as he can with his ability..

As I said before I don't solely blame Lennon for our regression but i think he is part of the problem..

As for the crowds, the product is not good hence the costumers drop..

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

If we were playing a meaningless CL game and our final position could not have been effected then we would still have had >55k* yet such an important match can draw <30k. Same product(Celtic) different competition yet the meaningless match would draw twice the crowd that the most important game we had left this season.

* I reduced the cl attendance to reflect a team of smaller stature eg Copenhagen

19. CammyBhoyJunior

I would like to see what the people saying he should go now will say come the end of the season...

Totally impulsive response to one bad game

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    I hope your not using that as an excuse....our home support has been dire for the most part, especially in the last couple of years, so its nothing new for the players.... cup games have never been well attended by our fans anyway