1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    I don't really care if people question my allegiance or not, I can see my Season Card on the desk in front of me and I know the club I support. I actually want BETTER from one of our players, for the good of our team and to make us better in attack, how that makes me any less of a supporter is baffling. Why on earth would I praise a lot of our players (Rogic, Roberts, Tierney, Lustig, Erik, Toure, Bitton, Commons, Christie etc) and spend near everyday on here at times If I wasn't a Celtic supporter? Would need some amount of patience and will power for that if I wasn't. How would I know obscure things like players we've had in the past or present scoring certain types of goals in certain matches If I wasn't a Celtic fan? Would have to have the memory of * rain man for that type of stuff.

He does need to do it though because there's been occasions (One against Inter Milan at home for instance in the 3-3 game that sticks out) where if he had that technique we would have scored. If there's a highlights package of that match kicking about you'll see it. Chipping the ball over the GK is a skill which is clearly lacking in Griffiths game and I would say any decent striker should have that in their game.

Griffiths has scored 187 career goals, not once has he scored as far as I can see a goal of the type I am talking about. Which for me is a concern, it may not be for you, but for me it is because as I've said many times I want better for our team in attack and want our striker to have as much variety as possible in scoring goals for us, chipping the GK is something I'd like to think Griffiths is capable of but clearly it isn't.

Admitting he's poor at that aspect of his game in your eyes seems to make you less of a Celtic fan, but for me it's the opposite as I'm looking for more to make our team better hence making us as a club better.

2. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

3. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Alright, simmer down.... I know you're a Celtic fan. Was just winding you up for a change :icon_mrgreen:

I find it hard to believe that you don't think he's capable though. Just 'cos he's not done it, doesn't mean he can't (maybe he's just chosen another option at the time he's been in that position - which won't be a lot). A talented footballer with his skill, will no doubt be able to chip the keeper. In fact, I'm sure he'll do it once he reads this thread and you can take the credit for it :smiley-laughing002:

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The manner in which a prolific goal scorer scores his goals is totally irrelevant, the ball could go in off his *, dosen't matter, the fact is that Griff knows how to find the back of the net.

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He hasn't dinked the ball over a 'keeper...oh * no! You know what? See strikers that do that every now and then, they might not score headers regularly. They might not score belters from 20 yards regularly. Griffiths does both of those.

If you think he is incapable of lifting a ball over a goalkeeper, well...the less said the better.

Fair enough, criticise his link up play or decision making at times. But arguing with people because he hasn't scored a * dinked goal...it's * pathetic.

6. Sonny7

Why do people entertain that Wanyama1967 in this thread? He's a * little piece a knobcheese ignore him

7. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    I hope so, that would be both fantastic and hilarious.

8. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You're at it mate. A striker is there to score goals. He's scored more than anyone would have expected by this point and has done it consistently. He is carrying on the form from last season, got to the point he is almost a stick on to score every game yet you've decided you want him to score a chip to be considered as talented as Tony "31 career goals" watt. The fact you're continuing with this line of discussion is embarrassing.

9. wulliebad

How I miss og1.......oh wait.

10. Maestro 08

There will be strikers out there that are partial to this wee * over the keeper that you crave but are hopeless when it comes to the 30 yard raspers that Griffiths has in his locker. Goals come from many angles & ranges but they ALL count the same & Griffiths has scored a barrel load. That's the bottom line.

11. Dr. Frasier Crane

Please stop quoting him :56:

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Aye just ignore the *. Please.

13. celtic#1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Frank Mcavennie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    You really don't have one single clue about football in general. For someone to try and say " I like a striker who is capable of the chip finish," Pffff,is ,quite frankly pathetic, immature, attention seeking claptrap.You sound like Beaker from the muppets.
    As someone who has actually played as a striker, let me just say,ANY goal is a goal. Dry your eyes and enjoy the best striker we have had since the King. :bbpd: :celt_2:

14. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Wanyama arguing with his boaby

Weird.

15. Aidan O’Shea

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

16. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It's a bit dickish to bring that up :icon_mrgreen:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. gerry_bhoy

Leigh is on to his next challenge on his unending quest for fan approval...

Chipping the keeper.

Can't wait till he ticks this one off.

19. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Get us a goal tonight leigh! Doesn't need to be "dinked" any will do me. Some * nonsense on here again I * despair.

20. blink1eto'o

Nah mate he's never scored a goal from behind the half way line for us or an overhead kick from outside the box so will never be good enough to lead the line for us in Europe.