1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time for Lennon to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Feb 8, 2014.

Discuss Is it time for Lennon to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Fair play :50:

2. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Serious question, how many times this season have we played 'great' football? Hearts and Motherwell, maybe Kilmarnock away for some of the game.. any more?

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Using examples of how we've * up against less-favourites than ourselves in the past is clutching at straws?

Aye, if getting to the group stages for the second year in a row wasn't a *insert whatever word you believe suits best then here* achievement, then I don't know what is.

4. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

His "style of football" has been rather good up until this season, a season were we've lost the spine of our team. It's going to take time for Lenny to rebuild once again and get a team playing football, the most important thing is that we're winning the league while trying to find our feet, because ultimately I know Lenny will want us playing good, expansive football.

You can see from the players he's likes, i.e guys like Commons, Stokes and Forrest... the first a midfielder who's a goal threat, a predominantly creative striker/forward and a pacey winger, that he's trying to play guys who have the potential to play decent football. Also signings like Johansen and Biton, two very good footballers with technical ability.

5. Dáibhí

I'm not so sure I agree to be honest. He's done a decent enough job thus far, but I don't think his style of play is terribly exciting to watch. His signings haven't really inspire me either.

You can't argue with results I guess, but I won't be disappointed to see him go if I'm honest.

6. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

:50:

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Dunno off the top of my head, why?

I've already stated that I'm not happy overall with the level of football on display this season in this thread and many others.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    If you can find where I insulted anyone by calling them a "dumb * of a poster" I will apoligise. I have been arguing my point without any insults bar one person. The last of it on my part. :50:

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We've had a 7-0, 5-0, a handful of 4-0 and a whole host of 2+ wins.

We are averaging 2.5 goals in the league this season.

What is exciting?

In fact, how can it ever be exciting if you are bored from the outset because the league is irrelevant?

10. Mr. Slippyfist

I'd say that the job he has done (taking ALL aspects into consideration) has been very good.

Are there instances where he and the team * up? * aye, but under his helm we have got back to a stage where we are achieving domestic success (regardless of opposition), HAS delivered cup success (even if he/the team) has failed more times than not, and got us back onto the European scene and given us many great memories of Champions League skalps/performances. Not to mention us now seeing the dividends of the young players he has brought in being flogged off for huge payments.

Some of the football under Lennon has been really good to watch, but should be better. If we could get back to playing with the same gusto and ballsy-ness of the first season, then I'd be a very happy supporter.

11. Dubliner1

The current crowds at Celtic Pk tell u that our fans are not happy with the Club on the field and off the field. If Neil is going to be a pupett for pistol Pete then he would be better off moving on. I've had enough of the current crap served up and will not be back at Celtic Pk this season. We have 2 season tickets and will not be going back.

12. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Just face it, people on here won't be satisfied until we're regularly making last 16 of the CL, winning the treble every season whilst at the same time playing football some mindblowingly brilliant, that it's basically a combination of tika taka from Barcelona and the ruthless pace of Bayern while Stokes has been transformed in a Ronaldo-esque goalscorer.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

That was me who posted that to you.

Many of your other classless insults have been quoted to you on several occasions on the past few pages.

14. Dubliner1

People on here need to realise we should be pumping teams in Scotland. It's no great achievement in beating teams with shoe string budgets.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'll give you £30 for the pair.

16. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Oh dear..

17. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Because you said when we play great football.. so I wondered how many times you thought we'd played great football this season.
    The only two games that I thought we played great enjoyable to watch football this season is Motherwell and Hearts.

Maybe Scottish football is the problem, I genuinely think I might just be getting bored of the whole setup to be honest. It all stems from not being happy with the direction the board are taking us in, i'm just getting fed up and bored with all of it.

18. Dubliner1

Sean - when close friends or other family members are not using them you're welcome to them. No fee required.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

What ye thinking mate, something like no less than regular 8/9/10-0 pumpings or else it's a failure?

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This is what I mean, maybe the whole set up is making things seem worse than it is.

There is plenty * me off atm, mostly off the park stuff though. I still get that buzz at kick off.